Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2024, 09:17:51 AM
Quote from: mup on April 29, 2024, 08:41:58 AM22k at Croke Park yesterday. Sure everything is grand. Well done the GAA. Hope ye are proud.

Ostriches.

Would definitely do no harm to move the Leinster games out of CP for a year or two. No Dubs I know would have an issue with this

Louth will give Dublin a game for 45/50 mins. Kildare, what is the craic there? Could be doing with a McGuinness or a Gallagher type manager

Kildare played Dublin in Croke Park twice last year.

In the league Dublin 1-11 Kildare 0-13 and in the Leinster championship Dublin 0-14 Kildare 0-12.  If they were playing Dublin yesterday it probably would be a 15 to 20 point defeat.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thejuice

I honestly think people should stay home for the final. The GAA needs to get the message. And if you hurt their pocket the tend to take notice. Wonder in Jarlath has any ideas or solutions to the Leinster problem.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Make Dublin a Province with 4 County Boards and 4 County teams.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 08:44:22 AMMake Dublin a Province with 4 County Boards and 4 County teams.

I mean that's what the Dublin county board wanted a few years back - to treat Dublin as a separate province.

The GAA just messed it up by giving them more money than any of the other provinces.

armaghniac

Quote from: twohands!!! on Today at 10:17:20 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 08:44:22 AMMake Dublin a Province with 4 County Boards and 4 County teams.

I mean that's what the Dublin county board wanted a few years back - to treat Dublin as a separate province.

The GAA just messed it up by giving them more money than any of the other provinces.

There is too much focus on money. Dublin may well be the place to spend money as missionary work is needed by the GAA, the point is though that money spent on the grassroots should not be allowed distort national competitions at club or county level.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Has the money been going into Dublin equally across all codes and genders?

I assume it has, and if so, why is it that the senior male footballers are the only ones with continued success?

I know the ladies did well, and maybe that has turned them around as before that period they only won one.

But with regards to hurling and Camogie Dublin's last win was in 1984 and they were a brilliant team back in the 60's, but nada since and the senior hurlers haven't been to a final since 61

Are Dublin just producing better footballers as the money isn't making a difference in hurling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

They had an AI in them around 2012 / 2013 but they have dropped off a good bit now hurling wise. I think football just has more clout in dublin. If Con O'Callaghan played hurling for dublin they'd be a much better team for it and you could likely say the same for a few of the footballers.

I don't know about distribution of money but be surprised if it were much different.

Derryman forever

Its not that Dublin are producing better footballers, its just that given their volume of participation in Football they are producing many many more of them
Look to Kerry Galway Tyrone Mayo and Derry.
They have plenty of  footballers equal to or better than many Dublin players.
They simply don't have the numbers to cover for injury and rest.
They don't have the luxury of bringing on a Jack mc Caffrey or  Michael Darragh for the last 20.

Dublin compared to any of the others have the quality players to pick two teams from.
None of the other counties do.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on Today at 12:42:26 PMIts not that Dublin are producing better footballers, its just that given their volume of participation in Football they are producing many many more of them
They don't have the luxury of bringing on a Jack mc Caffrey or  Michael Darragh for the last 20.

Dublin compared to any of the others have the quality players to pick two teams from.

So, is it a numbers game or a money game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:46:37 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on Today at 12:42:26 PMIts not that Dublin are producing better footballers, its just that given their volume of participation in Football they are producing many many more of them

Well both.
If you are given funds to develop the game you can coach 20 players for the same amount as 10.
I heard on the RTE podcast that Dublin spent approx 7 million on their seniors last year.
The nearest to this was Cork.
6.2 million I think.
However 40 percent of Corks was on travelling expenses alone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on Today at 01:03:42 PM

Well both.
If you are given funds to develop the game you can coach 20 players for the same amount as 10.
I heard on the RTE podcast that Dublin spent approx 7 million on their seniors last year.
6.2 million I think.

Ok so why are Dublins hurlers not doing what Limerick are doing with their money and less numbers that Dublin?

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 01:33:47 PM

Well both.
6.2 million I think.

Ok so why are Dublins hurlers not doing what Limerick are doing with their money and less numbers that Dublin?

People make choices.
 :)
choose which sport to play,
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 01:33:47 PM

Well both.
6.2 million I think.

Choices.
Kids choose which sport to play.
Adults choose which sport to support and committees choose where to spend money.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:21:56 PMHas the money been going into Dublin equally across all codes and genders?

I assume it has, and if so, why is it that the senior male footballers are the only ones with continued success?

I know the ladies did well, and maybe that has turned them around as before that period they only won one.

But with regards to hurling and Camogie Dublin's last win was in 1984 and they were a brilliant team back in the 60's, but nada since and the senior hurlers haven't been to a final since 61

Are Dublin just producing better footballers as the money isn't making a difference in hurling

Dublin is stronger in football.There are more footballers than hurlers in Dublin.
The money fell on fertile ground. It was enough to override Kerry.

Limerick is stronger in hurling. The money was enough to buy the expertise in. Cork, Tipp and KK were unable to respond. The timing was right.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on Today at 05:06:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:21:56 PMHas the money been going into Dublin equally across all codes and genders?

Dublin is stronger in football.There are more footballers than hurlers in Dublin.
The money fell on fertile ground. It was enough to override Kerry.

Limerick is stronger in hurling. The money was enough to buy the expertise in. Cork, Tipp and KK were unable to respond. The timing was right.

Dublin have money and a playing hurling population 3rd to Cork and Tipp

So it's either a numbers game poor coaching no money or football is a gift to play