Kilkenny at 10 or 12 perhaps
Comer at 14
Murphy at 8

Tyrdub

James McCarthy??? half back as he's probably not likely to get a midfield spot

Dire Ear

Dinny Breen

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 25, 2018, 12:06:02 PM
I don't think Tom Flynn is a big enough "name" for the All Stars GBB, he is having a great championship so far though, by a mile his best summertime showing in the maroon.
There's one Galway player that likewise doesn't have any hype around him but who should really be walking onto any "Best 15" so far this year and that's Eoghan Kerin.

I wouldn't have Comer as a lock for an All Star at all, for Galway Shane Walsh and Ian Burke have had better, more consistent championship appearances to date. I think in all likelihood Shane Walsh has by far the best chance of any Galway player of managing to nab an All Star, but if Galway meltdown in their next two matches I'd expect none.

Shane Walsh is a cert, after that it depends on semi-final and final performances. Burke is a thinking man's player, it's only when you see him in the flesh that you can appreciate his footballing intelligence. Safe to say with Irish Journalists that rules out Burke. They like flash ahead of substance.

I'd like to think Donnellan, D Flynn and P Cribben will get nominated from a Kildare perspective.

Dean Rock is another cert. Not overly impressed with Fenton, Kilkenny by their standards this year.  Brian Howard and Niall Scully putting their hands up for Dublin.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Ryan McHugh is nailed on for my money.
Especially as he could fill a HB or HF slot.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tippabu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 25, 2018, 12:39:07 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 25, 2018, 12:06:02 PM
I don't think Tom Flynn is a big enough "name" for the All Stars GBB, he is having a great championship so far though, by a mile his best summertime showing in the maroon.
There's one Galway player that likewise doesn't have any hype around him but who should really be walking onto any "Best 15" so far this year and that's Eoghan Kerin.

I wouldn't have Comer as a lock for an All Star at all, for Galway Shane Walsh and Ian Burke have had better, more consistent championship appearances to date. I think in all likelihood Shane Walsh has by far the best chance of any Galway player of managing to nab an All Star, but if Galway meltdown in their next two matches I'd expect none.

Shane Walsh is a cert, after that it depends on semi-final and final performances. Burke is a thinking man's player, it's only when you see him in the flesh that you can appreciate his footballing intelligence. Safe to say with Irish Journalists that rules out Burke. They like flash ahead of substance.

I'd like to think Donnellan, D Flynn and P Cribben will get nominated from a Kildare perspective.

Dean Rock is another cert. Not overly impressed with Fenton, Kilkenny by their standards this year.  Brian Howard and Niall Scully putting their hands up for Dublin.

Id have Brian Howard in there at the moment, he has been immense the last two weeks.

Cunny Funt

Am i right in saying this will be the first time since 2010 that Mayo won't win All Star? while Galway will win their first All Star since Kevin Walsh in 2003?

redhandefender

Sludden and Burns were in contention before Saturday night.

Not now imo, sludden hardly touched leather and burns cost that goal.

Still time for both to redeem themselves.

that wee boy Murchen? who parked sludden is definitely a late bolter if he stays in the team.

If they ended up playing Galway he could do a job on walsh

trailer

If anything was ever a dead cert it's Brian Howard. James McCarthy has a very good chance as well. Kilkenny will do well to be nominated.

Syferus

Both Murtaghs deserve nominations.

Schkite

Quote from: trailer on July 25, 2018, 01:16:18 PM
If anything was ever a dead cert it's Brian Howard. James McCarthy has a very good chance as well. Kilkenny will do well to be nominated.

He's the favourite for POTY!

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: redhandefender on July 25, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

that wee boy Murchen? who parked sludden is definitely a late bolter if he stays in the team.

Murchen carried out one of the best man marking jobs I've seen against Michael Daly in the U21 final last year, didn't give him a kick really.

Syferus

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 25, 2018, 02:34:41 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on July 25, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

Murchen carried out one of the best man marking jobs I've seen against Michael Daly in the U21 final last year, didn't give him a kick really.

Ronan Daly did a much better job on him in 2016.

blanketattack

Clifford for YPOTY and/or All-star.
Gavin White

The Hill is Blue

As always most of the decisions will be based on the All Ireland final and to a lesser extent on the semi-finals.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8