Meath vs Mayo, Croke Park 21/7/19

Started by thejuice, July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 19, 2019, 09:06:43 PM
Mayo team named. three changes with Eoin O'Donoghue, Seamus O'Shea and Ciaran Treacy are in and Chris Barrett, Kevin McLoughlin & James Carr are out

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
7. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
8. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
9. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy(C)
12. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites
13. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

Hennelly has to come in imo
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

macdanger2

Great to see EOD in. Doc can probably consider himself lucky not to get dropped

Farrandeelin

Vaughan and AOS to swap throughout the game?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MayoBuck

Looks like Coen to mark Mickey Newman? I assume Vaughan will go to wing back, Aidan to mf and Higgins at 11 like 2nd half last weekend.

thejuice

Meath (Super 8s v Mayo):

Andrew Colgan;

Seamus Lavin, Conor McGill, Shane Gallagher;
Donal Keogan, Padraic Harnan, Gavin McCoy;

Bryan Menton, Shane McEntee;

Ethan Devine, Bryan McMahon, James McEntee;
Cillian O'Sullivan, Michael Newman, James Conlon
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Much of the analysis in the media has been very much Mayo focused. I understand why but funny to be in the middle of it. No one seems to be asking "how can Meath win this game" or "how will Meath set up to attack Mayo".  I don't particularly mind to be honest and it's not like I feel we need to be the centre of attention but it's strange to see all the same. Kerry and Donegal is getting the lions share of coverage anyway.

Judging by our selection we'll do the same as before with a mix of running from Menton, McEntee, O'Sullivan Keoghan, Harnan mixed with long ball into Newman with Conlon and runners in support.

My biggest worry is midfield, our kickouts are not of the required quality and also our fitness in the last ten minutes is also a concern against div 1 teams
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

larryin89

Mood in Mayo has changed dramatically, support for the second game running will be outnumbered by opposition supporters . People fall off the bandwagon as quick as they jumped on . It's a strange feeling watching them die a death , they are so wrecked you'd throw in the towel if it were boxing . This week is bad what is two weeks time going to be like in a dead rubber v Donegal , good jc it will be unbearable.

Meath to win by five points . Mayo 2012-17 team finally confirmed dead , what a ride it's been though .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mrhardyannual

Can anyone confirm that Tom Parsons lined out for Charlestown in the past week? If true it's close to a miracle.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 20, 2019, 09:13:46 PM
Can anyone confirm that Tom Parsons lined out for Charlestown in the past week? If true it's close to a miracle.

I doubt it. It would have been all over the papers and media.

Mayo4Sam14

I doubt that, there's a team picture here. Now that begs the question of why he wasn't there, one reason could be he's busy targeting a return. Also a better sign that he didn't play. I wouldn't imagine he would play if he was in line for a county match a few days later.

https://twitter.com/charlestowngaa/status/1151229960662728704?s=21
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Meath to give Mayo their fill of it, but Mayo to grind it out in the end. If they do that, it could set up a huge game against Donegal in Castlebar providing Kerry beat Donegal tomorrow.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 20, 2019, 10:47:25 PM

I doubt it. It would have been all over the papers and media.

Hearing that he may be close to a return. Hard to imagine. That would be something!
Diarmuid O Connor close too to getting back.
Anyway tires pumped and ready to go in the morning. Looking forward to it.

MayoBuck

David Brady said on Off the ball earlier that Diarmuid O'Connor will be among the subs tomorrow. He was in a cast last Sunday in Killarney so hard to believe.

rosnarun

Quote from: larryin89 on July 20, 2019, 11:31:56 AM
Mood in Mayo has changed dramatically, support for the second game running will be outnumbered by opposition supporters . People fall off the bandwagon as quick as they jumped on . It's a strange feeling watching them die a death , they are so wrecked you'd throw in the towel if it were boxing . This week is bad what is two weeks time going to be like in a dead rubber v Donegal , good jc it will be unbearable.

Meath to win by five points . Mayo 2012-17 team finally confirmed dead , what a ride it's been though .
so as you chastise  the non believers you pronounce mayo death in the days before a huge game on the basis of one game .
with 'Fans' like that who needs enemies
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 20, 2019, 11:54:19 PM
David Brady said on Off the ball earlier that Diarmuid O'Connor will be among the subs tomorrow. He was in a cast last Sunday in Killarney so hard to believe.

I actually met an U-20 player recently who was in a cast a couple of days prior to game and started the match in full health. Wouldn't be surprised if Diarmuid O'Connor was on the bench tomorrow.