Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximus

Quote from: rrhf on September 13, 2016, 05:55:40 AM
Quote from: maximus on September 13, 2016, 02:25:28 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 12, 2016, 10:00:20 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 12, 2016, 08:01:16 PM
As posted in the club thread -

Let it be said that Tyrone have been crying out for a free taker and from memory I don't think Lee Breenan missed any yesterday. Great off the ground especially when having to judge a swirling wind around Pomeroy. Some may say he's young but if he's good enough, he's old enough
was at the game and brennan indeed was immaculate from placed balls. 6 points and a penalty scored with no misses. mark bradley was excellent too both from play and placed balls.

Hopefully he can do it on the big stage. The issue with our free takers in recent times has been that in club games, McKenna Cup and League they have been good but on the big day in Croke Park have lost their way a bit and lost the previous consistency.

That's a load of keek

What are you referring to?

redhandefender

would love  to find my post from start of last year. Brennan was the best hope we had then both from play and frees. The other 3 amigos had there shots and continually blew it when push came to shove.

Mickey gave them another chance this year and I don't think he will make the same mistake this year. No matter what kind of fella mc nulty is he should be brought in to as he is something different and he picks the same guys to rely on this year will be madness.

maximus

Quote from: redhandefender on September 13, 2016, 08:33:35 AM
would love  to find my post from start of last year. Brennan was the best hope we had then both from play and frees. The other 3 amigos had there shots and continually blew it when push came to shove.

"Mickey gave them another chance this year and I don't think he will make the same mistake this year. No matter what kind of fella mc nulty is he should be brought in to as he is something different and he picks the same guys to rely on this year will be madness.

Both had had countless chances to take the bull by the horn and nail down their places. Unfortunately I don't see options to replace them both. Mc caliskey goes from the sublime to the truly awful and mc curry cracks under pressure. Brennan is ready to go now and should get a big run in the league then decide if hes ready for championship heat or not!"

Time will tell! Good shout a year ago

Dire Ear

Don't think Cassidy wants McNulty to play for the county, he doesn't want any Clonoe men to, AFAIK

winghalfback

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 13, 2016, 09:49:25 AM
Don't think Cassidy wants McNulty to play for the county, he doesn't want any Clonoe men to, AFAIK

Who says Cassidy will be with Clonoe next year?

ose 14

cassidy like mickey be there if the moneys right.

southtyronegael

i see monaghan have extended malachy o rourkes contract for 3 yrs. that rules him out for the tyrone job for the foreseeable. mattie mc gleenan has scotstown back in county final for fourth consecutive year. anyone think hed be a good man for tyrone hotseat?

winghalfback

Quote from: ose 14 on September 13, 2016, 07:21:28 PM
cassidy like mickey be there if the moneys right.

Don't know he may be in line for mickeys job but unless Clonoe go on an extended run through Ulster I don't see him being there this will be his 6th season a new voice might be needed

Il Bomber Destro

How does today's game offer hindsight on this year's campaign?

I feel we left a golden opportunity behind this year but I think it goes to show you that margin are very slim and slight improvements can get us there.

In hiding

Aye galway and fermanagh think that too

BennyHarp

Quote from: In hiding on September 18, 2016, 10:29:20 PM

Why would Galway think it? They were comprehensively beaten by Tipperary.
That was never a square ball!!

In hiding

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2016, 11:45:45 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 18, 2016, 10:29:20 PM

Why would Galway think it? They were comprehensively beaten by Tipperary.
They actually beat mayo. Mayo today were very much improved on anything they produced all year. Bomber makes me a little bit ill every time I read one of his posts

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 18, 2016, 10:06:04 PM
How does today's game offer hindsight on this year's campaign?

I feel we left a golden opportunity behind this year but I think it goes to show you that margin are very slim and slight improvements can get us there.

From a Tyrone perspective, what I took from the game yesterday is that v Mayo, with big Sean off the field, we didn't have a forward with the cojones of Cillian O'Connor to stand up and get that vital score at the end of the game. Now I'm not O'Connors biggest fan - I think he has his limitations, particularly speed - but he has a tendency to stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed most and you could tell when he got the ball yesterday that he had only one thing on his mind, and that was to score the equalizer and no way was he going to pass the buck.

Unfortunately the likes of McAliskey, O'Neill, McCurry have yet to prove they can do similar for us. Bear in mind that O'Connor was a minor in 2010 so is the same age as O'Neill and a year younger than Skeet.

The Trap

Over the last few years Mayo have consistently been one of the top challengers for Sam and been able to put it up to all the other top counties in championship football. The only serious contenders for Sam since 2011 have been Dublin, Kerry, Donegal and Mayo. Tyrone have been nowhere near it, and are nowhere near it...........

LeoMc

Right, who has made enough of an an impact in the Championship that they should be considered for an extended run in the league?
From the games I have seen
Danny McNulty
Declan McClure
Ruairi Sludden
Danny Gorman
Lee Brennan
Jonny Munroe
I am not adding Mark Bradley to the list as I think he should be held back to the dry ground.