East Belfast GAA

Started by nearlymad, June 02, 2020, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tyrdub on June 19, 2020, 11:18:46 AM
Seen something on Twitter about 40-50 guys "protesting" at the Grove Playing Fields over people playing GAA there. It seems they were playing soccer wearing GAA tops.

Knuckle draggers but unfortunately they will win here

Just down the road from where I live. Half tempted to get a kickabout with a few lads and see how the big boys react.

MoChara

https://twitter.com/GroveNogaa

Here's the Protesters Twitter if you want to let them know your feelings

Orior

Quote from: MoChara on June 19, 2020, 12:06:36 PM
https://twitter.com/GroveNogaa

Here's the Protesters Twitter if you want to let them know your feelings

Should we all follow them, for entertainment purposes, like RDE?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Tyrdub on June 19, 2020, 11:18:46 AM
Seen something on Twitter about 40-50 guys "protesting" at the Grove Playing Fields over people playing GAA there. It seems they were playing soccer wearing GAA tops.

Knuckle draggers but unfortunately they will win here
And were supposed to be pandering to this type of crowd by removing our flag, anthem and traditions. No thanks  ;D

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2020, 10:57:47 AM
Careful!!
Snapchap will be after ye with both barrels

Or us it just "Free Staters" (sic) that arent allowed to have opinions?

::)

Tried to engage you in debate and your response has been to run away from discussing the topic and repeatedly post "hilarious" warnings to others about me. Grow up ffs.

Figured out yet how the GAA signing up to a "protocol" prohibiting flags and anthems in the north somehow wouldn't be them placing a ban on flags and anthems in the north?

Figured out yet how a 32 county organisation can apply different rules for just 6 counties?

Figured out yet why a 32 county organisation might not want to tell its members in the six counties who have spent 40 years defending their national identity, that only they are prohibited from using the Irish flag and anthem?

Have a think about the above maybe, instead of posting childish dung like your above post.

P.s. Where did I suggest Free Staters are the only one not allowed an opinion? My issue is with anyone who suggests that only 6 county GAA members should be barred from using the Irish flag and anthem. I'll challenge anyone who holds that position. It just so happens that so far, the only two posters advocating such horses**t are both Free Staters.

Snapchap

Quote from: nearlymad on June 18, 2020, 02:20:39 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on June 18, 2020, 01:48:37 PM
It should not be a case of "if we do this, will they do this anyway"

If we want to take steps towards a new united Ireland in the future we have to bring the unionist community along and start to break down the mistrust and barriers. We should lead by example and take the first steps. Whatever your views the tricolour and anthem will be intimidating and unwelcoming to most of the unionist community who don't full understand it. I think it would be a great step for clubs in the north.

Obviously the floodgates won't open and bring a stampede of unionists to play gaelic but it will slowly start to build and bring them on board. I understand however people want to keep it as is and that is just my own view!
Can you move this chat to non-GAA please and give this new entity a chance to get up and running without all this?

I think you may be grossly over-estimating the influence of GAA Board to the outside world lol

Will moving this discussion to a different subsection of this forum really decide the fate of the setting up of this club?

And I appreciate that you started the thread etc, but ffs, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it's purely the fact that this club is being formed in a loyalist area that made it worthy of a new thread. You can hardly get precious then when people inevitably start to talk about sensitivities around identity that arise from the topic.

Rossfan

Haranguing someone who has a different opinion isnt "adult debate".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on June 23, 2020, 11:40:04 AM
Haranguing someone who has a different opinion isnt "adult debate".
Haranguing you? Ok let's not be dramatic there Joan Burton.

My last few engagements with you have exclusively been responses to you making childish jibes about me to other posters. You have persistently failed to engage in the topic of debate with me. Fair enough. That's your choice. Just give the obsessive whining about me to others a rest. It's makes your, "haranguing" complaint seem a bit ironic.

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on June 08, 2020, 04:10:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2020, 11:31:25 AM
As I've said here before all Sports bodies in the North should have a protocol of no National Flags or Anthems .

So you expect the GAA to have separate rules for either side of the border? You expect that an organisation which, according to it's rulebook "has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland", should ban the Irish national flag and anthem from it's activities in the six counties?

Partitionism is alive and well in Roscommon, I doubt. ::)
An adult debater would have said
" I don't agree. I don't believe the GAA which has a basic aim of....
should have a separate rule for the 6 Cos."
Anyway hope the 6 Cos Executive let sports activities catch up with those of  the 26 fairly soon.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on June 23, 2020, 12:51:02 PM
As I've said here before all Sports bodies in the North should have a protocol of no National Flags or Anthems .

So you expect the GAA to have separate rules for either side of the border? You expect that an organisation which, according to it's rulebook "has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland", should ban the Irish national flag and anthem from it's activities in the six counties?

Anyway hope the 6 Cos Executive let sports activities catch up with those of  the 26 fairly soon.

An adult debater would have copped on to the fact that I haven't expressed one single opinion on the issue of flags and anthems beyond arguing that there should not be one rule for the north and another for the south within the GAA on the topic. That has been my sole argument, and for holding that position you have described me as a "narrow minded extremist" with a "no surrender, not an inch" mentality. Is that a mature reaction to someone merely advocating the GAA maintaining it's 32 county organisational structure? Or is it arrogant, condescending, judgemental horses**t?

clonadmad

Quote from: Snapchap on June 23, 2020, 03:49:13 PM

An adult debater would have copped on to the fact that I haven't expressed one single opinion on the issue of flags and anthems beyond arguing that there should not be one rule for the north and another for the south within the GAA on the topic. That has been my sole argument, and for holding that position you have described me as a "narrow minded extremist" with a "no surrender, not an inch" mentality. Is that a mature reaction to someone merely advocating the GAA maintaining it's 32 county organisational structure? Or is it arrogant, condescending, judgemental horses**t?

An adult debater wouldn't constantly refer to people from the 26 counties as "freestaters" either unless it's designed deliberately to insult and provoke.

Snapchap

Quote from: clonadmad on June 23, 2020, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 23, 2020, 03:49:13 PM

An adult debater wouldn't constantly refer to people from the 26 counties as "freestaters" either unless it's designed deliberately to insult and provoke.

I personally don't refer to all those from the south as "Free Staters". It's a term I reserve only for those who are clearly dyed in the wool partitionists.

nearlymad

More tripe not related to the Topic this was originally started for. >:( >:(
Down Championship are on this evening.

general_lee

Quote from: nearlymad on June 23, 2020, 04:55:54 PM
Has (or will) a new name been decided on?

Mourne Red

Quote from: general_lee on June 23, 2020, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: nearlymad on June 23, 2020, 04:55:54 PM
Has (or will) a new name been decided on?

OrĂ¡iste O'Lodge