Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Leinster win 24-19. Banal stuff.

Declan

QuoteBanal stuff

Brutal not Banal!

Capt Pat

Well at least he got the world cup out of it. I will be glad to have him back at the top of his game for as long as possible. However on the plus side the timing is right to bring somebody else into the outside centre position at national level and maybe more importantly at Leinster where they have the players McFadden, Fitzgerald, macken and Conway who might be good at the position.

muppet

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 07, 2011, 05:27:12 PM
Well at least he got the world cup out of it. I will be glad to have him back at the top of his game for as long as possible. However on the plus side the timing is right to bring somebody else into the outside centre position at national level and maybe more importantly at Leinster where they have the players McFadden, Fitzgerald, macken and Conway who might be good at the position.

O'Malley?
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2011, 05:27:59 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 07, 2011, 05:27:12 PM

O'Malley?

I suppose so but he is certainly no ODriscoll. I wonder if O Malley might be better at inside centre.

From the Bunker

Was wondering if this injury is a by-product of the spear tackle some years ago from them NZ tramps?

Capt Pat

Watching Munster tonight Archer at tight head has been good enough and Zebon on the wing has the athleticism to make an impact and has looked like breaking away from the pack at times tonight.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 26, 2011, 10:03:09 PM
Watching Munster tonight Archer at tight head has been good enough and Zebon on the wing has the athleticism to make an impact and has looked like breaking away from the pack at times tonight.

is the magners league a bit of a joke ? they all had to play without their World cup players, then they had the H Cup, now they play players that no one ever heard of !! When does this comp become serious ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Capt Pat

In about 10 years. It is still a relatively new competition but is becoming more competitive.

Some of the so called unknowns were quite impressive tonight.

seafoid

Trouble down 't pit

Sir, – It is over. I have to say goodbye. No more will I admire Paul O'Connell flying through the air to secure the ball. No more shouting at Doug Howlett or Keith as they race up the pitch to score. No more will I see Peter Stringer hand-tapping a larger player or Sean O Brien once more crossing the gain line. It is sad. I feel like shedding a tear.
My TV will be silent in future mainly because the highlights will be shown on TG4 instead of RTÉ 2. I have tried everything, including turning off the commentary in Irish which grates on the nerves and spoils our enjoyment of the game. Sky Sports is very expensive.
After 45 years of watching the game and five years playing, I cannot watch rugby any more. Instead I will have to take up push penny, knitting or tiddlywinks as a hobby. Goodbye lads, I will miss you, but I wish you all the best in the Heineken Cup. I will be with you in spirit, if not in person. I thank you for many hours of enjoyment before this catastrophe befell us. Thank you very much TG4. – Yours, etc,
JOHN GLYNN,
Orwell Park,
Dublin 14.

cicfada

What  an idiot!!  Giving up watching rugby because  he can't understand the Irish on the TG4 coverage! Good luck to you too pal!! I am sure rugby misses your loyalty down the years!!

drici

Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2011, 10:45:46 PM
Trouble down 't pit

Sir, – It is over. I have to say goodbye. No more will I admire Paul O'Connell flying through the air to secure the ball. No more shouting at Doug Howlett or Keith as they race up the pitch to score. No more will I see Peter Stringer hand-tapping a larger player or Sean O Brien once more crossing the gain line. It is sad. I feel like shedding a tear.
My TV will be silent in future mainly because the highlights will be shown on TG4 instead of RTÉ 2. I have tried everything, including turning off the commentary in Irish which grates on the nerves and spoils our enjoyment of the game. Sky Sports is very expensive.
After 45 years of watching the game and five years playing, I cannot watch rugby any more. Instead I will have to take up push penny, knitting or tiddlywinks as a hobby. Goodbye lads, I will miss you, but I wish you all the best in the Heineken Cup. I will be with you in spirit, if not in person. I thank you for many hours of enjoyment before this catastrophe befell us. Thank you very much TG4. – Yours, etc,
JOHN GLYNN,
Orwell Park,
Dublin 14.

John Glynn is a middle-aged, unhealthy character, based loosely on Orwell's own frail body, an underling of the ruling oligarchy, The Party. The Party has taken early 20th century totalitarianism to new depths, with each person subjected to 24 hour surveillance, where people's very thoughts are controlled to ensure purity of the oligarchical system in place. Figurehead of the system is the omnipresent and omnipotent Big Brother.

Hoof Hearted

Ospreys v Munster is live on RTE next Sat evening, you might want to re think your position
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

thejuice

Always thought it was Múnha not Cúige Mumhan, but there you go. TG4 know more than I do.

Was at the Barbarians Vs Australia game. Pure shite but a good day drinking
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016