The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Time to horse Italy out of the 6 nation.

Add nothing but massive points score to the teams they play.

Embarrassing v Wales so far!

Estimator

Ireland would've have been going for the maul after that line out, for the second French try. Decent game so far. Much better than the non-contest in Rome.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Best game of tournament so far, hopefully France win to set up cracker in Paris next weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Disappointing end to that. Not sure you could be confident that Itoje got the try.

Capt Pat

I felt it probably was a try but you couldn't tell from looking at the replays.

Tony Baloney

I think it was briefly grounded initially. Would have been delighted to see it not given.

An Watcher

Think Ronan O'Garas analysis is top notch. Not really sure what he is talking about half the time but I don't think the ones in the studio know either. He seems to be a level above due to his playing days and now coaching experience

Estimator

Quote from: Gmac on March 12, 2021, 09:14:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2021, 08:40:25 PM
Scotland will tell us where they are at.

Gordon D'Arcy :

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/gordon-d-arcy-clarity-must-descend-at-murrayfield-on-farrell-s-ireland-project-1.4505598

"It is hard to put a finger on what is wrong with Ireland at the moment. It could be the players, it could be the coaches, it could be a combination of both, but there is a problem that keeps being explained away as under-performance."
who do Ireland have thats world class and can unlock a defense with his speed or power ?
We don't produce huge men to overpower teams and we don't produce world class speed merchants either so we have to play to a system that gets the best out of our pool of players and it's a pretty boring brand of rugby for the most part . We were the best team in the world in 2018 but I think the brand of rugby we were playing was too attritional and the bodies or spirit broke in some players .
Scotland were unbelievable in 80s and  90s but fell away terribly since .
I expect Ireland to win Sunday by 10.
Wouldn't be totally confident of an Irish victory, nevermind one by 10pts. 66 v 66 in previous head-to-head matches between the two. Scotland will be out with a point to prove after the Welsh defeat. And after the amount of beatings Ireland have given them over the last few years.

bennydorano

Reading Peter O'Reilly in the Sunday Times today, came across as incredibly arrogant about Ireland and very dismissive of Scotland- he could of course be proved right today but I thought it was a terrible piece, definite whiff of delusions of grandeur about where Ireland are actually at.

JPGJOHNNYG

Ireland have no hope when they make brain dead decisions like that. Ringrose should never have been kicking that. Keenan has also had an unbelievably awful 10 mins

Estimator

This is horrible. After watching yesterdays game you'd have to wonder how Ireland got so close to France and how Scotland beat England.

Estimator

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 14, 2021, 03:35:25 PM
Ireland have no hope when they make brain dead decisions like that. Ringrose should never have been kicking that. Keenan has also had an unbelievably awful 10 mins
JGPs decision making on the Scottish try line was awful as well.

weareros

Ragged stuff. Looked like they were going to steamroll a ring rusty Scotland, but Scots have turned screw. For now.

Gmac

Jamie heaslip is some dose on co commentary

seafoid

Sexton is the difference compared to the first 2 matches.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU