Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

That group is being led by Allison Morris of the Irish News. The sad thing is that these people who promote liberalism and  freedom of speech and ecpression are, by virtue of their politician correctness, actually killing it. That's why there are no more good sit coms on TV any more
Careful now

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 01:21:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2018, 01:14:12 PM
You didn't answer how one joins the internet police. Did you go through training or can you just assign yourself the role ;D

Playing for ulster again would cause a lot of problems for ulster rugby. I think they would lose a decent amount of their fanbase. He probably isn't quite good enough for ireland anyway.

No I'd say if you polled the Ulster rugby fans you'd find he'd be wanted by the majority but the treehugging vegans will picket outside the ground!

As for Sid/Syf he's been wrong on soooooo many threads that even he doesn't believe himself!

Not sure i would agree on the ulster rugby thing.

The only thing for sure is whatever decision they make they will be slated for it.

seafoid

You didn't answer how one joins the internet police. Did you go through training or can you just assign yourself the role ;D

Playing for ulster again would cause a lot of problems for ulster rugby. I think they would lose a decent amount of their fanbase. He probably isn't quite good enough for ireland anyway.

No I'd say if you polled the Ulster rugby fans you'd find he'd be wanted by the majority but the treehugging vegans will picket outside the ground!

As for Sid/Syf he's been wrong on soooooo many threads that even he doesn't believe himself!
It depends on what the sponsors think. This is much bigger than Ulster rugby now.
Are Kingspan comfortable with where this is going?
Social media can cause companies to pull out of arragements. Nestle pulled ads from Laura Ingraham's Fox News show after she made disparaging remarks about a gun massacre survivor. It is easy enough to put pressure on companies via the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebTU9HwICLA
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Heard Morris on tv the other night! Bandwagon jumper
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2018, 02:27:22 PM

The only thing for sure is whatever decision they make they will be slated for it.

Know a lot of season ticket holders (not 20,000 of course) at Ravenhill and they'd be more than happy to have him back, considering how they have been playing (bar last nights great win) as for the mainly based women giving off, I'm not seeing it through my social media (though I'm not on twitter) it's generally been positive from rugby people..

though what I have noticed is plenty bandwagon jumpers who have separate agendas in my opinion and looking likes on fb!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2018, 02:33:40 PM

It depends on what the sponsors think. This is much bigger than Ulster rugby now.
Social media can cause companies to pull out of arragements. Nestle pulled ads from Laura Ingraham's Fox News show after she made disparaging remarks about a gun massacre survivor. It is easy enough to put pressure on companies via the net.

It's one of the best ways to enforce direct action against big corporations. In the past the general population had no voice when big organisations made abhorrent decisions. MR2's dearly held dreams are going to be shattered by the very same social media platforms that he detests. I love it.

Milltown Row2

I get that, social media gone mad..

but not being able to play because you had sex with someone and telling someone in a private group message what happened seems harsh, no?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 07, 2018, 02:41:43 PM

It's one of the best ways to enforce direct action against big corporations. In the past the general population had no voice when big organisations made abhorrent decisions. MR2's dearly held dreams are going to be shattered by the very same social media platforms that he detests. I love it.

How's social media going with stopping the wars in Syria and in Gaza ?

imtommygunn

I'm on twitter and my timeline doesn't say too much positive on it but I don't follow too many rugby ones.

To be honest it is hard to know. If he goes back there will be protests and i could see the family element of the crowd being hit. The die hard rugby ones maybe not as much. How the crowd is split i don't know. If he doesn't go back i could also see there being protests too!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 02:36:35 PM

Know a lot of season ticket holders (not 20,000 of course) at Ravenhill and they'd be more than happy to have him back, considering how they have been playing (bar last nights great win) as for the mainly based women giving off, I'm not seeing it through my social media (though I'm not on twitter) it's generally been positive from rugby people..

though what I have noticed is plenty bandwagon jumpers who have separate agendas in my opinion and looking likes on fb!

You are wrong.  While desperation due to a terrible season might cause some to have Jackson back at Ulster any attempt to bring him back would leave a majority of the middle class supporters, who make up the season ticket holders with their young and teenage children, very uncomfortable but more importantly the sponsors will have the last say.  There won't be many handing back season tickets.

Regardless of the verdict finding him not guilty, Jackson is now a toxic brand to be associated with and both Ulster and IRFU will be examining every option to escape from Jackson and Olding with their contracts until June 2019.

Watch as Ulster are compensated by a move to give Joey Carberry regular game time as Sexton's World Cup understudy without losing so much game time at Leinster and playing at full back.  Schmidt will see the opportunity and IRFU will fall in behind him.  Also Ulster are in hoc to IRFU in trying to find a new coach to be approved by Schmidt and paid for by IRFU, so not in much of a position to dictate to IRFU given the weakness of their situation.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2018, 06:59:13 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 06, 2018, 06:05:21 PM
Given the length of the trial and the amount of money that the Jacksons spent on legal costs getting the best they could afford and spending around £500K, it is strange that no one thought it was worthwhile spending a fraction on PR advice from professionals.  Instead they rushed to the press and the whole group came across as belligerent, using their anger to further profess Paddy's innocence and this fed into the protests fuelled by the social media frenzy that built up from the first day of the trial.

Obviously, PR advice now accepted by Jackson has led to the apology in an attempt to give him a base on which to appeal to IRFU and Ulster Rugby.  It will have no affect on those calling for their exclusion but only a small number of men on the IRFU panel will have the final say.

Owen I'd wait till your name has been dragged through the gutter and still, even after it was proved to be not guilty of anything other that a WhatsApp conversation,  that's completely private to that group before saying what you think was the best course of action ...

Who are you to know what my experience of the media has been and to tell me what I need to have experienced before putting my opinion on this Board?  Given you record of posting on this and the other trial thread you have been more than willing to spout nonsense that mirrors Syferus and Waddell and based on no experience at all.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

I get that, social media gone mad..

but not being able to play because you had sex with someone and telling someone in a private group message what happened seems harsh, no?
If you had sex with someone and told someone in a private group message what happened the IRFU wouldn't usually be involved.
Social media mobs can pick off individuals easily enough. Wars are trickier.

I don't know who it was who said when you are explaining you are losing.
Even Brian Cody got to that stage.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2018, 03:09:33 PM
I don't know who it was who said when you are explaining you are losing.

It was said by that great political thinker of our times, Ronald Regan:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/464895-if-you-re-explaining-you-re-losing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 02:58:22 PM

You are wrong.  While desperation due to a terrible season might cause some to have Jackson back at Ulster any attempt to bring him back would leave a majority of the middle class supporters, who make up the season ticket holders with their young and teenage children, very uncomfortable but more importantly the sponsors will have the last say.  There won't be many handing back season tickets.

Regardless of the verdict finding him not guilty, Jackson is now a toxic brand to be associated with and both Ulster and IRFU will be examining every option to escape from Jackson and Olding with their contracts until June 2019.

Watch as Ulster are compensated by a move to give Joey Carberry regular game time as Sexton's World Cup understudy without losing so much game time at Leinster and playing at full back.  Schmidt will see the opportunity and IRFU will fall in behind him.  Also Ulster are in hoc to IRFU in trying to find a new coach to be approved by Schmidt and paid for by IRFU, so not in much of a position to dictate to IRFU given the weakness of their situation.

I'm wrong because season ticket holders that I know (middle class ones with kids) want Paddy back? I can't talk for all of them, I mention that.. keep your pants Owen

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 02:58:22 PM

I'm wrong because season ticket holders that I know (middle class ones with kids) want Paddy back? I can't talk for all of them, I mention that.. keep your pants Owen

Are you actually Paddy Jackson? Because it would explain a lot.

Sweeper 123

What actually do u want Paddy J to do ?

He apologised, was that not the right thing to do given the circumstances - im confused;