weekend breaks in ireland

Started by kinghen, September 09, 2008, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

thinkin bout heading away at the weekend for a wee break, any ides or good deals available, live in down and can only get a half day friday so somewhere not too far away would be ideal, was thinkin maybe heading up to north antrim do the whole giants causeway thing, any suggestions appreciated!!

Our Nail Loney

lurgan-gael

charlie stubbs

you not going park esler sun hen...

Our Nail Loney

kinghen

i'll be back wellin time for park esler!! same seat in the stands too!!!! >:(

Our Nail Loney

You were on the seniors when you were seventeen hem, you'll be back! Especially with the woman keeeping you in shape, you;re from good SINGING pedigree!

Tony Baloney

Heading to the Grand Hotel in Malahide for the weekend with the missus and 3 monsters. Anything decent in that area for kids as I don't fancy dragging them round Dublin city centre - (although the zoo is being tlaked about!)? Where is the best beach etc. in the Fingal area?

Declan

If the weathers decent Malahide Castle and it's grounds are good for a ramble and has a nice playground etc.
Portmarnock is a nice beach but personally I prefer Skerries as there's a bit more variety on the town as regards pubs /restaurants to eat in etc.
Also http://www.fingalcoco.ie/CommunityRecreationandAmenitiesDepartment/Parks/ParksHeritageProperties/NewbridgeDemesneRegionalPark/ is good for the kids and Donabate beach can be OK if you avoid the cars!!!

PS weather forecast isn't great for Fri/Sat though

gerrykeegan

dont know the area that well but Malahide Castle is nice has a very good play ground, Donnabate beach is nice also, there is a place called hurley burleys off the m50 near Finglas like an indoor kidzone, also the National Aquatic Centre is excellent, will be very busy at the weekend. Zoo will be busy but we go all the time
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Iceman

good deals in the new hotel in Enniscrone Co. Sligo.
Close to Ballina, nice beach, great food and great bars for a quiet pint
Seaweed bath if you want it and close enough to Knock if you're into it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Cheers lads. Weather looks rubbish but experience tells us that you plan for rain anyway! I'll hit one of the beaches and Malahide Castle on Sat and maybe the zoo on Sunday as the weather is to be slightly better. Plenty I'd like to do in the city centre but couldn't face hauling those three round the place!

Tony Baloney

Would I drive into the zoo or get the dart?

Canalman

TB, take train to Connolly Station and then the Luas to either Museum stop or Heuston. Zoo is a 10/15 min walk and kids would prob enjoy the Luas.
Personally, would advise you to take kids on a boat trip to the islands off Howth (from Howth harbour). Bring the camera with you.

under the bar

QuoteTB, take train to Connolly Station and then the Luas to either Museum stop or Heuston. Zoo is a 10/15 min walk and kids would prob enjoy the Luas

The price of a the train to Dublin is scandalous.