Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

Some interesting quarter finals this weekend.

The matches will be tight and with the weather to be dry and sunny there is no excuse for poor football.

I'm backing Portlaoise, Port, Dempseys and Ballylinan to come through.

SCFC

Quote from: portlaoisekid on September 11, 2019, 09:04:42 AM
Some interesting quarter finals this weekend.

The matches will be tight and with the weather to be dry and sunny there is no excuse for poor football.

I'm backing Portlaoise, Port, Dempseys and Ballylinan to come through.
I'd be inclined to pick the same 4 winners.
I think Portlaoise and O'Dempseys will win comfortably. I think the other two will be very close. Be great to see Killeshin or Ballyfin get to a semi final.

Neutralobserver

portlaoise, o dempseys definates, port/graigue hard to call - port by a few, killeshin by a few also

Silkyskillssunshinee

Think Graigue might be that bit cuter than a very young Port team. Killeshin and Ballylinan is very difficult to call. I'd imagine Attride will take up Walsh, and Attride did well on him last year as well. Be interesting to see what Bolger, Lowry and Deering bring to the Killeshin set-up. They could be the boost they need to get through.

Portlaoise will hammer St Joseph's. Don't think O'Dempsey's will hammer Ballyfin, but they'll still beat then comfortably enough in the end I'd say.

Blow-in

Don Draper

SCFC

Quote from: Batman!!! on September 13, 2019, 11:19:09 PM
Good riddance to Crettyard.
Good club. They'll be back. Don't go around stealing other clubs players either so sorry to see them slip down.

town1980

portlaoise to win
killishin to win
o dempseys to win
portarlinton to win

Rusty

Cretty are a good club, age and numbers are against them thou. Silver lining of relegation is potential to win intermediate and get a run out in Leinster. I think its better to go down and win something rather then stick around the relegation for years.

steven seagal

Crettyard coming back up will depend on keeping O'Carroll. His body language doesn't hint at a fella who is happy playing there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him transferring up to Dublin over the winter.

Countyminor

Incredible first half from Joseph's. To manage 2 whole points in 30 minutes is some going. Love their attacking, free flowing football.

Saint 1963

You're dead right Countyminor. They should have gone all out and got their backsides handed to them like last year!

les Antiques

Portlaoise nowhere near like the team they were . Possibly there for the taking this year . Graigue or Port will fancy there chances . Delighted for Ballyfin,  thoroughly deserved win . Had there homework done on OD s .

Laois Rising

Killeshin and Ballyfin will be thrilled to have drawn one another for the semi-final. Both sides forward lines have been impressive so far in the championship. While Killeshin will go into the game as favourites, Ballyfin will certainly not fear them. Will take huge confidence from withstanding an O'Dempsey's fightback in second half.

As for Crettyard. If Evan O Carroll did decide to jump ship and play for a Dublin club they could struggle to stay afloat in the intermediate championship. Most of the team is nearer to 40 than 30 at this stage.     

Silkyskillssunshinee

Killeshin v Ballyfin could be a cracker. I think Killeshin will come through though, the three lads that came back from America certainly added something to them against Ballylinan.

As you said above, Portlaoise are very much there for the taking. Winner of Graigue and Port could potentially win it out.