Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 02, 2019, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: Estimator on March 02, 2019, 07:38:56 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 02, 2019, 07:35:11 PM
Donegal 0-2
Armagh 0-2

Morgan and McGee ent off with straight reds

From the clip I've seen on Twitter, Sheridan lucky not to be sent off for a sc**bag stamp.

Horrible stuff - deliberate attempt to break someone's leg.

Armagh's discipline under McGeeney continues to be woeful.

Never noticed stamp during match but to suggest it is McGeeneys fault is complete crap. Armagh discipline is a problem with mistimed tackling. An incident like that is an individual problem. To be fair to McGeeney you don't see Armagh diving, goading and backroom team members persistently encroaching on pitch as a general rule.

Close game tonight in terrible conditions - as bad as I have seen a game played. For me Donegal won the game in first half with Murphy goal.

tonto1888

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 02, 2019, 08:56:55 PM
Some absolutely awful play acting from Donegal.

Very disappointed in them. Couldn't like that McHugh fella as good a player as he is

greatpoint

Quote from: Throw ball on March 02, 2019, 11:43:26 PM
Donegal 0-2
Armagh 0-2

From the clip I've seen on Twitter, Sheridan lucky not to be sent off for a sc**bag stamp.

Never noticed stamp during match but to suggest it is McGeeneys fault is complete crap. Armagh discipline is a problem with mistimed tackling. An incident like that is an individual problem. To be fair to McGeeney you don't see Armagh diving, goading and backroom team members persistently encroaching on pitch as a general rule.

Close game tonight in terrible conditions - as bad as I have seen a game played. For me Donegal won the game in first half with Murphy goal.

https://twitter.com/RichardEvesson/status/1101936367234248705

Throw ball

Quote from: greatpoint on March 03, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 02, 2019, 11:43:26 PM
Donegal 0-2
Armagh 0-2

https://twitter.com/RichardEvesson/status/1101936367234248705

Doesn't look good. The player involved deserves a ban.

I still don't believe it can be blamed on the manager. Players have to be responsible for their own actions.

tonto1888

The stamp was nasty and Sheridan deserves a ban. Absolutely nothing to do with McGeeney tho. I've read a lot of crap on these boards about him but blaming him on that is absolutely ridiculous

smelmoth

Last night provides more of the drip drip of evidence that our collective management seem incapable of addressing problems with this group of players. Whilst the Sheridan incident was appalling it cannot be argued that it is typical of Armagh, this Armagh team or McGeeney. We have discipline issues but that is to do with the shear number of fouls we commit. Not to do with cheap hits. Sheridan's incident is an exception and a horrible one. He will be found guilty and punished. That should not be appealed. If his punishment is within the rule book that shouldn't be appealed either. He has to be looking at the upper end of available punishments.

We need to take our medicine.

There should however be some medicine coming in the direction of Donegal. Just too many Donegal players goad, hit punches, start melees etc for it not to be something they plan. And then there is diving and face holding. I'd love the tv to focus in on this. It's embarrassing. Play the footage back to Bonner and make him comment.

Anyway we lost, largely due to our own shortcomings and we are the guilty party in the incident that is going to generate the column inches

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on March 03, 2019, 08:22:08 AM
Last night provides more of the drip drip of evidence that our collective management seem incapable of addressing problems with this group of players. Whilst the Sheridan incident was appalling it cannot be argued that it is typical of Armagh, this Armagh team or McGeeney. We have discipline issues but that is to do with the shear number of fouls we commit. Not to do with cheap hits. Sheridan's incident is an exception and a horrible one. He will be found guilty and punished. That should not be appealed. If his punishment is within the rule book that shouldn't be appealed either. He has to be looking at the upper end of available punishments.

We need to take our medicine.

There should however be some medicine coming in the direction of Donegal. Just too many Donegal players goad, hit punches, start melees etc for it not to be something they plan. And then there is diving and face holding. I'd love the tv to focus in on this. It's embarrassing. Play the footage back to Bonner and make him comment.

Anyway we lost, largely due to our own shortcomings and we are the guilty party in the incident that is going to generate the column inches

Can't disagree with any of that

David McKeown

Quote from: Solo_run on March 02, 2019, 11:37:36 PM
Just seen Sheridan's stamp on Donegal players ankle... Horrible to watch and a deserved ban incoming.

Hopefully a lengthy one at that. I missed it during the game but the above link makes it look absolutely horrible and very lucky not to result in a very bad injury. No place for that in the game so any ban will be well deserved.

That said from what I've seen Morgan shouldn't have been sent off some hopefully that's rescinded (or if I've missed something and explanation for the sending off can be given.)

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Cunny Funt

One or two game ban looking at rule book. Tipp have fallen back badly this year are they riddled with injuries and replacements not up to this level?

smelmoth

I think it's a minimum of 2 games. What the maximum is I don't know but his league is over

J70

Quote from: David McKeown on March 03, 2019, 11:21:35 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 02, 2019, 11:37:36 PM
Just seen Sheridan's stamp on Donegal players ankle... Horrible to watch and a deserved ban incoming.

Hopefully a lengthy one at that. I missed it during the game but the above link makes it look absolutely horrible and very lucky not to result in a very bad injury. No place for that in the game so any ban will be well deserved.

That said from what I've seen Morgan shouldn't have been sent off some hopefully that's rescinded (or if I've missed something and explanation for the sending off can be given.)

Didn't get to see the game (just listened on radio). From some reports the ref just singled Morgan and McGee out. Others, however, said that the players were lucky more didn't follow them in that incident.

thejuice

C'mon Meath!

Meath 0-01
Kildare 0-01

Just started
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Kildare 1-03
Meath 0-01

Getting run ragged
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

1-03 to 0-03

Settling down now

Snow falling

thejuice

Kildare 1-05
Meath 0-04

Kildare doing that bit better at finding scores quickly where we are a bit ponderous.. Our midfield is poor.