U17 Football Championship

Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 18, 2017, 07:17:46 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on May 18, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2017, 09:53:23 AM
Kerry bet Cork last night in a game marred by "ugly incidents" and me melees.
I didn't  think the purists would be at that sort of thing.

4 yellow cards, a black card and a red card for Cork, none for Kerry but don't let the facts get in your way.

What are the facts?

Yes, exactly.

Rossfan

4 yellow cards, a black card and a red card for Cork, none for Kerry but don't let the facts get in your way.
Were the Corkies fighting with themselves in the tunnel?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blanketattack

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2017, 11:53:15 AM

Were the Corkies fighting with themselves in the tunnel?

Not unknown to happen. I didn't see what happened in the tunnel but you seem to have had a great view of what went on.

Rossfan

blanketattack

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2017, 04:35:26 PM
De Paper boyoyy!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ugly-clashes-overshadow-kerry-victory-over-cork-450294.html

Yes because "Ugly half-time tunnel scenes and a mass melee at the final whistle involving players and members of the backroom teams" gives a vivid picture of who the instigators were and whether it was pushing or punching. They couldn't be more vague if they called it a shemozzle.

Rossfan

If it was Tyrone v Armagh it would be the end of civilisation.....

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on May 19, 2017, 09:44:02 PM
De Paper boyoyy!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ugly-clashes-overshadow-kerry-victory-over-cork-450294.html

Yes because "Ugly half-time tunnel scenes and a mass melee at the final whistle involving players and members of the backroom teams" gives a vivid picture of who the instigators were and whether it was pushing or punching. They couldn't be more vague if they called it a shemozzle.

Why are you getting your back up about this? It's there in black and white.

blanketattack

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2017, 10:15:40 PM
De Paper boyoyy!!

Why are you getting your back up about this? It's there in black and white.

Saw nothing in black and white where it showed Kerry as the instigators of the tunnel incidents or of any Kerry players guilty of any wrong doing.

Farrandeelin

Handy win for Mayo today by all accounts. Didn't get into see it in time as I had commitments early in the day.

2-19 to 0-9 was the result.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SCFC

Anyone know anything about the Leinster under 17 football?

Il Bomber Destro

De Paper boyoyy!!

Well you seem to have came to a conclusion without any knowledge on what actually took place.

justinn

Leinster u17 starts end of June.

omagh_gael

Big win for Tyrone over Cavan this afternoon in the Ulster final. Final score was 3-15 to 0-06. I think there were 10 different scorers.

What's the story in the AI series? Does it follow the senior structure i.e. Tyrone due to play the Leinster reps in the Semi?

giveballaghback

Galway beat Mayo 2-7 to 0-5 today.

Blowitupref

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 11, 2017, 08:56:56 PM
Galway beat Mayo 2-7 to 0-5 today.

Report from the ConnachtGAA.ie website

Galway advanced to the final of the Connacht U17 Championship against either Leitrim or Roscommon after overcoming Mayo 2-7 to 0-5 in terrible conditions in Salthill on Sunday. In fairness to both teams, the swirling wind and driving rain made football almost impossible, but neither lacked for endeavour and this Galway team has some quality forwards, with Matthew Tierney and the mercurial Oisín McDonagh in particular catching the eye.

Both teams struggled massively to come to terms with the elements in the early stages, with Leo Howard playing an effective role as the sweeper and Jack Higgins excelling for Mayo, as he did throughout. Mayo played into the gale in the first period, and led two points to nil through two frees from captain Pat Lambert before Galway finally got off the mark with two rapid points in the 21st minute from Tierney and McDonagh. The half time score was 0-4 to 0-3, the game delicately poised and Galway looking like they were up against it facing into the wind for the second half.

However, goals win games and the second half was barely a minute old when wing forward Aidan Halloran ghosted into space infront of Jamie McNicholas' goal and was expertly found by McDonagh before coolly slotting the ball under the advancing goalie. McDonagh then goaled himself in the 16th minute of the second half after a clever Keelan Craven pass to make the score 2-5 to 0-4 and Mayo with a mountain to climb. Try as they did the Mayo men just couldn't convert the chances they created and when Joe Gubbins made a super save from corner forward Paul Towey with ten minutes to go, you sensed that it was going to be Galway's day. McDonagh sealed the Tribesmen's victory with an outrageous curling score off his left foot from the left wing into the wind after jinking past two defenders in injury time, setting up a showdown for Galway on Connacht final day with Leitrim or Roscommon on the 9th of July.

Mayo: J McNicholas; J Coyne, B McLeod, J Higgins; L Howard, R Brickenden, A McDonnell; P Golderick, J Gallagher (0-1); P Lambert (0-3fs), E Rowley, L Burke; J Jennings (0-1f), T Morris, P Towey Subs: M Moran for Rowley (37 mins), C Golden for Goldrick (42 mins), K Callaghan for Morris (47 mins), C Gavin for Burke and A McHale for Gallagher (53 mins)

Galway: J Gubbins; C O'Neill, S Fitzgerald, T Considine; C Monahan (0-1), J Glynn, M Boyle; C Walsh, J Keady; O Moran, M Tierney (0-2), A Halloran (1-0); K Craven, O McDonagh (1-3), B Harlow (0-1) Subs: O Gormally for Craven (55 mins) P Kelly for Keady (58 mins) J Kirrane for O'Neill (60 mins)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose