Cadbury's All-Ireland Under 21 FC 2009

Started by The flame still burns, April 06, 2009, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Was talking to a fella in work that did an £8 accum and was waiting on Down U-21's for about £350  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The GAA

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 07, 2009, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: The GAA on May 07, 2009, 10:22:00 AM

The down u21 defence was possibly the worst defence i've seen get as far as an all ireland final in recent times. their midfield and forward line were very good though.

Good Armagh man getting a sly dig in there!

Just my opinion ONL. how that murney chap is playing senior footbal i do not know.

Armamike

Their full backline was dodgy though - a few of us said that after the Ulster final. They looked too open from what i saw of them against Armagh. As others have said, from midfield onwards they were very impressive.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Dangerous Person

Quote from: The GAA on May 07, 2009, 11:39:44 AM

The down u21 defence was possibly the worst defence i've seen get as far as an all ireland final in recent times. their midfield and forward line were very good though.

Just my opinion ONL. how that murney chap is playing senior footbal i do not know.

Don't think its fair to criticise Colm Murney. Yes he was marking a good player, but there was absolutley no pressure on the ball going in in the first half. Compare this to the second half when he faired much better. He is a good strong defender, who I am sure will get plenty of action for the seniors during the year.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Dangerous Person on May 09, 2009, 05:58:30 PM
Quote from: The GAA on May 07, 2009, 11:39:44 AM

Don't think its fair to criticise Colm Murney. Yes he was marking a good player, but there was absolutley no pressure on the ball going in in the first half. Compare this to the second half when he faired much better. He is a good strong defender, who I am sure will get plenty of action for the seniors during the year.

Well said Dangerous Person.. Murney is obviously being made a scapegoat there.. Its up to the lads out the feild too, to stop the quality ball going in, the man must be put under pressure..

;)
Eagle lord