Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Happy with the call ups, I've seen bits and pieces of all these lads this year and they all have the potential to put some of the more seasoned county men under pressure.  Thought Dan McNulty would have been given a call but maybe he was, who knows? 

Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

How has Ruairi Mullan progressed since last years under 21s? Thought he looked very very promising back then. Good man marker, very athletic and well able to get up the pitch to support the running game. Happy enough with all of the lads called up although i wouldn't have seen much of Harry Loughran.

By my reckoning there is now 11 of the starting 15 from last years under 21 team now on the senior panel which is impressive. The only ones not on are Ciaran McLaughlin, Matthew Walsh, Sparky Kavanagh and Dan McNulty.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on November 04, 2016, 09:44:15 AM
How has Ruairi Mullan progressed since last years under 21s? Thought he looked very very promising back then. Good man marker, very athletic and well able to get up the pitch to support the running game. Happy enough with all of the lads called up although i wouldn't have seen much of Harry Loughran.

By my reckoning there is now 11 of the starting 15 from last years under 21 team now on the senior panel which is impressive. The only ones not on are Ciaran McLaughlin, Matthew Walsh, Sparky Kavanagh and Dan McNulty.

Harry Loughran played McKenna cup football with St Marys last year I think, always look out for the Tyrone lads.  Seen him play a few games with the Moy this season and he looked their stand out player even with the Cavanaghs playing.  Very fast or at least the opposition made him look fast.
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Did Mullan even play much for Cookstown this year, thought he was away travelling over the summer? Interesting selections, have seen most of them in action throughout the year, personally dont think theyll set the world alight but its all about fitting into Mickeys system....
Thought young McKiernan deserved a call, the best footballing defender Ive seen in a while but i guess he has a few yrs at u21 yet.
Would take Swift back ahead of Gorman tbh.

Cheltenham Fun

Anybody dropped from the panel to make room for these 6 players?

tiempo

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on November 04, 2016, 12:32:48 PM

Nada. The hoard of training ground fodder is growing.

Could we not enter a team in Leinster Junior Championship?

Mountain Man

Barry Tierney has stepped away from the panel due to studying overseas according to reports.

blewuporstuffed

I would imagine , as with other years, that they are included in the panel for the Mckenna cup and some of the more senior players are given a break over the winter.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tiempo on November 04, 2016, 03:17:29 PM

Nada. The hoard of training ground fodder is growing.

Could we not enter a team in Leinster Junior Championship?

Tyrone had a panel of 33 or 34 last year, with a couple of long term injuries. How did that compare to other top counties?

I'd say tierney and one or two others could be gone. A couple more will get dropped after the McKenna cup.

tothetop03

Would have liked to see Ruairi Loughran given a go I think he is a good player.... McKernan is young yet but if he keeps progressed and learning he could be the type of defender that Harte could be doing with seems very comfortable on the ball and can take a score...time will tell for him I suppose...

Square ball Ref

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 04, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on November 04, 2016, 09:44:15 AM

Harry Loughran played McKenna cup football with St Marys last year I think, always look out for the Tyrone lads.  Seen him play a few games with the Moy this season and he looked their stand out player even with the Cavanaghs playing.  Very fast or at least the opposition made him look fast.

Seen Loughran a few times myself this year.  Would agree that he was definitely their standout player. 

Best of luck to all 6 newbies   Be hard to make beeak through and they might have to show some patience.

Il Bomber Destro

Mullan is proper corner back so will add some depth there as we are a bit light in that area in terms of cover.

The rest of the players called up don't really seem to address the issues we have at the minute - a physical threat at the edge of the square and a reliable free taker.

I don't know much about McHugh. I think he was minor in 2013 but has not featured in any of the u21 squads since so I'd hold little prospects for him but who knows.

We have plenty of depth in the half forward/midfield/half back lines at the minute which is where most of these lads seem to ply their trade so I think they will find it tough to make the cut.

Could McCullagh do a job at 14?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 05, 2016, 03:36:29 PM
Mullan is proper corner back so will add some depth there as we are a bit light in that area in terms of cover.

The rest of the players called up don't really seem to address the issues we have at the minute - a physical threat at the edge of the square and a reliable free taker.

I don't know much about McHugh. I think he was minor in 2013 but has not featured in any of the u21 squads since so I'd hold little prospects for him but who knows.

We have plenty of depth in the half forward/midfield/half back lines at the minute which is where most of these lads seem to ply their trade so I think they will find it tough to make the cut.

I know little re McHugh too but his scoring return over the last few seasons is excellent.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 05, 2016, 05:04:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 05, 2016, 03:36:29 PM

I know little re McHugh too but his scoring return over the last few seasons is excellent.

Being top scorer two years on the trot in the Division 2 probably suggests he's a free taker so maybe that's the thinking there.

southtyronegael

to be honest lads it wont make a blind bit of difference who we add to the panel if the gameplan stays the same then its irrelevant. be prepared for more of the same shite  next year.