USFC SF: Monaghan v Fermanagh - Sunday 3rd June at 2pm - Healy Park Omagh

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 29, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Would a gaelic footballer be recognised in a protestant town ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on June 03, 2018, 09:55:42 PM

Perhaps not, but do you really want to go on the rip in Larne?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
Serious performance by Fermanagh, but this Ulsterball stuff is a slog to watch.

Mayo- Galway was the single most unwatchable game this year.

trueblue1234

Let's be honest every province has these games. Trying to pretend it's exclusive to Ulster is nonsense. Unfortunately it's the nature of the game at the minute. But fair play to Fermanagh, great scenes and something we see too little of in our game at present.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

They might pretend they wouldn't know them but yes, yes they would.

Aaron Boone

Dromore Co Tyrone is mostly Catholic, Dromore Co Down mostly Protestant.

Shamrock Shore

Why does Ger Canning still think there can be a square ball from open play?

Hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 03, 2018, 10:29:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
Serious performance by Fermanagh, but this Ulsterball stuff is a slog to watch.

Mayo- Galway was the single most unwatchable game this year.
Mayo - Galway was the most disappointing game as you're hoping for an absolute corker, but I still found it very watchable. I enjoyed today's as well, even though some elements were poor. I thought the second half raced by, which was very unusual given the lack of scores! Conor Walshe and Drew Wylie were immense for Monaghan in the last quarter, but fair play to Fermanagh for hanging in there and getting the goal.

Yesterday I watched Limerick v Cork and that was very enjoyable, but both defences were awful, and there was hardly a word about that aspect. There were 10 scores and I think 4 wides in the first 10 minutes. Forwards all had the freedom of the park even at that early stage. It was like basketball with the end-to-end stuff and no tackles. There was no hard hitting at all, bar the couple of sly off the ball slaps. Although the block by the Limerick no.2 right at the end which saved the point for Limerick was one of the highlights of the game for me.

Hound

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 03, 2018, 11:01:38 PM
Why does Ger Canning still think there can be a square ball from open play?
If the man is in the square before the ball has been kicked/passed, then it's still square ball.
The rule has been eased (used to be you couldnt be in the square before the ball - which still applies from deadball situations), but it's still there.

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 03, 2018, 10:05:52 PM

Stupid remark, seriously :(
Seafold stalking again!  I suppose it does easily beat the tedium of what passes for life in Strabane, but hey, has self respect dropped to such low levels to be almost absent??

trileacman

Had 3 Fermanagh prods today come up to me today and remark on the victory that Fermanagh had. It was decent enough of them to acknowledge it and I know of a couple who'd have been watching earnestly on the tele if they weren't at the match. Always thought years ago prods wouldn't watch a GAA match for fear they'd turn to a pillar of salt but I'd say up to maybe 30-40% of them have a benign view of it, especially in rural GAA heartlands.

It's kinda made me feel we should make at least a token effort to tone down the republican aspects of it to offer at least some sort of appeasement to mild mannered prods. Something like playing the anthem at finals only or something. They'll hardly start playing in their droves but may make it a bit more palatable for them to support their counties.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: redzone on June 03, 2018, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 03, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
Quote from: trileacman on June 03, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
Just so there's no untoward rumours flying around about an amateur player, Quigley went on the rip during a couple of them good days last week. Harmless enough really, was the done thing for ~60 years of the associations history. It's a real f**king shame though because if he and Sean lost a few pounds and the 2 corrigans stayed injury free they'd have a serious squad of players and a wonderful balanced team with quality across the pitch. Well organised and fit, they'd be a challenge to any team bar Dublin and Kerry.

It is surely. Unfortunately this is how it is these days and he should have known better.
Ud have thought he'd go somewhere were he wouldn't be seen, naw he's heads to dromore were one of the managers are from. How dumb can he be

I disagree with your sentiments there actually even if it read as if I shared them. It's a shame for football and Fermanagh  but it's no shame at all on Quigleys shoulders. If that what he wants to do with his life then f**k it that's his choice and he shouldn't be chastised by the hurlers on the ditch. A good few lads remarked to me today about it in a dissaprovimg tone and i thought it was a bit f**king rich, sure what the f**k's it to them if he decides he'd rather have a normal lifestyle than be just another mid-ranking county footballer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maroon Manc

Several teams have had been labelled as taking the league too seriously in recent year with good league form but nobody ever mentions it when it comes to Monaghan. I just don't know what to think of them, I thought they'd cruise Ulster after the Tyrone game and had a great chance of making the semi's but after that yesterday its going to be very difficult.  They've suffered defeats to Longford, Down & Fermanagh in the last 3 years, its become all too familiar a pattern.

Is O'Rourke is under a bit of pressure if Monaghan go out early?

Farrandeelin

Ryan McCluskey is available for selection the next day or what's the story.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.