Good things that might come out from the pandemic

Started by ONeill, August 08, 2020, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on August 09, 2020, 07:33:22 PM
Armagh streamed many games globslly for the last 5 or 6 years.
Obviously I couldn't give a shítye about what happens in Armagh GAA but my home town club in Monaghan has begun streaming games globslly.

Orior

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2020, 08:04:18 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 09, 2020, 07:33:22 PM
Armagh streamed many games globslly for the last 5 or 6 years.
Obviously I couldn't give a shítye about what happens in Armagh GAA but my home town club in Monaghan has begun streaming games globslly.

Obsviouslly.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2020, 05:49:03 PM
County championship games going global, being streamed live via WWW.

Cut and thrust of knock out championship football

Rossfan

I think you'll find there have been knock out games in Championships since the 1880s.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2020, 09:20:30 AM
Quote from: delgany on August 09, 2020, 08:16:05 AM
Return of  a weekly shop and buying  of the local butcher etc.

We've always used the local butcher for certain things over the years but since lockdown we've never bought our meat from the big shops.

The butchers wife is a sliming world rep, a lot of stuff he prepares is based on her ideas, he also delivers, which is great, his BBQ selection is hard to beat (value wise) and he prepares various fish fillets, marinated in various flavours.

You pay a little extra but it's easier
Is the butcher's dog slim too ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

More cycling infrastructure and more people on bikes. More outdoor dining. Less space in cities given over to cars.

balladmaker

No more buying coffee or sandwiches out of expensive eateries, saving a small fortune each month due to not partaking.

BennyCake

I started growing my own fruit and veg again during lockdown, and I've realised how much time and effort it takes from sowing to the plate. I appreciate food more now having grown some of it myself.

We buy too much food and throw away too much food, and it doesn't cost us a thought because we don't grow it. And that is shameful.

Don Johnson

Not having people sit close to you in the cinema.

Mario

A fairly obvious one, but working from home will be more widely accepted and i imagine most companies (in financial services/IT anyway) will allow staff a few days a week wfh when we return to normal. Saving many hours commuting to Dublin/Belfast/Cork.

Rossfan

No rugby although that might not last much longer.
Speeding up the break up of the "UK".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

The Ryder Cup returning to odd years

The wrong following September 11th has finally been put right

gawa316

Masks help cover up the old double chin...and er learn to make homemade pizza!

Farrandeelin

Trump losing the American presidential election perhaps. His utter stupidity is being exposed. If he is re-elected then I truly despair for America.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2020, 07:25:32 AM
Trump losing the American presidential election perhaps. His utter stupidity is being exposed. If he is re-elected then I truly despair for America.

+1. They were talking on the radio this morning about how "only" 30% of Americans believe what Trump is saying about Covid. Which made me wonder "WTF is wrong with 30% of the people?"