Elections North and South

Started by Farrandeelin, April 18, 2019, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: Estimator on May 02, 2019, 11:56:22 AM
From my own perspective I think Nationalists, would be more opening to changing their vote to other options.

Do Alliance get much traction in nationalist areas west and south of the Bann?

armaghniac

Quote from: smelmoth on May 02, 2019, 02:24:15 PM
From my own perspective I think Nationalists, would be more opening to changing their vote to other options.

Alliance are largely a greater Belfast party. They wouldn't be known for their agriculture spokespeople, for instance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

smelmoth

Quote from: armaghniac on May 02, 2019, 03:27:09 PM

Alliance are largely a greater Belfast party. They wouldn't be known for their agriculture spokespeople, for instance.

So gen up on lamb prices and clean up in the whest?

Rois

Just walked past NigelDodds outside a polling station - he must be worried!

smelmoth

Quote from: Rois on May 02, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

They were manning the stations down my way as well and didn't look too happy. Which is strange as they are usually such a jovial bunch 😡

Milltown Row2

Not one nationalist party on my list!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Not yet anyway. Middle class areas of belfast are their bread and butter. They have never really broken into the culchie vote.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Rois on May 02, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

He is worried in case the European elections aren't going to be held & he has to listen to Diane all week long.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on May 02, 2019, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 02, 2019, 02:06:01 PM
The 11 new super councils had their boundaries agreed & signed off very carefully indeed.  Most will be controlled in perpetuity by one side, or the other. There won't be any major shocks in terms of either SF or DUP losing control of an entire Council, so there's probably a lot of indifference out there. Belfast is probably the most even split, of any of them.

Yeah they were a complete SF / DUP carve up. Now they won't work with each other at all.
Just another example of these parties delivering for the people.

Isn't it the election commission, an independent body, which determines the make-up of councils???

RedHand88

Turnout in working class unionist areas seems to be very very low. Some areas as low as 30% at 9pm.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2019, 10:16:41 PM
Turnout in working class unionist areas seems to be very very low. Some areas as low as 30% at 9pm.

Will overall turnout reach 50%?

The ones that complain about politicans are usually the ones who can't get off the couch to vote.

So fair play to all those who stand as candidates - they have the courage to put their name forward and try to make their area a better place!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on May 02, 2019, 10:35:26 PM

The ones that complain about politicans are usually the ones who can't get off the couch to vote.

So fair play to all those who stand as candidates - they have the courage to put their name forward and try to make their area a better place!

So is your area a better place for the candidates that are in place? It's a racket
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2019, 11:19:26 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 02, 2019, 10:35:26 PM

So is your area a better place for the candidates that are in place? It's a racket

All I'm saying is people do so much complaining about politicans that they don't even vote.

Others then complain about this party and that party that they should stand themselves as independents or join a party.

Milltown Row2

Independents have generally come from a major party and done well based on their previous, there has only been a few that have stood out, formerly the Doctor from Fermanagh, where is he now?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility