Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: vallankumous on March 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 11, 2017, 02:08:17 PM

If they believed the boycott was justified they would have the courage of their convictions not to go rte at any stage. Some of those players boycotted rte for years and then a few weeks after retiring were straight onto the sunday game. That says to me they didn't really believe the boycott was justified, they were only doing it to ensure their place in the team.

I suppose you could say the same about the drink ban.
I saw a recently retired player having a pint the night before a game. That says to me he never believed in the drink ban, if he did he'd still be honoring the ban into retirement.

Funny I saw a recently retired tyrone walking down the street and someone bumped into him and he managed to stay on his feet, he didn't dive to the ground. So maybe he never believed in the diving culture. I don't think they have a moral objection to a drink ban, not really the same thing but nice attempt to be facetious.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on March 11, 2017, 02:08:17 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 11, 2017, 11:39:40 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM
when you see players going on RTE after they are finished with Tyrone is obvious who is driving the RTE ban... not the players

Ex Tyrone players.

McCarron was meant to appear on RTE this year before RTE pulled it. It hasn't impacted his career under Harte.

Why don't you go on back to Derry?

If they believed the boycott was justified they would have the courage of their convictions not to go rte at any stage. Some of those players boycotted rte for years and then a few weeks after retiring were straight onto the sunday game. That says to me they didn't really believe the boycott was justified, they were only doing it to ensure their place in the team.

Think you've let your double account slip there.

Il Bomber Destro

I think it's very obvious that Lenny is Longballin, southtyronegael and teaminamillion.

The levels he goes to in order to submit his bitterness is quite funny.

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on March 11, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
Bit different a beard gimmick and taking a moral stand against RTE... if they feel that strongly then stay off RTE, Harte was furious with boys went on RTE but had no more control over them.

Who told you that Lenny? I'm sure you've got some credible source to back up the view that Harte was "furious" with them. When you are part of the collective group you go with the collective group decision, if your not, you don't. Not too hard to understand. The boycotting interviews is blown out of all proportion anyway. I'm sure the lads barely give it a second thought as there are so many media outlets these days but clearly it irks Derrymen enough to come on to a Tyrone thread to give off about it, so for that reason alone they are justified.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 11, 2017, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: longballin on March 11, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
Bit different a beard gimmick and taking a moral stand against RTE... if they feel that strongly then stay off RTE, Harte was furious with boys went on RTE but had no more control over them.

Who told you that Lenny? I'm sure you've got some credible source to back up the view that Harte was "furious" with them. When you are part of the collective group you go with the collective group decision, if your not, you don't. Not too hard to understand. The boycotting interviews is blown out of all proportion anyway. I'm sure the lads barely give it a second thought as there are so many media outlets these days but clearly it irks Derrymen enough to come on to a Tyrone thread to give off about it, so for that reason alone they are justified.

You're a niaive lad  ::)

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 11, 2017, 09:17:14 AM
We've now moved on from Mattie to Malachy orourke I think. If we could get him we would be able to enjoy the all out attacking football he has brought to Monaghan. Their tactics are vastly different to Tyrone and they average 20 points a game (would never score say 7 points in a game). He gets the most out of his players in every game and they'd never lose a championship game at home to Longford for example.

Since we last won the all Ireland in 08 harte's record has been terrible. We've only won 3 ulster titles which is way behind all the other Ulster counties especially Donegal. If only he'd let the players talk to rte they'd have taken the goal chances and hit the frees v Kerry in 15 and mccurry and mccarron would have kicked their chances over the bar v Mayo last year. Worst of all Harte paid Pete McGrath to put his nephew on the Ulster team and even take the frees, sure he's no where near that standard.

Let's hope this time next year one of these master attacking coaches is in and we could maybe dream of being top of division 1.

Tremendous!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

some of the mickey harte defending on here is really pathetic. anyone who dares to disagree is either from derry, has never played football, knows nothing about football etc. sad state of affairs but the REAL tyrone fans know things aint right.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 12, 2017, 11:30:29 AM
some of the mickey harte defending on here is really pathetic. anyone who dares to disagree is either from derry, has never played football, knows nothing about football etc. sad state of affairs but the REAL tyrone fans know things aint right.

Very accurate depiction of the person behind your bizarre and bitter rantings.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 12, 2017, 11:30:29 AM

Well genius features, perhaps instead of being top of Division 1 at this juncture, if Harte were any good at all we'd be in a whole new division, like Division 0?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

teaminamillion

Id say Matty mcgleenan would be glad to have the talent Tyrone have at their disposal. Some people really are in a privileged position! I suppose we have to take into account it was Cavan after all. Its like groundhog day, flying in the McKenna cup spellbinding in the league an uninspiring run to croke park in August and then the customary fall to pieces against the real opposition! After that then some talk in the irish news about transition transition and another wee bit of transistion! Anyway I'm off to have some ice cream with a sprinkling of transition x

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 12, 2017, 07:29:30 PM
Id say Matty mcgleenan would be glad to have the talent Tyrone have at their disposal. Some people really are in a privileged position! I suppose we have to take into account it was Cavan after all. Its like groundhog day, flying in the McKenna cup spellbinding in the league an uninspiring run to croke park in August and then the customary fall to pieces against the real opposition! After that then some talk in the irish news about transition transition and another wee bit of transistion! Anyway I'm off to have some ice cream with a sprinkling of transition x

On your way so Lenny.

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 11, 2017, 07:22:09 PM
I think it's very obvious that Lenny is Longballin, southtyronegael and teaminamillion.

Can you not believe more than one person is not a disciple of Mickey? A lot of people aren't that gullible

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on March 12, 2017, 07:41:31 PM

Can you not believe more than one person is not a disciple of Mickey? A lot of people aren't that gullible

I can Lenny but I think all of your accounts propose the same absolute nonsense again and again.

teaminamillion

A very serious question I would like someone to answer. When our esteemed manager Mickey Harte told the Irish news in October 2013 he was going to "freshen up" his "management team", is it true   what he was really doing was just walking around his dressing room in garvaghy spraying a can of fabreze? Is this behaviour not odd??

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 12, 2017, 07:43:32 PM
Quote from: longballin on March 12, 2017, 07:41:31 PM

I can Lenny but I think all of your accounts propose the same absolute nonsense again and again.

Lenny? who da fuc is Lenny?!  :D