China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2020, 12:59:34 AM
Quote from: Gmac on May 01, 2020, 12:40:56 AM
See on news here a guy developed a uvc portal that destroys 99% of viruses and pathogens , it's
Like a metal detector you stand for 20 seconds and the light is all around hits you and does not penetrate the skin . Looks promising for bars/restaurants in short term , $17000 for year he says and he must have a lot ready to go .

Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.
And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way... And I think you said you're going to test that, too. Sounds interesting.

I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what.
that didn't take long , something extra a business could use as well as masks and social distancing to increase confidence in the public

Ambrose

Quote from: Ambrose on April 02, 2020, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 01, 2020, 11:53:38 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 01, 2020, 11:51:04 PM
Personally I hope the north has ten times more deaths than the south. Already the GB approach is coming in for criticism even from the Daily Telegraph and yet Arlene decided to blindly follow what they did. I'm listening to the advice I'm getting has been the standard response to this. Now where did I hear that before?

Wow. Just f**king wow.

Oh dear.

Was Dougie shown a red card after his little outburst, he's been very quiet since.

I normally wouldn't comment on such posts, but the bould Dougie if the first to jump on any trangsression by anyone else.

Anyway I hope you are keeping well Doug in these troubling times, thankfully the north isn't having quite as many deaths as you hoped for.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

dec

Quote from: Gmac on May 01, 2020, 01:08:40 AM
See on news here a guy developed a uvc portal that destroys 99% of viruses and pathogens , it's
Like a metal detector you stand for 20 seconds and the light is all around hits you and does not penetrate the skin . Looks promising for bars/restaurants in short term , $17000 for year he says and he must have a lot ready to go .

Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.
And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way... And I think you said you're going to test that, too. Sounds interesting.

that didn't take long , something extra a business could use as well as masks and social distancing to increase confidence in the public

It would kill viruses on the surface, but if someone has caught the virus it would not help.

Gmac

Quote from: dec on May 01, 2020, 01:41:11 AM
Quote from: Gmac on May 01, 2020, 01:08:40 AM

It would kill viruses on the surface, but if someone has caught the virus it would not help.
of course but if we have been locked in for 2 months we shouldn't have it anyway, it's more of a confidence boost especially for offices or bars and restaurants.

LeoMc

Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 02:54:00 PM
:D
Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2020, 02:39:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 30, 2020, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them

Yes, I saw that. Infections going up.

Might need the vaccine before things open up!!
I think so too. No return back to normality without a vaccine.
Between viral vector, protein based, nucleic acid and weakened/inactivated virus there are 90 different vaccines being worked on. Gotta hope some come through.

The Oxford one seems to be the horse a lot are betting on and a new partnership has been struck with one of the big manufacturers.
BBC News - Coronavirus: AstraZeneca teams up with Oxford University on vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52483359
There are about 26 vital vector vaccines being worked on, including the likes of J&J. I wonder is this one getting hyped as it is a British University and a British Pharma company. Boris' answer to Donald's tremendous malaria drugs.

trailer

Two firsts here. Unbelievably I agree with Peirs Morgan and something that's been written in the Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8275365/PIERS-MORGAN-Boris-boast-wants-death-toll-tells-real-story.html

Tony Baloney

Quote from: LeoMc on May 01, 2020, 07:57:57 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 02:54:00 PM
:D
Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2020, 02:39:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 30, 2020, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them

Yes, I saw that. Infections going up.

Might need the vaccine before things open up!!
I think so too. No return back to normality without a vaccine.
Between viral vector, protein based, nucleic acid and weakened/inactivated virus there are 90 different vaccines being worked on. Gotta hope some come through.

The Oxford one seems to be the horse a lot are betting on and a new partnership has been struck with one of the big manufacturers.
BBC News - Coronavirus: AstraZeneca teams up with Oxford University on vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52483359
There are about 26 vital vector vaccines being worked on, including the likes of J&J. I wonder is this one getting hyped as it is a British University and a British Pharma company. Boris' answer to Donald's tremendous malaria drugs.
AZ are a leading manufacturer of respiratory medicines.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2020, 08:35:46 AM
Two firsts here. Unbelievably I agree with Peirs Morgan and something that's been written in the Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8275365/PIERS-MORGAN-Boris-boast-wants-death-toll-tells-real-story.html

Felt a bit dirty there clicking on that link but he's bang on in a lot of it.

He'll get savaged by the loyal Daily Mail readership who're pro Boris to the balls.

now to see what the Kardashians are up to on that sidebar................    8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2020, 08:35:46 AM

Hard to argue with that, hindsight is wonderful but there has been some serious mistakes, I'd love to have seen the plan Britain had for a pandemic and why it wasn't put in place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

The UK ran a flu pandemic full scale training exercise in 2016. The results were never published due to the severity of the outcome. PPE  stocks were allowed to slide by 40 % in the past two years due to funding cuts .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2020, 09:33:23 AM
The UK ran a flu pandemic full scale training exercise in 2016. The results were never published due to the severity of the outcome. PPE  stocks were allowed to slide by 40 % in the past two years due to funding cuts .

So possibly 3 and a half years ago the findings showed that they were inept and did nothing to fix it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2020, 09:36:14 AM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2020, 09:33:23 AM

So possibly 3 and a half years ago the findings showed that they were inept and did nothing to fix it?

They never were going to, realistically - every Govt. operates on the basis that disaster won't happen to them....unfortunately on this occasion it did.

GetOverTheBar

Just reading here that Trump has seen evidence that the virus originated in a lab but the US Intelligence services have said that isn't the case.

Trump using this as a way to avoid debt repayment to China? Trump spouting anything to save himself? Or maybe worse....Trump with absolutely no tact in his body saying publicly what they are saying privately in the intelligence game? Hardly likely to be last on this.

armaghniac

In Britain's case it couldn't have happened to a nicer government.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

It has been confirmed that almost 50% of deaths in Northern Ireland have been in care homes. Surely with all the information coming out from Italy etc before it hit here that the elderly would be the worst affected and care homes would need to really be looked after first. Poor poor governance again.
The WHO have now applauded Sweden's no lockdown strategy
Schools return will rise the r rate from 0.6 to 0.7
But it's all ok because we all clapped last night
Michelle Arlene and the rest getting the videos up on social media clapping at 8
Keep up the clapping it's really helping
I seen on UTV live around 100 people clapping out and around a care home with the elderly outside
Photographers and Cameramen all over the place
Am I missing something here