Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 28, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
it was puke football. i see ttm havent even bothered to put up a match report and no sign of mickey doin an interview after the match either. plenty of stuff up about the big mc kenna cup wins.
Match report: http://teamtalkmag.com/2018/01/46754/
Harte Interview: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1987324938195569&id=1566619706932763

And you are the same clown who recently went on the attack against TTM over their awards night in relation to how it dealt with the county/Harte, not realising the entire night was about club football.

While I am by no means a supporter of Harte's brand of football, yourself and 'thebigdog' are two absolute pollutants to this board. While 'southtyronegael', your repeated attacks on TTM are totally unwarranted and illinformed.

I already set up a separate thread for you and 'thebigdog' to spout your illinformed, overly personal, nasty, childish anonymous abuse about people in. Kindly clear off back to it. The volunteer gaels behind teamtalk do more for the GAA community than anonymous, immature, cowardly little runts like you ever will.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Snapchap on January 29, 2018, 12:30:24 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 28, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
it was puke football. i see ttm havent even bothered to put up a match report and no sign of mickey doin an interview after the match either. plenty of stuff up about the big mc kenna cup wins.
Match report: http://teamtalkmag.com/2018/01/46754/
Harte Interview: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1987324938195569&id=1566619706932763

And you are the same clown who recently went on the attack against TTM over their awards night in relation to how it dealt with the county/Harte, not realising the entire night was about club football.

While I am by no means a supporter of Harte's brand of football, yourself and 'thebigdog' are two absolute pollutants to this board. While 'southtyronegael', your repeated attacks on TTM are totally unwarranted and illinformed.

I already set up a separate thread for you and 'thebigdog' to spout your illinformed, overly personal, nasty, childish anonymous abuse about people in. Kindly clear off back to it. The volunteer gaels behind teamtalk do more for the GAA community than anonymous, immature, cowardly little runts like you ever will.
shut up Mickey lol

Thebigdog

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 28, 2018, 11:27:06 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on January 28, 2018, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 28, 2018, 11:09:51 PM
bomber, winter football seems to suit them alright when it comes to mc kenna cups.
lol. I think bomber should be reported to the moderator, for these clichéd comments have people tearing their bloody hair out!

You have been busy today yourself:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2018-01-28/naas/461400/naas-rebrand-(proam)-flat-race
lol hope you filled your boots!!

Club boi

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 28, 2018, 06:09:32 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 28, 2018, 05:03:59 PM
Quote from: redzone on January 28, 2018, 04:43:16 PM
Sats it up nicely for the dubs
Big deal we got beat in a game of footbal. Usual suspects couldn't wait to get a dig.

is a sort of counter balance to the hype if they'd have won

You'd hope another McKenna Cup on the sideboard in mid-Feb will give the right platform for Div 1 survival.

Going by yesterdays standards, Donegal will win that

skeog

Its all set up tp beat the dubs on sat night and get the show moving again.

Dire Ear

Quote from: skeog on January 29, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Its all set up tp beat the dubs on sat night and get the show moving again.
I would be fearing a real hammering, have Tyrone lost their bottle?  I'm beginning to think the last trip to CP will hurt for a long time

Fuzzman

I always find it hard to show the right balance after a horrid performance like that.
I mean too many people OVER react and some are always defensive and too positive and can't say yes that was just not good enough.

If I'm totally honest with how I felt yesterday at 4pm I was angry and annoyed and had had a very bad 12 hours anyway having lost my phone and wallet. To travel that far to watch muck like that had me thinking this is the last nail in the coffin for me and away league games. I'd actually rather go down for the nights craic and then not bother going to the game at all as its just putting me in bad form.

The earlier goal did knock us a bit and so right away we were playing catch up but you could see from a very early stage that Galway were a lot more direct in their play. Willing to use the kick pass a lot more and move the ball quickly. We have this obsession with NOT losing the ball any more by using hand passing and then sure enough we over play it and then lose it. Reminded me of the Dubs match last year where we just kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

Of course its only the first game of the season and we were slow to get out of the blocks and its was horrible conditions BUT this was a 2nd rate Galway team (I mean they were missing a lot of their 1st choice players) and we were only really missing Colm Cavanagh. Yes big loss I know.
We have a HUGE lack of leaders in the team in my eyes, men who dont need advice from their manager but can see where things are going wrong and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mattie is team captain now but we hardly saw him all day.

I watched the highlights of the Dubs v Kildare game last night and I was amazed how many of their big guns they had playing. Fenton had a stormer scoring 1.5 I think from MF.
I've gone from really looking forward to the battle of Omagh part II to now dreading it.

I realise its only round 1 of the league but to me that was one of our easier games on paper and we never looked like winning it. A home defeat to the Dubs and with Donegal and Monaghan showing they are not too far away from Mayo and Kerry I think it could be relegation talk rather than top 2.

southtyronegael

Snapchap, are these the same ttm great volunteers who tried to engineer the partially successful coup against rosin Jordan? Great lads alright.

The Trap

STG and TBD crudely put across the feelings of many Tyrone people that I know used to go to all the games. Fuzzman you seem to have to got to a stage that I got to a couple of years ago after being at the Donegal Ulster final and Mayo games in quick succession. Put simply Tyrone are bloody boring. Its boring to watch them put big scores on lesser teams and its boring to watch them try and compete with the better teams with this "style" of football.
The Moy game reminded me of that Ulster Final. Play crap for most of the match and steal a win at the end. Good luck to them in the final but I think after that it will be a painful year for them........

Snapchap

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 29, 2018, 10:20:58 AM
Snapchap, are these the same ttm great volunteers who tried to engineer the partially successful coup against rosin Jordan? Great lads alright.

I'd be more incline to believe your allegations/care about your allegations if you knew the first thing about Teamtalk or the men behind it. You have already made it abundantly clear that you are absolutely clueless about them.

I'd be fairly confident through that they don't spend their time bravely using anonymously on a web forum to dish out abuse at named individuals who have quite clearly been providing a valuable service to Tyrone gaels for years now for no financial reward.

It boggles my mind that anyone can spend so much of their time sitting at a keyboard hiding behind a fake name to viciously abuse people named GAA volunteers and still have some misguided believe that doing so makes them the ones that are the 'great lads'.

southtyronegael

Snap chat, show me a post where I 'viciously abused' anyone on ttm. And stop trying to moderate the forum just because u don't like what u hear. The days of tip toeing round and being silent on certain matters regarding Tyrone football are over.

Snapchap

Quote from: The Trap on January 29, 2018, 10:48:02 AM
STG and TBD crudely put across the feelings of many Tyrone people that I know used to go to all the games.

The criticisms of Harte's style of play are more than warranted and are something you will hear at every match, and deservedly so, and I have no issue with criticisms of Harte or Teamtalk on websites like this if it is warranted and is not overly personal.

What is uncalled for is outright personal abuse on a web forum where GAA volunteers (be it Harte or the Teamtalk men) are anonymously abused by cowards and referred to as 'furhers' etc and are faced with anonymous allegations about themselves.

Simple concept lads - treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. I have no doubt that if STG or TBG ever had a pubic role volunteering within the GAA, they would not enjoy seeing their real identities splashed across the board and personal abuse or allegations made about them by anonymous cowards.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 29, 2018, 10:00:57 AM
I always find it hard to show the right balance after a horrid performance like that.
I mean too many people OVER react and some are always defensive and too positive and can't say yes that was just not good enough.

If I'm totally honest with how I felt yesterday at 4pm I was angry and annoyed and had had a very bad 12 hours anyway having lost my phone and wallet. To travel that far to watch muck like that had me thinking this is the last nail in the coffin for me and away league games. I'd actually rather go down for the nights craic and then not bother going to the game at all as its just putting me in bad form.

The earlier goal did knock us a bit and so right away we were playing catch up but you could see from a very early stage that Galway were a lot more direct in their play. Willing to use the kick pass a lot more and move the ball quickly. We have this obsession with NOT losing the ball any more by using hand passing and then sure enough we over play it and then lose it. Reminded me of the Dubs match last year where we just kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

Of course its only the first game of the season and we were slow to get out of the blocks and its was horrible conditions BUT this was a 2nd rate Galway team (I mean they were missing a lot of their 1st choice players) and we were only really missing Colm Cavanagh. Yes big loss I know.
We have a HUGE lack of leaders in the team in my eyes, men who dont need advice from their manager but can see where things are going wrong and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mattie is team captain now but we hardly saw him all day.

I watched the highlights of the Dubs v Kildare game last night and I was amazed how many of their big guns they had playing. Fenton had a stormer scoring 1.5 I think from MF.
I've gone from really looking forward to the battle of Omagh part II to now dreading it.

I realise its only round 1 of the league but to me that was one of our easier games on paper and we never looked like winning it. A home defeat to the Dubs and with Donegal and Monaghan showing they are not too far away from Mayo and Kerry I think it could be relegation talk rather than top 2.

Was there any evidence of a change in tactics from last year Fuzz? Did we go man to man at all, bring less men back or leave more forwards up the pitch? I've seen plenty of low scoring games when teams where playing man for man, especially in bad conditions and it seems to be the jumped upon narrative from many who weren't at the game (including Marc O'Se) who see the the scoreline and conclude that it was same old Tyrone. I'm interested to see if there was any green shoots to cling to or was it simply more of the same?
That was never a square ball!!

Snapchap

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 29, 2018, 11:59:58 AM
Snap chat, show me a post where I 'viciously abused' anyone on ttm. And stop trying to moderate the forum just because u don't like what u hear. The days of tip toeing round and being silent on certain matters regarding Tyrone football are over.

So you haven't, for example, repeatedly mocked Harte for his faith and referred to him as a "religious fundamentalist", for example?

skeog

TTM do wonderful work but to class them as volunteers doesnt sound right i am sure the directors are reimbursed and rightly so for the greai show that they run like any other radio or online organization.