Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helpline

No hard to Mickey we all know what he achieved, however I think the county set-up and the style of play has become stagnate and a freshening up is now overdue.Sure he could return in the future as often happens..
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Up The Middle

Quote from: Helpline on September 07, 2016, 09:56:04 AM
No hard to Mickey we all know what he achieved, however I think the county set-up and the style of play has become stagnate and a freshening up is now overdue.Sure he could return in the future as often happens..

He still has a year left, what is the rush to reappoint. If he has a good year next year then keep him, if they take a step back then re evaluate the whole setup.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

longballin

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on September 07, 2016, 09:38:08 AM
Would the players have been consulted in this decision? I would guess not as any noises made in the media from the players over the past year or two have been nothing but positive about Harte and the current set up so I'd find it hard to believe they would be against extending his current deal.

I think the arrogance of the county board in relation to Mickey over the past year or two is ridiculous. If he stepped down, who do they think could step up to take up reigns? Peter Canavan? Raymond Munroe? Should we appoint Malachy O'Rourke and get involved in the local GAA managerial merry-go-round?

I think the general bemusement expressed on social media from the rest of the country illustrates how bizarre this situation it.
[/b]

People in Tyrone are bored with it... same ole...

Fuzzman

Does anyone on here know any of the players well? Do any of them know  what the mood is with Mickey?
I get the feeling they are happy enough with him though I wonder how many are not totally happy with their style of play? I really don't know.

There is no doubt the man has achieved so much and we need to treat him well, especially being sensitive to his personal life and how being the Tyrone manager has probably helped him hugely dealing with the Michaela thing.
He has rebuilt this team to being back in the top 3 or 4 teams in Ireland, many would say, but with the way the draw fell, this was the year to make it to the final as the next few years could be a lot more difficult.

To most people it's certainly a big snub and it shows that a lot of people aren't happy with him remaining on and so they want to wait and see but most managers would think OK the message is clear here so I shouldn't push it any more and retire amicably. Mickey is not that sort of man from what I can make out and he won't walk away without a struggle.
I would imagine Fergal Logan would be the next man in the hot seat but I can't see Canavan being in any rush to walk away from Sky.

I know a lot on here don't want to speak out against Mickey but I'm curious what are the main reasons for not wanting him to stay on? Is it they don't feel he is improving us or can't lead us to Sam again or is it that they are not happy with how he has the team playing?

LeoMc

We will get a new manager who will
a. get rid of the blanket defence and go man to man
b. put in a big target man and play the long ball in
c. give everyone a chance to play
d. develop a consistent team
e.ensure there are no media bans
f. give all clubs access to their players
g. never interfere in club fixtures
h. win the all-ireland

Onthe40

Im not sure what all the furore is about....he will be in the hotseat until the end of 2017, at least. What happens if tyrone get relegated next year again and bow out of the championship early, will people be so keen to see him stay on into 2018 unchallenged, then?
He was given his original renewed contract and in my view the board is acting how they should with such a high profile job. Another good year in 2017 and im sure he will get his extension.

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on September 07, 2016, 09:27:01 AM
Reliably told Club Tyrone threatened to pull their funding if he wasn't ratified last time. Don't worry the blanket is here to stay...

What a load of rubbish, its not "their" money, all money is the County Boards responsibility.

Firstly, I think Mickey is the only man for the job but why does he need to start this rubbish now and in the media. Surely any position has to be reviewed and he should wait until the end of the year if he is so confident in this team.

Secondly all this chat about a contract. Its an amateur sport so how can there be any legally binding contract?? Give him 10 years and tell him to slide on at the end of the year if we need. Not like hes going to be out on the bread line. Its football not a career!

longballin

Quote from: redhandefender on September 07, 2016, 11:14:54 AM
Reliably told Club Tyrone threatened to pull their funding if he wasn't ratified last time. Don't worry the blanket is here to stay...

What a load of rubbish, its not "their" money, all money is the County Boards responsibility.

Firstly, I think Mickey is the only man for the job but why does he need to start this rubbish now and in the media. Surely any position has to be reviewed and he should wait until the end of the year if he is so confident in this team.

Secondly all this chat about a contract. Its an amateur sport so how can there be any legally binding contract?? Give him 10 years and tell him to slide on at the end of the year if we need. Not like hes going to be out on the bread line. Its football not a career!

Who is the monkey and who is the organ grinder?  ::)

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on September 07, 2016, 11:16:48 AM

Alright Mulder, the alluminatti are transpiring to keep Mickey in the hotseat. Wise up would ye. He isn't the most popular figure with anyone up there. He is still the best option we have

longballin

Quote from: redhandefender on September 07, 2016, 11:32:26 AM

Alright Mulder, the alluminatti are transpiring to keep Mickey in the hotseat. Wise up would ye. He isn't the most popular figure with anyone up there. He is still the best option we have

Mulder?

LeoMc

It may well be that he needs that extension to let players know that his show is the only show in town. Taking a year out and waiting on the new manager is not an option.

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on September 07, 2016, 12:04:09 PM

Mulder?

X-files, conspiracy theories, computer jockeys like you

longballin

Quote from: redhandefender on September 07, 2016, 12:11:28 PM

Mulder?

Oh very clever... getting personal. Hows things bout Errigal since yis got dumped out of the championship.. Mickeys minnion

Helpline

The past eight years of low or at the very most moderate success, Tyrone cant just sit back and be thankful the good days,.. need to take a punt on something new and push on just like we did 2002/2003.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on September 07, 2016, 12:21:48 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 07, 2016, 12:11:28 PM

Mulder?

Oh very clever... getting personal. Hows things bout Errigal since yis got dumped out of the championship.. Mickeys minnion

I'm not from Errigal but I was at the match, no doubt you were sitting watching babestation playing donkey kong!

Can see both sides here why he asked and why they refused but stupidity like blaming club Tyrone helps nobody.