NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Solo_run on February 03, 2019, 05:20:04 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 03, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
Armagh snatching a draw from the jaws of a win 2 weeks in a row now.

Those points could be crucial in a division where not much separates any of the teams and we could just as easily go down as stay up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but were Armagh a good up against against Clare in the last 5 minutes?

They were 4 up heading for full time, basically just making the point that they could easily have 4 points but threw both games away in the latter stages which could cost them an opportunity to get promotion.

Throw ball

McGeeney interviewed on radio suggesting both Clare goals were wrong decisions and Clare player took a dive for sending off. Hope highlights on tv so we can judge. No matter should still have won on a pitch in terrible condition.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Throw ball on February 03, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
McGeeney interviewed on radio suggesting both Clare goals were wrong decisions and Clare player took a dive for sending off. Hope highlights on tv so we can judge. No matter should still have won on a pitch in terrible condition.

McGeeney moaning about refs - who could have predicted that?

tonto1888

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 03, 2019, 06:06:46 PM

The ref was absolute rank. The Clare player did take a dive but Clarke was daft. Still think it was a harsh red tho. Re the two goals I can only think there was a deflection in the first and the ball was over the line for the second. The umpires couldn't have got both so wrong could they?

Owen Brannigan

Thank goodness not only Armagh getting draws:

yellowcard

Clarke give the referee a decision to make, blaming the referee for the loss of points doesn't address the problem of how we let big leads slip 2 weeks running it only deflects attention.

balladmaker

Can't comment about the first Clare goal as I was at opposite end of field, but had a good view of the second, the ball was over the line from my view of it.  Clarke sending off was harsh I thought.  Armagh the better team over all but once again left a point behind them.  Was surprised at Soupy Campbell being taken off when scores were still needed.

tonto1888

I don't see anyone blaming the ref. He didn't drop a few balls short or make sloppy passes. He was poor tho

twohands!!!

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 03, 2019, 06:19:30 PM

The ref was absolute rank. The Clare player did take a dive but Clarke was daft. Still think it was a harsh red tho. Re the two goals I can only think there was a deflection in the first and the ball was over the line for the second. The umpires couldn't have got both so wrong could they?

The thing is even if the ref turns in the worst reffing display of all time, there's nothing to be gained by complaining.

The fact that McGeeney hasn't learned this in his long career says a world.

tonto1888

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 03, 2019, 07:13:47 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 03, 2019, 06:19:30 PM

The thing is even if the ref turns in the worst reffing display of all time, there's nothing to be gained by complaining.

The fact that McGeeney hasn't learned this in his long career says a world.

Managers complain. Players complain.  Fans complain. We all know it doesn't make a difference but it can be good to vent

Captain Obvious

Clare had all the breaks today another point dropped for Armagh and should have 4 points on the table instead of 2 right now. Need to beat Meath in Navan next to make up for those dropped points however won't be easy as apparently they had unlucky loss against Donegal last night.

DuffleKing

Both Clare goals were legitimate from my station. First was a handpass attempt for a point that the defender deflected and it ended up in the net.  Unlucky but that's a goal. The second looked well over the line. Jamie was daft. All frustrating given we were the better team but the officials seemed to get all the big calls right- including the other 2 sending offs.

Clare 15 (Tubridy?) can play ball and orchestrated most of their scores - including the 1-01 in injury time.

Throw ball

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 03, 2019, 08:07:47 PM

Both Clare goals were legitimate from my station. First was a handpass attempt for a point that the defender deflected and it ended up in the net.  Unlucky but that's a goal. The second looked well over the line. Jamie was daft. All frustrating given we were the better team but the officials seemed to get all the big calls right- including the other 2 sending offs.

Clare 15 (Tubridy?) can play ball and orchestrated most of their scores - including the 1-01 in injury time.

McGeeney BBC interview suggests video evidence shows no Armagh player touched the ball for first goal. Second goal seemingly inconclusive.

Gael85

That David Tubridy. Good to see him return to form. Had a couple bad injuries over the years.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Throw ball on February 03, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

McGeeney BBC interview suggests video evidence shows no Armagh player touched the ball for first goal. Second goal seemingly inconclusive.

Bounced back out off the net holder