Tyrone v Cork in Croke Park Sat 20th July 5pm

Started by Fuzzman, July 15, 2019, 03:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Cork absolutely have the potential to upset Tyrone tomorrow night.

Will they? I'm not sure. Few interesting battles ahead, McNamee v Hurley will be worth a watch.

RedHand88

Quote from: tyroneman on July 19, 2019, 09:10:01 AM
Hmm...bad feeling about this....never like playing Cork and memories of 2009 keep rattling round in my head.

Everything went wrong that day. Everything. Unlikely to happen again.

Dinny Breen

If there's one team built to bottle up Cork's attack, and that's all they have, it's Tyrone.

This could be embarrassing for Cork.
#newbridgeornowhere

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 19, 2019, 09:50:47 AM

Will they? I'm not sure. Few interesting battles ahead, McNamee v Hurley will be worth a watch.

Cavanagh sweeping in front will ensure that McNamee doesn't get into many 1 to 1 battles with Hurley

Fuzzman

Anyone coming down on the train, a few of us are meeting in Clearys pub, under the railway bridge near Connolly station before and after the game. Back bar.

Big win for Cork U20s the other evening. We meet them in the semi next.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on July 19, 2019, 12:53:56 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 19, 2019, 09:50:47 AM

Cavanagh sweeping in front will ensure that McNamee doesn't get into many 1 to 1 battles with Hurley

The one time Cavanagh was caught out of position against the Rossies in the last few mins they launched one long ball in and they nearly got the goal from it. If Cork catch Cavanagh and they are smart enough to launch it, there is joy there.

Fuzzman

Talking of long balls in over the top, Morgan needs to settle the head sometimes about coming off his line.
Yes there's been a good few times he's done very well and came out and caught it clean in front of the full back or full forward but other times he should know he's not gonna get to it first and should stay on his line.
His confidence is high at the moment I think as he's played well this year despite missing the odd far out free.

I have bad memories of us really struggling with our kick-outs v Cork in 2009. I've a feeling they've decided to let other teams get it short and so not to risk the long kick over the top with CC out of position.

under the bar

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2019, 02:35:11 PM
Anyone coming down on the train, a few of us are meeting in Clearys pub, under the railway bridge near Connolly station before and after the game. Back bar.

Is that Clearys where they don't even bother washing the pint gasses properly if at all? No thanks :-X

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: under the bar on July 19, 2019, 11:21:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2019, 02:35:11 PM

Is that Clearys where they don't even bother washing the pint gasses properly if at all? No thanks :-X

Have you been there in the last 10 years? :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

kerryforsam19

Would fear for Cork today. Tyrone could win this by 15-20 points in first gear.

Captain Obvious

Tyrone caught napping early on here but unlikely to panic.

From the Bunker

Big turnout in Croker! I'd say the atmosphere is magic!

clarshack

clarshack

Game over already. There's more goals in this cork team unfortunately.

Aaron Boone