Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: downjim on July 20, 2018, 09:02:51 AM
Any games worth going to tonight as a neutral??

Ballyholland vs Burren in the minors

downjim

Have the venues and refs been appointed for championship games yet

Ambrose

Quote from: downjim on July 20, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
Have the venues and refs been appointed for championship games yet

You can't live off history and tradition forever

downjim

Thanks, great to see the best venues in the county being used 😊

The Raven

Quote from: Maiden1 on July 18, 2018, 09:23:37 AM
Quote from: Cuan12 on July 18, 2018, 07:23:22 AM
Apologies to all in Annaclone , they were div2 also, but since formation of leagues as we know it very few Div 2 sides get to final and I don't think any have won the SFC, Kilcoo I see are 1/2 favs , short enough for me but there are those who may think it's a great price ,not for me , would like to see new champions but with the back door system now in place the one of shocks can't take place any more, I recall Tecconaught beating all Ireland champions Burren in 1989 , probably the biggest shock in the history of theSFC , unless you know better.I would like to see the knockout system returned , no back doors, means when your beat your OUT
Donal Bell player/coach on both teams.
I think Teconnaught win over Burren was 1982.  Dromara going from reserve league a few years previous to beating Rostrevor (not sure of team) in 1991 senior championship was a fairly big surprise.

Dromara came from East Down Reserve league in 1986 to beat Rostrevor in Senior Championship in 1991 losing to winners Downpatrick 2 weeks after All Ireland Final by 5 points and missed 2 penalties

downjim

And went from strength to strength ever since

Dubh driocht

To be fair to Raven, that was probably the biggest achievement on here from a very small club. And I have very few good memories of Dromara!

Hedgehunter

Quote from: downjim on July 20, 2018, 05:56:58 PM
And went from strength to strength ever since
Why do you insist on being such a c**k jockey all the time? Get over yourself.

Cuan12

Another bad defeat for RGU , hate to see them relegated, need them in div 1 if Down are to improve,

Smurfy123

How do you work that out Cuan12?

downjim

Quote from: Cuan12 on July 20, 2018, 09:54:43 PM
Another bad defeat for RGU , hate to see them relegated, need them in div 1 if Down are to improve,

For the size of the town they have underachieved in the county.

downjim

Bit of a gap delevoping in division 1 between the top 6 and the rest. Anyone from Rostrevor and below could get relegated.
Does 2 or 3 go down this year ??

Hedgehunter

Quote from: downjim on July 21, 2018, 02:33:04 PM
Bit of a gap delevoping in division 1 between the top 6 and the rest. Anyone from Rostrevor and below could get relegated.
Does it even matter.. sure anyone outside of the greater Burren area need not apply.

downjim

Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 21, 2018, 03:11:32 PM
Does it even matter.. sure anyone outside of the greater Burren area need not apply.

You should be out selling lotto tickets

Hedgehunter

Quote from: downjim on July 21, 2018, 03:19:05 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 21, 2018, 03:11:32 PM

You should be out selling lotto tickets

Plenty being sold... Would you like one?? Or is it not in your remit to be supportive of all clubs in Down trying to do their bit to improve.