Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redzone on January 27, 2017, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2017, 06:48:50 PM
Meyler has been hit badly by niggly injuries the past few years.

He was absolutely immense in the corresponding McKenna Cup clash with Derry last year, pretty much turned the game by himself for Tyrone after his introduction. He has a great engine on him and if he can stay injury free and get a bit craftier on the ball then he can be a big player for us, he is still very inexperienced at the minute and you'd certainly expect him to kick on.
For me his biggest downfall is the basics of the game. Handpassing, passing and shooting are all suspect under pressure but he has the fitness and the speed end of things there

He's very inexperienced though, last season he couldn't get a run of games at all with injuries, the year before he only made his debut against Tipp in the Championship so. I don't think he's a bad footballer at all, he's good enough on the ball for me put just needs a little bit more composure in possession which will hopefully come with experience.

Redhand Santa

As usual always very tricky to pick the starting team for first round of league. It'll be something like this:

Morgan (think he's first choice but if going with rotation could be O'Neill)
Mccarron
McNamee/justy (mcnamee first choice but was away and justy looks fit)
Hampsey/mcrory (id start hampsey but mcrory rarely left out)
Mcnabb
Mattie
McCann
Colm
McNulty (looks to be giving him another go)
Harte
Sludden
Meyler/Mcclure (would guess meyler but he has given Mcclure lots of game time)
Mccurry
Mc Shane
Bradley

Would guess he'll save Sean as an impact sub early in league but could be wrong. Also would have had munroe down to start but he didn't feature at all last night so must have an injury. Couldn't totally rule ronan O'Neill out of a starting spot either.

Fuzzman

Would be good if McNulty could play his part this season at MF and free Mattie up elsewhere.
Mattie is one of our best score getters like Harte and I feel that half forward and half back line almost play as one now doing zonal marking and attacking as one. Harte didn't seem too bothered about marking Ryan McHugh last summer.

Despite what some say about Meyler at club level, he seemed a very good ball carrier and hard worker which if fit I think will earn him a half forward slot.
With both Rory Brennan and Richie D still to come back from injury, there will be huge competition for places.

Has the mark made any change to our kickout strategy?

WBF

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 29, 2017, 11:18:01 AM
As usual always very tricky to pick the starting team for first round of league. It'll be something like this:

Morgan (think he's first choice but if going with rotation could be O'Neill)
Mccarron
McNamee/justy (mcnamee first choice but was away and justy looks fit)
Hampsey/mcrory (id start hampsey but mcrory rarely left out)
Mcnabb
Mattie
McCann
Colm
McNulty (looks to be giving him another go)
Harte
Sludden
Meyler/Mcclure (would guess meyler but he has given Mcclure lots of game time)
Mccurry
Mc Shane
Bradley

Would guess he'll save Sean as an impact sub early in league but could be wrong. Also would have had munroe down to start but he didn't feature at all last night so must have an injury. Couldn't totally rule ronan O'Neill out of a starting spot either.

Johnny was only home from a skiing holiday a couple of hours before the game started that's why he wouldn't have had any game time

Il Bomber Destro

When is Mickey due to cut his squad?

Have many of the new lads done enough to stay on? McClure? McCullagh?

Who would be in jeopardy of dropping off from last season's panel? McKenna? Clarke?

omagh_gael

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 29, 2017, 10:57:18 PM
Extended highlights on BBC iplayer
who the f**k would want to watch highlights of that? not much interest around anymore. the whole thing has died. talkin to a few people who went to the last few games and apparently the only tyrone supporters left are the club tyrone crew and mickeys total faith/brown noser brigade.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 30, 2017, 12:05:47 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 29, 2017, 10:57:18 PM
Extended highlights on BBC iplayer
who the f**k would want to watch highlights of that? not much interest around anymore. the whole thing has died. talkin to a few people who went to the last few games and apparently the only tyrone supporters left are the club tyrone crew and mickeys total faith/brown noser brigade.

I am not sure of your motives. You have proven that you haven't a clue about football and that you don't like Harte. whatever you think he is in for another year. Maybe stay off the County board and go and comment on the club one, if you have one, doubtful.

maco

I hear Conor Clarke has been dropped from the Tyrone panel. Anyone else dropped?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: maco on January 31, 2017, 12:22:54 AM
I hear Conor Clarke has been dropped from the Tyrone panel. Anyone else dropped?
Him and Niall McKenna away. No big surprise really, never available.

Mikhailov

Does anyone know what is the situation with Ruari Mullan and Harry Loughran. Didn't see much or any of them in recent games - are they dropped, injured or did they quit...?

Are Clarke and McKenna the only 2 players dropped from the squad?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 31, 2017, 08:48:07 AM
Does anyone know what is the situation with Ruari Mullan and Harry Loughran. Didn't see much or any of them in recent games - are they dropped, injured or did they quit...?

Are Clarke and McKenna the only 2 players dropped from the squad?

I believe Ruairi Mullan has left the panel. Harry Loughran is still there as far as I know, but he has been injured. If Mckenna and Clarke are the only ones to have been dropped (along with Barry Tierney who previously left the panel) then we will have two extra lads from last year after the addition of Harry Loughran, Declan McClure, Cahir McCullagh, Ronan McHugh and Michael Cassidy

Redhand Santa

Mcaliskey out for the year too so only one extra. Clarke had did ok pre Christmas but must have got injured again as wasn't seen in McKenna cup.

GetOverTheBar

Pity about Conor Clarke, looked to be a real find - unfortunately injuries have mounted for him, he's also carrying far too much muscle for a Gaelic Footballer - although that's probably a result of the injuries, the lad needs to be doing something to keep himself sane no doubt.

Hopefully a good run at club level and he'll be able to come back and add something.

White Goodman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 31, 2017, 10:50:30 AM
Pity about Conor Clarke, looked to be a real find - unfortunately injuries have mounted for him, he's also carrying far too much muscle for a Gaelic Footballer - although that's probably a result of the injuries, the lad needs to be doing something to keep himself sane no doubt.

Hopefully a good run at club level and he'll be able to come back and add something.

I don't think Mickey Harte watches reserve games...be tough for him to start for Omagh