Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: general_lee on November 27, 2019, 05:50:01 PM
Realistically how many players is that going to impact on?

A lot I'd say.

marty34

Quote from: lenny on November 27, 2019, 05:53:51 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 27, 2019, 05:50:01 PM
Realistically how many players is that going to impact on?

A lot I'd say.

Yeah, there could be a good bit of crossover and it'd be hard for teams not to play without their players. 

It really takes very little for teams to say they're not playing as certain players are not available - just look at club teams with one or two county lads and the 'starred' games situstion in every county.

FermGael

St Michaels.Mcrory team from St Patrick's day 2019:
S McNally; L Flanagan, G Cavanagh, J Horan; A O Cathain, L Largo-Ellis (0-1), R McHugh; B Horan, J McDade; C Duffy, M Glynn (0-4, 0-1 penalty), D MacBrien (0-8, 0-2 frees); P McKervey, (0-1), C Love (0-1), T Keenan

Fermanagh under 20 team from round 1 Ulster championship 2019
Fermanagh: Cian Newman; Eoin Shiels, Johny Cassidy, Fergal Keenan; Ultan Kelm (0-1), Josh Largo Ellis, Ryan Breen; Eoin Beacom (0-2), Brandon Horan Cameron McBrien (0-1),Callum Jones (0-3), Dara MacBrien; Lorcan McStravick (0-1) Sean Cassidy (0-1),Darragh McGurn (0-21f).

Subs; Conor Love (0-2), for Lorcan McStravick (21 inj), Paul Breen for Ultan Kelm (inj 36), Liam Owen for Cameron McBrien (39), John Reihill for Dara McBrien (63).

Lads in Italics wouldn't be able to play as they would have been playing for Fermanagh seniors as they are scheduled now to play under 20s and national League fixtures on the same weekend
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

redzone

Anyone at any of the 1/4 games.

PMG1

Quote from: redzone on February 19, 2020, 09:36:10 PM
Anyone at any of the 1/4 games.
Was at the omagh v Armagh game today, atrocious conditions, should never have been played. Omagh by far the better team but tactics once again very questionable. Big McGleenan excellent for Armagh, virtually carried them but Omagh left same man on him the whole second half which was idiotic. Some bad decisions up front and a very poor goalkeeping mistake cost them also, but to be honest I can't see either of them being real contenders.

Walter Cronc

Is the McRory final going ahead this year?

marty34

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 26, 2020, 11:28:44 AM

Good question.

I thought, when lock down came in, that they talked about playing it in September.

It'll hardly be played now.

passedit

Quote from: marty34 on September 26, 2020, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 26, 2020, 11:28:44 AM

Good question.

I thought, when lock down came in, that they talked about playing it in September.

It'll hardly be played now.

Mc larnon is in two weeks. Assume it's a double bill with McRory
Don't Panic

twohands!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 29, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
Very sore dose for the young lads involved.

https://twitter.com/ulsterschools/status/1310892475293356033/photo/1

That's just madness! Kids are at school training away in their bubbles and how much would it be to the schools to arrange testing leading up to these very important games in their young lives?!!!

My daughter is training away with school, I dropped her off at Jstown last night and there was a senior hockey game on one pitch a rugby game on the other and I presume the Antrim hurlers were training away on the top pitch!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 12:28:44 PM

That's just madness! Kids are at school training away in their bubbles and how much would it be to the schools to arrange testing leading up to these very important games in their young lives?!!!

My daughter is training away with school, I dropped her off at Jstown last night and there was a senior hockey game on one pitch a rugby game on the other and I presume the Antrim hurlers were training away on the top pitch!

But are most of these players not at university now?

rodney trotter

The Leinster schools final was in July. There wasn't much point arranging it for September when a lot of them would be in College.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on September 30, 2020, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 12:28:44 PM

But are most of these players not at university now?

I suppose, but still eligible due to the postponement surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2020, 09:17:49 PM
I'm not sure eligibility is his point. Have these school teams continued to train? Were lads at university across England, Scotland etc expected to fly back in the middle of a pandemic to play these games, for schools they no longer go to?
Was there really appetite for this? I know it's a big deal for young lads but surely the whole taste had gone off it long ago.

However, had Ulster Colleges sold tickets for it....?

I was waiting on a call up for the game  ;D

Yes get your point totally, but not playing it due to possible Covid reasons shouldn't be the answer as games have happened and these lads probably would have played for their own clubs too recently