Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

tyrone will be dragged through the mud by late late show 2moro. mc carron is a disgrace.

Localexpert

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 20, 2016, 09:59:03 PM
tyrone will be dragged through the mud by late late show 2moro. mc carron is a disgrace.

I've read from the independent that he won't be on the show as the father of the girl he met on tinder complained.  The tinder episode in fairness to him seems to be the only time he actually is an innocent party....

southtyronegael

thankfully rte have pulled the plug on mc carron.

Fuzzman

Sounds like Conal McCann had a good Tyrone championship and I see he also scored a 45 last weekend.
Can people see him push his way into the county starting team this year or will he continue to be a squad player.

Would be nice to see Mark Bradley played in nearer the goals and get more scores as I always felt he was wasted playing where he does. Saying that of course he would have a lot less space and maybe 2 or 3 defenders around him.
Can we expect any other players pushing through this year. I think Niall Sludden was our best success story of 2016 although Rory Brennan will be pushing hard for a half back slot next year again.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 25, 2016, 02:12:37 PM
Sounds like Conal McCann had a good Tyrone championship and I see he also scored a 45 last weekend.
Can people see him push his way into the county starting team this year or will he continue to be a squad player.

Would be nice to see Mark Bradley played in nearer the goals and get more scores as I always felt he was wasted playing where he does. Saying that of course he would have a lot less space and maybe 2 or 3 defenders around him.
Can we expect any other players pushing through this year. I think Niall Sludden was our best success story of 2016 although Rory Brennan will be pushing hard for a half back slot next year again.

I'd like to see a forward line of Meyler, Sludden, Richie Donnelly, Bradley, McShane /Cavanagh and Lee Brennan.

Rory Brennan should start next year in a half back line with Tiernan and Petey with MxGeary pushing hard. I'd like to see Padraig Hampsey  given a good run at full back and some role found for Frank Burns who I think is a class act. Interesting to see what shape the team take and being in Div 1 is a massive bonus this coming year compared to last.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Yeah that looks an interesting forward line alright but who does that leave out? R.O'Neill, McAliskey, McCurry
Meyler and Richie need to kick on next year and nail down a place. Both look to have huge potential but didn't really deliver it that much last year though Meyler was injured a lot.

I would suspect Mickey will see it important to keep it tight again in Div 1 and get off to a good start and so is why I can't see him playing small skillful forwards in the FF line as they will have no support. Mark Bradley could be named at CF but is more likely to play around the half back/forward lines.

Are people expecting Joe and Justy to call it a day? Sean might not show until after the league.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 25, 2016, 03:44:13 PM
Yeah that looks an interesting forward line alright but who does that leave out? R.O'Neill, McAliskey, McCurry
Meyler and Richie need to kick on next year and nail down a place. Both look to have huge potential but didn't really deliver it that much last year though Meyler was injured a lot.

I would suspect Mickey will see it important to keep it tight again in Div 1 and get off to a good start and so is why I can't see him playing small skillful forwards in the FF line as they will have no support. Mark Bradley could be named at CF but is more likely to play around the half back/forward lines.

Are people expecting Joe and Justy to call it a day? Sean might not show until after the league.

I'd leave out all three but you could still see them doing a bit of damage coming into a game a la Mannion and Costello.

Knock Yer Mucker In

I have seen Myler play against us twice this year in the championship and last year V Dromore in the c'ship, in other words his last three cship matches for Omagh. He never touched the ball in those three games, thats without exaggeration he went AWOL, a county player?? Haven't a clue what you boys are basing your assessment on that he is senior county c'ship footballer when he can't cut it at club level.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 25, 2016, 05:06:24 PM
I have seen Myler play against us twice this year in the championship and last year V Dromore in the c'ship, in other words his last three cship matches for Omagh. He never touched the ball in those three games, thats without exaggeration he went AWOL, a county player?? Haven't a clue what you boys are basing your assessment on that he is senior county c'ship footballer when he can't cut it at club level.
Had an excellent U21 and Senior year in 2015.
Some of his early performances for the seniors in 2016 were also excellent. The McKenna cup final being a particular highlight.

Knock Yer Mucker In

He had an excellent u21 campaign along with many others. An excellent senior in 2015?? Well your idea of excellence is clearly different to mine. As for the Mc Kenna lol

GaelTheGael

I thought he added a lot to the tyrone team when introduced in 2015. Maybe just my opinion but id have him on my starting 15 anyway.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaelTheGael on October 25, 2016, 07:02:11 PM
I thought he added a lot to the tyrone team when introduced in 2015. Maybe just my opinion but id have him on my starting 15 anyway.

+1 I wouldn't be writing him off on the basis of a couple of under par club performances coming on the back of a season dogged by injuries. We are quick to discard players in this county.

Norf Tyrone

Is Kavangh from. Errigal progessing. Looked a class act any time I seen him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Did Frank Burns get any time with the seniors this year? As far as I am aware he was on the panel all year. Thought he looked like the standout potential senior from the AI u-21 win.

tothetop03

Was Conner Meyler not injured most of the year and only back around club champioship time...