Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 16, 2019, 10:14:20 AM
Spurs were 13 points ahead of United less than a month ago now its down to 7 points and Harry Kane is out for 2 months plus Son could be missing for 10 games too. Spurs also have lost Dembele and have injuries to Sissoko and Wanyama and are still in 3 cup competitions.

Pochettino out?

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2019, 09:33:18 PM
Great to see supporters of other teams coming on here and not just laughing. Mind you I'd wonder how much of the games they actually watched with some of the comments but great they're worried again.  ;D

Not particularly worried . . . hoping OGS gets the job then I'm sure it'll be a Di Matteo situation all over again!! (Minus the Champions League fluke obviously!)

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 15, 2019, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 15, 2019, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2019, 09:16:04 AM
I think it's fair to say De Gea hasn't had his best season this season, but personally if I'd a choice of any goalkeeper, he'd be on my team.

I only saw the second half of the Spurs match, but I thought it a bit odd that Gary Neville seemed reluctant to give him praise for all the saves he was making! Not that GN was totally incorrect in saying some of the finishing could have been better, but I thought he was a bit harsh on De Gea.

I dont think any of the saves he made were in the outstanding category. I think probably his level is catching up with him a bit there unfairly. Any other keeper made that amount of saves in a game it would be headline news, its because he makes the average saves look exactly that.....average, that makes them pass with little or no fuss.

He will be no different to any other player in the squad in wanting to prove his worth to the team under the new management and this seems to be driving the mini revival.

Martial's form still a worry I thought he would burst out of the shackles under Ole but he still seems to be holding a little back, hopefully he will progress with the team as the new system get embedded.

+1.  My thoughts after the game were that De Gea played well but the saves required were straight forward.   

Yup. Agreed.

This talk about about De Gea being world class is a bit OTT. His distribution and coming for corners and taking command of his penalty area is still quite poor. Decent shot stopper, but he's no Schmeichel or Van Der Sar.

J70

One area DeGea far exceeds other keepers is using those feet to make saves. The one he made from the Kane shot towards the near post side of his goal was amazing in the speed of his reaction. He did a similar one last year from Matip against Liverpool at Anfield.

Only comparable keeper I've seen in terms of agility was Grobellaar. Although Alisson is looking impressive in his reactions so far too, underworked though he might be in that respect.

gawa316

Spurs were 13 points ahead of United less than a month ago now its down to 7 points and Harry Kane is out for 2 months plus Son could be missing for 10 games too. Spurs also have lost Dembele and have injuries to Sissoko and Wanyama and are still in 3 cup competitions.

Where'd you get Son missing 10 games from? Isn't the Asian cup over at the start of Feb?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2019, 01:39:15 PM
One area DeGea far exceeds other keepers is using those feet to make saves. The one he made from the Kane shot towards the near post side of his goal was amazing in the speed of his reaction. He did a similar one last year from Matip against Liverpool at Anfield.

Only comparable keeper I've seen in terms of agility was Grobellaar. Although Alisson is looking impressive in his reactions so far too, underworked though he might be in that respect.

Sorting out your feet quickly is one of the hardest parts of goalkeeping, De Gea has cat like reflexes and at least 3 of those 11 2nd half saves were outstanding on Sunday. Good goalkeeping performance aside, giving away that amount chances proves there is still major issues in defence and it's not all Jones fault as Shaw against Spurs was poor and Matic is too slow to react for CDM.

nrico2006

We'll see if they have anything to spend now too. If they dont buy in January given the current situation Poch may realise that this really is Arsenal mark 2.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 16, 2019, 10:21:05 PM

We'll see if they have anything to spend now too. If they dont buy in January given the current situation Poch may realise that this really is Arsenal mark 2.

Can't see anything other than a loan signing, Levy will think the 7 point lead is good enough especially with the spiraling costs of the stadium.

rodney trotter

Giussepe Rossi back training with United the past few days. He has been without a club since the summer. Talk of Spurs taking him on a pay as you play deal. He was a talanted alanted player, some amount of injuries during his career.

Boycey

2-0 harsh enough on Brighton..

Cunny Funt

Solskjaer the first ever United manager to win his first 6 league games. The 2-1 win today was probably about right as Brighton wouldn't have deserved a 2 goal margin of defeat. Chris Hughton has them well set up and even today you could see why Brighton beat United in the two previous PL games.

magpie seanie

It got hairy emough towards the end but I thought United played well in general. A little careless in terms of finishing off moves but some of the pasing in tight areas and the willingness to try things have been great of late. Harem scarem again at the back a lot of the time (very vulnerable looking at set pieces) which I'm sure future opponents are noting. Dalot at left back this time due to Shaw being ill was good....think he looks a good asset especially with the ability to play both sides.

trailer

Rashford is going to be better than Ronaldo, Best, Cantona, you name it. He's virtually unmarkable.

Maroon Manc

Not a great performance apart from Rashford, Herrera & Lindelof but another good result.

A shame that Spurs scored, gives them such a lift to get the result late on with Harry Kane. I think they've got Leicester & Watford at Wembley in the next few weeks, they won't be easy game. Chelsea in bother, they got 27 points from their first 11 games now only 20 points in their last 12 games. I think 80 points should do it which would mean 11 wins and 3 draws from the remaining 15 games.

HiMucker

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 20, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 20, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
All paper talk anyway and will probably amount to nothing, I know they have very high hopes for Tuanzebe so would be surprised if they go after another defender of the same age unless he was something very special. We've got 10 defenders, we need a proper clearout in that department; Could easily make a strong case for getting rid of 6 of them.

Just hoping OGS makes Rashford his centre forward; Martial, Pogba & Mata will reap the benefits of him.

You can't be serious?? Persevere with Lukaku, get him into shape and get his confidence back.  Rashford is the new Danny Wellbeck.
This could be like Dunphys take on Ronaldo