Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piskin

Quote from: Whishtup on July 16, 2023, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 16, 2023, 06:26:12 PM
You could say the Clifford shoulder which was a turnover ball for Kerry but was a mistaken free for Derry was a momentum changer in the first half. Derry should've taken that goal chance, instead of soccer shit he should've picked her up and buried it.
Bit of a difference, in all fairness. O'briens wasn't anywhere near a free whereas Clifford's shoulder was a meaty one and straddles the dangerous play area. Anyway, wides and poor shooting cost Derry. Kerry very, very lucky there.

Kerry deserved winners at the end. Kerry keeper & defence were calm & strong under pressure. The Ulster ref gave Derry a chance to draw the game in the end but Derry did not capitalize on that luck. Kerry kicked some sweet points to win it.

sam03/05

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 07:06:45 PM
You could say the Clifford shoulder which was a turnover ball for Kerry but was a mistaken free for Derry was a momentum changer in the first half. Derry should've taken that goal chance, instead of soccer shit he should've picked her up and buried it.
Bit of a difference, in all fairness. O'briens wasn't anywhere near a free whereas Clifford's shoulder was a meaty one and straddles the dangerous play area. Anyway, wides and poor shooting cost Derry. Kerry very, very lucky there.

Kerry deserved winners at the end. Kerry keeper & defence were calm & strong under pressure. The Ulster ref gave Derry a chance to draw the game in the end but Derry did not capitalize on that luck. Kerry kicked some sweet points to win it.

Jesus you talk some keek!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I thought Derry had that one in the bag  but Kerry found that extra gear  just as Derry hit the wall. It's a tough one to take home.

An Watcher

Forgot who it was but young sub caught a pass from thr keeper more or less in front of goal.  Should have taken the mark but didn't

Piskin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 07:13:44 PM
Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 07:06:45 PM

Jesus you talk some keek!

No...just facts

rrhf

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Felt Derry bottled it with the couple of wides at crucial times. Felt 2 Kerry tackles should have been straight reds and lead to serious looking injuries, really enjoyed the battle between the full forwards and their men.. mc Faul brought sosmething they really didn't have last year and I feel Derry still need at least another player or 2 to be serious contenders so meenagh and Co will have a busy winter looking for another mc faul for next year...

Blowitupref

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 06:54:55 PM
Kerry's defensive play has improved massively the last few years

Last year their defensive improvement is what basically won them the AI last year.  Tyrone in the Quarter final was their best defensive performance this year. Today 1st half was not great defensively or 2nd half when Derry created a couple of goal chances and Kerry will have to improve on today's defensive performance in order to beat Dublin.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on July 16, 2023, 07:21:07 PM
Forgot who it was but young sub caught a pass from thr keeper more or less in front of goal.  Should have taken the mark but didn't

Yes, it was a real arm in the air moment! He completely was caught for composure.

chrissears

Great game, two teams who went at it, I really enjoyed it.
I saw Derry in the semi-final last year and thought they were awful, their manager has done a fantastic job, they were great to watch today but if they had more self-belief the result could have been different.
Derry will surely regret the chances they missed, they went for goal, when a simple tap over was the best option, but its easy for me in my living room.
Well played both teams and thank you a great afternoons entertainment.

Rossfan

One hell of a game.
Derry blew it with those wides when 1-14 to 1-12 up.
The team with the best 20 players won.
Dublin Joe's watch must have stopped in added time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

passedit

Nothing about the systematic targeting of Mc Guigan? Also soft yellow for Mc Caigue and Kerry full back gets a tick after fouling all day? Mc Quillan is a firms man. Looked bad for Mc Kinless at the end. Stonewall red for O Shea, not even booked.
Don't Panic

Piskin

Derry could not handle the pressure & intensity basically.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on July 16, 2023, 06:59:15 PM
Derry just ran out of steam and the shooting form that they had in the first half faded away as the legs got heavy. I Really thought they had Kerry shook in the first half especially Clifford. I think Kerry will come right in the final and win.
In soccer stuff happens between 80 and 90 minutes
In GAA it's more likely between 60 and 70.
Derry need to go home and think again