Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

If he didn't win that court case I suspect he wouldn't have had that much money to show for his career all things considered. Bound to be a factor.

RedHand88

This venue resembles a parish hall.

Rich Ricci

Fairly comprehensive that. Never really looked in it.

Harold Disgracey

Sad way to end a career.

ONeill

Frampton was a good fighter. Never great.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Angelo

That will probably be the end for Frampton.

Herring just way too big and he was hurting Frampton.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Great career. Should retire now as he looked totally done there.

Rich Ricci

He confirmed post fight there that that's it. His victory over Santa Cruz was one of my favourite moments in boxing.

gallsman

Frampton had said before that he'd retire if he lost and for whatever reason I actually believe it. He's done and has been for a while. Herring is a step below the best in the world around 130/135 and took him out pretty handily.

Good on Jamie Moore throwing in the towel btw.

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on April 03, 2021, 10:43:20 PM
That will probably be the end for Frampton.

Herring just way too big and he was hurting Frampton.

His wife is retiring him on twitter anyway.

Angelo

Quote from: gallsman on April 03, 2021, 10:50:19 PM
Frampton had said before that he'd retire if he lost and for whatever reason I actually believe it. He's done and has been for a while. Herring is a step below the best in the world around 130/135 and took him out pretty handily.

Herring is probably as bad a match as their is for Frampton at that weight. He has 8 inches of a reach advantage.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyHarp

For me the Warrington fight was the end of Frampton as a top level fighter. He was outworked that night and hurt too often by a boxer who I'd suggest wouldn't have troubled him too much in his pomp and who wouldn't be known for having heavy hands. He's had a great career and seems a genuinely decent bloke. Best wishes to him in his retirement.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: Angelo on April 03, 2021, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 03, 2021, 10:50:19 PM

Herring is probably as bad a match as their is for Frampton at that weight. He has 8 inches of a reach advantage.

Herring is big for 130 but Frampton is also undeniably small. Imagine what the likes of Tank Davis would do to him.. He has no business there or at 125 any more. He's done. Right decision.

nrico2006

Herring isn't great but Frampton doesn't throw enough and his footwork isn't good enough to get in close to Herring.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Not enough spark or combinations, couldn't get close enough and when Carl tried, was caught, I said before the fight this was his biggest test, he never was able to get into a pattern that would allow him to take control.

Moving up weights will only bring you up against taller opponents, the he gangly tall ones he faced growing up we're not as strong, Herring had the strength to back up the reach difference.

Felt sorry for him and family down but not surprised but glad he's fit and well to start his new career
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea