Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2023, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2023, 10:20:54 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 06, 2023, 10:08:08 PMBeen saying here for weeks that City are not winning the league this year and that they would struggle. Can people start to come to terms with that instead of consistently blowing smoke up their hole?
Done the same last year then went and won 15 in a row or something mad. Wouldn't bet against them doing the same this year again. But agree they arent the team they were. None of the other challengers are that great either tbh.

Arsenal are currently tracking a 91 point season and smashing teams in Europe.

When does "not great" culminate?

At a guess, when they win something.

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 06, 2023, 10:08:08 PMBeen saying here for weeks that City are not winning the league this year and that they would struggle. Can people start to come to terms with that instead of consistently blowing smoke up their hole?
Done the same last year then went and won 15 in a row or something mad. Wouldn't bet against them doing the same this year again. But agree they arent the team they were. None of the other challengers are that great either tbh.

''Not great'' is the way Arsenal finished out the season last year, they ran out of steam and confidence.

Armagh18

Looking good but never seen any medals handed out in December. They started last year flying and fell away. Hopefully they can push on, far rather them than City or the scouse.

Captain Obvious

A fall off expected from Manchester City after winning three trophies last season however Pep hasn't helped himself by offloading some important players and not bringing in like for like replacements. Tonight they looked like a mid table team against Aston Villa.

Unless they pick up form soon it will be a two horse race for the title and the smart money would be on Liverpool to win it with the way Arsenal crumbled under pressure towards the end of last season.

quit yo jibbajabba

Rice could be big difference for them tho in fairness. Keeps the thing interesting anyway. City without rodri and de bruyne look ordinary and the squad thin same time they could buy in Jan and no other team can go on a run like them

It's Villas to lose 😜

lurganblue

Villa went from being pumped by Bournemouth and getting a lucky draw, to a performance of the highest caliber tonight.

An Watcher

Jesus lads but the soccers a hard watch.  Had access to all the games last night as it was on prime n ended up turning it off.  Poor, poor stuff.  Hardly a challenge across many of the games, fellas diving at any touch, brutal. 

jcpen

Man City will obviously be still favourites and any "smart" money would still be on them to retain the title.
As already said above by others, they could easily go on an unbeaten run and blow everyone else away.
Arsenal will have learned from last season and should be better positioned to challenge.
Don't know with Liverpool, not sure they have enough to maintain a consistent winning run which you would imagine will be needed.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Sportacus

Quote from: An Watcher on December 07, 2023, 07:04:44 AMJesus lads but the soccers a hard watch.  Had access to all the games last night as it was on prime n ended up turning it off.  Poor, poor stuff.  Hardly a challenge across many of the games, fellas diving at any touch, brutal. 
I'm sorry to say I've gone the other way.  I'd rather watch a Premier League game than gaelic footballers passing the ball sideways across the pitch.  And it pains me to say it. I wouldn't waste my money on GAAGO but I still do waste it on Sky.

quit yo jibbajabba

Sportacus not far off the mark. I find myself scrolling more and more while watching both nowadays. Maybe it's an age thing. Not saying I've seen "all" the football but I have seen a lot lol and it takes more to wow you these days in both pursuits

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 07, 2023, 09:22:17 AMSportacus not far off the mark. I find myself scrolling more and more while watching both nowadays. Maybe it's an age thing. Not saying I've seen "all" the football but I have seen a lot lol and it takes more to wow you these days in both pursuits

Put the hurling on, they haven't went all defensive yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2023, 09:36:05 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 07, 2023, 09:22:17 AMSportacus not far off the mark. I find myself scrolling more and more while watching both nowadays. Maybe it's an age thing. Not saying I've seen "all" the football but I have seen a lot lol and it takes more to wow you these days in both pursuits

Disagree also. Must deffo be an age thing lol. Few years ago I agree it was class. Now they've got "too good" - too many can score from way out the field, puck outs are longer and general passages of play shorter imo. But yes not as defensive

RedHand88

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 07, 2023, 09:49:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2023, 09:36:05 AM

Disagree also. Must deffo be an age thing lol. Few years ago I agree it was class. Now they've got "too good" - too many can score from way out the field, puck outs are longer and general passages of play shorter imo. But yes not as defensive

How do you defend when they regularly score from inside their own half?

Need to make hurling pitches 30m longer. We'll sort out the logistics later.

Maroon Manc

Arsenal going to have to play better to win the league which I hope they do, they won't replicate what they've done in the first half of the season in the 2nd half in terms of late goals.

City more then capable of winning 19 out of the remaining 23 league games, if they drop points in any of the next 4 league games which I expect them to win then maybe there is a bit of an issue.

lurganblue

I think Liverpool have a real chance this year.

Also, the top 4 is wide open. Spurs and Newcastle will get some players back soon and give it a real rattle.  Utd are right there and time will tell if Villa can sustain what they've produced through 2023.