Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 09, 2015, 11:29:40 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 22, 2015, 05:15:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2015, 11:58:56 PM
I still really enjoy going to the games, however, what I notice is a massive drop in crowd atmosphere. Can't remember the last time I heard an aul "Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* Tyrone *clap, clap, clap* or a sneaky "C'mon Tyrone, c'mon Tyrone!"

We've become a more refined bunch ;-)

What did you think of our support yesterday.
I was in 728 upper Hogan and it was pathetic. Only a few of us speckled around and no cheering, chanting or flags.
Were fans expecting to win and waiting for the Kerry game or have people lost interest and don't rate our chances any more. I've only missed the Sligo game this year as was at Galway races but very disappointed all year with our support.

Talking of which, get behind the team now and make your voice heard on my Tyrone positivity thread. Too many of us just sit back and take it all on the chin but don't speak out or discuss what's good about this team. We need to give our side of the story and fright back against the begrudgers.
The reaction on here yesterday after our great win was disgusting for me to read.

Do you not live in Dublin Fuzzman?

It doesn't cost you a pile to get there, nor warrants a full day off work for yourself does it? A bit harsh to be saying it was 'pathetic'.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

I don't think he was criticising people who had to work or genuinely couldn't afford it. His point was more that we were outnumbered by other counties and I'm sure people have work there and Monaghan is a lot smaller to. If we get to the final cost won't be an issue.

Hopefully a lot more supporters come out for Kerry as the team will need all the support they can get with all neutrals and potentially a ref against them.

GlenMan

Quote from: referee on August 09, 2015, 11:57:57 PM
What won't help Tyrone is the negative talk that is being talked on rte (Sunday game pundits) ,and Tyrone management refusing to talk to rte,in the noughties the only negative shit was Jordan lying down when Marsden got sent off ,vT Mc Cann had great game but willl be remembered for getting D Hughes sent off aka D Mone on M Penrose  2013

He didn't get Hughes sent off. Hughes got a black card for his foul on Richard Donnelly. He was already on a yellow so then he received a red card. RTE have spun this fact. The referee was standing right in front of McCann and didn't take any action after McCann fell to the ground.

ziggysego

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 09, 2015, 08:06:45 PM
I don't think he was criticising people who had to work or genuinely couldn't afford it. His point was more that we were outnumbered by other counties and I'm sure people have work there and Monaghan is a lot smaller to. If we get to the final cost won't be an issue.

Hopefully a lot more supporters come out for Kerry as the team will need all the support they can get with all neutrals and potentially a ref against them.

In my case, it's to do with my health. I can't risk getting a bad cold or chest infection, so I'm missing a lot of club and county games in recent years. Going to try and make the semi-final though, weather permitting.
Testing Accessibility

Legoman5

I thinks it's a shame Tyrone won't talk to RTE,obv the players nominated won't be going to the all star awards as they're sponsored or maybe the show is just covered by RTE and will be forced to talk for RTE, shame as I think a few players will be selected this year the way things are going!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Legoman5 on August 11, 2015, 05:19:13 PM
I thinks it's a shame Tyrone won't talk to RTE,obv the players nominated won't be going to the all star awards as they're sponsored or maybe the show is just covered by RTE and will be forced to talk for RTE, shame as I think a few players will be selected this year the way things are going!

Eh? Matches are covered by RTE and they still play. Why would the Opel All Stars be boycotted by Tyrone?
That was never a square ball!!

Gaffer

Hearing Tiernan McCann got 8 week ban!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

GlenMan

The CCCC, RTE and Southern Media are a disgrace. Should be ashamed of themselves. What a joke!

Legoman5

I just thought they Wundt go because there guna have to talk onstage for RTE and isn't this what there all against!
I can't see them collecting there award and walking off the stage and making a scene live on RTE

Fuzzman

Jeepers Norf. Relax would ya.
All I'm saying is Tyrone used to have unbelievable support back in 80s, 90s and 00s. The noise in 95 AI final when they team came out was unreal and the atmosphere in 2005, in the second half of the second Dublin game when they started to come back at us was the best I've ever experienced including HUGE soccer games.

Yes I can appreciate Dublin is a long day away and an expensive one if you bring family but I'm just stating facts. Monaghan, Donegal and Mayo who must be bloody tired and skint coming to Croker with little to show are really out numbering us big time.
Is it all the negavity around us, low expectations, style if play, expense, waiting for Kerry or had our hunger satisfied from 10 years ago?
Yes it's much easier and cheaper for me but also sad that my Dub kids now see us as one of the small guys at their big GAA table.
I've the flag out on our street where Kerry, Mayo and of course Dubs all live in harmony. At least til next Monday.

On the RTE issue.
I have come full circle. I too said Tyrone board need to get back on side with RTE but after thus year and how they treated us I would be delighted if we publically embarrassed them by snubbing them again and again.
This Tyrade on singling us out over others has now very obvious evidence that RTE and other pundits & Journalists called for a ban whilst others walk free.
What my ideal scenario would be
1. We win Sam, let RTE in to the banquet pretending all is cool but then do NO interviews
2. Harte retires at the top with his dignity intact
3. New season, new manager, new start and move on to allow RTE back into the fold after lesson learnt.

As Gordon (from Thomas the tank engine) would say

" O, the indignity"

Fuzzman

Anyone any idea where Tyrone are training today?
PM me.

Soup an Samajiz

Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

longballin

Kerry have named a very strong team as expected. Key to us doing well will be the kick outs will Morgan be able to set up attacks taking into consideration Kerry will be pushing up on our kickouts forcing him to kick long. Kerry are strong around the middle will our lack of height or strength hamper our ability to get the ball and scores. I think this is going to be a very interesting aspect of the game.

getevennotcross

Yeehaaa, Tyrone being out Tyroned by the Kingdom. Whinging hoors them Tyrone. When do the theatrics/acting classes recommence?

GlenMan

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 23, 2015, 05:01:43 PM
Yeehaaa, Tyrone being out Tyroned by the Kingdom. Whinging hoors them Tyrone. When do the theatrics/acting classes recommence?

Why are you not complaining about Kerrys Cynical play? Should have had at least 4 black cards. You dirty hypocrite! You were quick to attack Tyrone last week. Kerry had 13 men behind the ball today.