Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Oh sweet jaysus.
It's so hard to bring up any sort of rational discussion on here without it being hijacked by complete eejits with an alternative agenda.

I am happy with Mickey Harte as our manager and delighted with how he has brought another young team through to win an Ulster title.
Yes I have some issues but I hate it that so many sensible lads say nothing and so the feckin eejits come on and jump on the band wagon.

Maybe I just miss the way we used to play ball and how entertaining it used to be.
I blame my wedding gate crasher Jim McGuinness and how he has changed GAA forever!!!

southtyronegael

all but one of those teams had p canavan on them. easy job.

southtyronegael

agenda? the only agenda i have is the well being of our great county and its teams. m harte is only out for himself as most of the real fans know.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 04, 2016, 12:49:08 AM
all but one of those teams had p canavan on them. easy job.

What position did the 27 year old P Canavan play on Mickey's minor winning team or the 29/30 year old P Canavan on the U21 winning teams?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

i was referring to senior all ireland winning teams. course his u 18, u 21 teams only had mugsy, oneill, jordan, mcguigan, gormley.........

raglan road

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 03, 2016, 08:12:12 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 03, 2016, 12:24:11 PM
Club football is the same at the minute. Very Very poor games to watch

I have been to mayb 10/12 club league games this year, can't mind 1 that was entertaining
. I am just back from a double header in Carrickmore and I can say with hand on heart that there are some players on the Tyrone panel who would nt make it on to the Waterford football panel . The likes of McNulty should be hammering a Moortown team missing some great players. He does what he does with Tyrone ;carry the ball into a tackle and hand her over .Thankfully Killyckogher made it worth the £5 admission ! Could someone enlighten me as to where is Moortowns minor captain ; if it's true what a loughshore guy told me then I wouldn't want Paul Devlin taking my lads for minors ! Errigal are a team in transition with a lot of u21s; this will help them in the long term .Night night everyone ! Have to get up to wash my Rahillys t shirt !
The Moortown Minor Captain was in for a minor operation this week and is recuperating at home. Wouldn't listen to all I hear.

Fuzzman

Interesting read from Tomás O'Sé about how hard it is to retire. I hope Sean C gives it another 1 or maybe even 2 years. He seemed to be enjoying his football again up until the Mayo game and I think we're well capable of winning Ulster again. Does anyone on here know him well? He seemed to take the Mayo defeat and sending off very badly.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/toms-s-walking-away-from-intercounty-football-leaves-a-hole-youll-never-fill-believe-me-ive-tried-35017695.html

bigpackiechestout

Conall McCann was unreal for Killyclogher on Saturday. It can sometimes take lads a couple of years on the county panel until they properly settle in and 2017 will be his third year so i wonder if he could make a big impression next year. Skill and talent is hanging out of him and if he could bulk up a bit over the winter i think he could be a serious option for us. Killyclogher also deploy him at full forward sometimes and his height, aerial ability and accuracy in there could definitely be an asset to us. As i said though he could do with bulking up a bit for the county game.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 03, 2016, 10:28:34 PM
get rid of micky harte and free tyrone football from his shackles. we have the talent in the county now lets get them playing and winning all irelands again.

Don't feed the troll.

Fuzzman

Over the weekend I read a post on a Kerry v Dublin thread where posters were discussing Kerry's style of football now and their manager. Here is a extract of what was being said.

Over several decades Kerry have encountered different styles that they weren't ready for and were beaten. Down in the '60s is a good example. But they went away licked their wound and came back with Kerry football that brought victory over any style. Armagh and Tyrone beat them with a style that they weren't ready for in the noughties. Then Kerry management reacted by taking on board a lot of the Ulster tactics and this did bring success.

Eamonn was part of the that team so in his formative years he was exposed to that type of football. His teams now have that stamp. It now seems that whoever manages Kerry will come from that background.

So it appears that native Kerry DNA propagated by Mick O'Dwyer has been contaminated. With the demise of Ulster teams in recent years Kerry have not gone back to being Kerry. If they did there would be no long periods without a score. No forward could possibly have a role that is more important than scoring.

The Trap

Fuzzman - did you see Sean playing for Moy yesterday? Having said that what county players have stood out in the club championship????? The Killyclogher, Trillick and Dromore boys.........you would expect a lot more from them but most seem to only care about the county jersey which is sad really.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: The Trap on September 05, 2016, 02:00:12 PM
Fuzzman - did you see Sean playing for Moy yesterday? Having said that what county players have stood out in the club championship????? The Killyclogher, Trillick and Dromore boys.........you would expect a lot more from them but most seem to only care about the county jersey which is sad really.
To be brutally honest if you took the 2 cavanaghs off the Moy team they'd be anchored at the bottom of the junior division . Sad but true !

blewuporstuffed

The two mccanns and mark bradley where all every good for killyclogher.
Lee Brennan was good for trillick, and even though he was injured and didnt start, matty was good when he came on.

I was impressed with Ryan McKenna for Eglish too, 4 from play from WHB. Did he walk away from the county of his own choosing or what was the story?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 05, 2016, 02:46:19 PM
To be brutally honest if you took the 2 cavanaghs off the Moy team they'd be anchored at the bottom of the junior division . Sad but true !

They played four starred games this year without the Cavanagh's. Drew with Dungannon and Derrylaughen. Lost by a point to Moortown and Donaghmore. Not really results you'd be expecting from a team anchored at the bottom of junior.

skeog

Sean will not be retiring why would he imo he has always looked after himself good for another couple of years.