Rossfan

Time for Owen Brannigan to open a top 20 Suspensions thread ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2017, 12:12:22 PM
Quote from: mup on April 28, 2017, 12:04:46 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on April 27, 2017, 01:03:39 PM
McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

You weren't allowed post this on another well known GAA Forum because of it being filtered.

You were determined to get it out in the public domain somewhere.

I think he probably accused McQuillan of being a wannabe Meath man.

Was it McQuillan that gave that controversial free to Bernard Brogan against Kildare in 2011?

mup

That was actually Cormac Reilly.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AFS

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2017, 05:50:28 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
I heard that he threatened the referee. He deserves what he got and you Armagh muppets with your victimhood complex should start to look at yourselves instead of blaming referees and whatever else yer having.

Well said. These people blindly defending McGeeney and blaming everyone accept him should take a hard look at themselves. No-one gets 12wks for nothing. If he actually said what hes rumoured to have said then he deserves every bit of his 12wks!!

These posts are almost satirical. Between this forum and one other I've 'heard' four different accounts of what McGeeney is 'rumoured' to have said to the linesman and/or the referee. That's a lot of misinformation. Yet the people questioning the details of this issue are the 'muppets' who should 'take a hard look at themselves'.

Itchy

Quote from: mup on April 28, 2017, 09:55:52 AM
I heard that he threatened the referee. He deserves what he got and you Armagh muppets with your victimhood complex should start to look at yourselves instead of blaming referees and whatever else yer having.

Well said. These people blindly defending McGeeney and blaming everyone accept him should take a hard look at themselves. No-one gets 12wks for nothing. If he actually said what hes rumoured to have said then he deserves every bit of his 12wks!!

Do you really believe that people get suspensions for nothing?

Well I can tell you I got a four week suspension from the sideline  for using abusive language during an u14 game. I absolutely 100% did not use any form of abusive language and I pleaded my case before a committee. It fell on deaf ears. The comb-overs on these committee's have no interest in hearing your side of the story. I would have sworn on a bible that the ref was wrong but it still wouldn't have mattered.

So you think it's plausible that McGeeney went up to a ref agitated as witnessed by people at the game and said nothing abusive and that one of the top refs in Ireland ( regularly in the top 8) made up a load of lies of what he said, reported it and McGeeney got an unfair suspension??? You think that pile of nonsense is plausible?

AFS

Quote from: Itchy on April 28, 2017, 06:11:48 PM

Well I can tell you I got a four week suspension from the sideline  for using abusive language during an u14 game. I absolutely 100% did not use any form of abusive language and I pleaded my case before a committee. It fell on deaf ears. The comb-overs on these committee's have no interest in hearing your side of the story. I would have sworn on a bible that the ref was wrong but it still wouldn't have mattered.

So you think it's plausible that McGeeney went up to a ref agitated as witnessed by people at the game and said nothing abusive and that one of the top refs in Ireland ( regularly in the top 8) made up a load of lies of what he said, reported it and McGeeney got an unfair suspension??? You think that pile of nonsense is plausible?

The allegation is that McGeeney offended a linesman, not a referee. Nobody at the game 'witnessed' McGeeney going up to a ref 'agitated', because this did not happen. Perhaps, if you are so uncertain of the particulars of this issue, it might save you some embarrassment to not post anything else on this thread.

Itchy

Quote from: AFS on April 28, 2017, 07:00:21 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 28, 2017, 06:11:48 PM

The allegation is that McGeeney offended a linesman, not a referee. Nobody at the game 'witnessed' McGeeney going up to a ref 'agitated', because this did not happen. Perhaps, if you are so uncertain of the particulars of this issue, it might save you some embarrassment to not post anything else on this thread.

Ref or linesman it doesn't matter. You think they made up a load of rubbish just to "get" McGeeney? Ye really are obsessed with being victims. Sadly ye are crap at getting any benefit from this siege mentality.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: AFS on April 28, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
These posts are almost satirical. Between this forum and one other I've 'heard' four different accounts of what McGeeney is 'rumoured' to have said to the linesman and/or the referee. That's a lot of misinformation. Yet the people questioning the details of this issue are the 'muppets' who should 'take a hard look at themselves'.

Your point is articulate and well made, but unfortunately you're wasting your time. What you're dealing with here are bitter, small minded individuals who cannot debate these things in a reasonable manner without that bitterness coming through. Reasoned debate - as your post alluded to - is all but impossible.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2017, 09:33:04 PM

Your point is articulate and well made, but unfortunately you're wasting your time. What you're dealing with here are bitter, small minded individuals who cannot debate these things in a reasonable manner without that bitterness coming through. Reasoned debate - as your post alluded to - is all but impossible.

+1

Itchy

Why don't ye ask McGeeney what he said. Why doesn't he come out and tell us what it was so ye can all decide if 12 weeks was enough. Why don't Armagh county board tell us what he said?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2017, 04:26:15 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 27, 2017, 01:28:06 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on April 27, 2017, 01:03:39 PM
McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

Presuming that you are Tom from Tyrone as your username suggests, what were you doing situated in the dugout during a Div 3 league match involving Armagh and Antrim that allowed you to be privvy to the conversation. Or did you just decide to stick a couple of quotation marks around a made up sentence so that you could let on that you were there?

Not like the Tymoanies to make something up.
Coming from the man who was caught lying on here a number of times.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

Why are you getting so riled?  Are you rankled because McQuillan is from Cavan and you're standing up for your own?  You seem like the one with the victimhood complex.
That's just, like your opinion man.

smelmoth

It's impossible for us fans to know if he is guilty or not. We don't know what he said. Its pointless pretending to know what he said or condemning or defending him without the knowledge of what he said.

That said the content of the referee's report cannot just be dismissed.

Other punishments should only be used as context for this one if they were for the same offence and the severity of both offences known

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 28, 2017, 10:26:29 PM
Why don't ye ask McGeeney what he said. Why doesn't he come out and tell us what it was so ye can all decide if 12 weeks was enough. Why don't Armagh county board tell us what he said?

The process may be ongoing. At the end of it all he may be found innocent or accept his guilt. I'm not saying either is likely but they would at least draw a line under the matter. If he doesn't accept the outcome then I would expect some statement. After all the Board have been quick to issue statements in the past and if they hold the view that their county manager is innocent and banned for 12 weeks I cannot see why they stand down from the earlier willingness to go public.

I do accept that there is much evidence that siege mentalities achieve much. Especially for us