12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 27, 2017, 05:04:09 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 27, 2017, 05:00:09 PM
Any word on Stephen Beatty's suspension from the same game? If saying something bold to a linesman gets you 12 weeks, then f**king the ball at the ref and punching two opposition players in the space of ten seconds must merit a year or two on the sidelines. Strange that news of GAA suspensions comes out in dribs and drabs like this. Almost as if they're too embarrassed by the inconsistencies and disproportionalities to release information in a transparent, systematic manner.

The point is that no disciplinary matters are supposed to be made public, they are considered to be confidential matters.  It is always interesting how some are leaked and others are not.  As listed above the result of the cards issued in the league final have not been announced.

This confidentiality is a charter for doing whatever they want. A transparent process that openly publishes results would do a lot to dispel suspicions that some can find themselves on the end of inconsistent and inequitable treatment.

The issue here isn't the suspension, but the near certainty that others will perpetrate the same offence over the course of the summer but not find themselves on the end of the same punishment. It happens every year.

Itchy

I heard that he threatened the referee. He deserves what he got and you Armagh muppets with your victimhood complex should start to look at yourselves instead of blaming referees and whatever else yer having.

smelmoth

The county board are big on this sort of thing and quick to defend their own publicly. If he is innocent there will be a definitive statement. No statement means he is guilty and the conversation moves on to the proportionality of the punishment. You need to know the exact words used for that debate

ck

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
I heard that he threatened the referee. He deserves what he got and you Armagh muppets with your victimhood complex should start to look at yourselves instead of blaming referees and whatever else yer having.

Well said. These people blindly defending McGeeney and blaming everyone accept him should take a hard look at themselves. No-one gets 12wks for nothing. If he actually said what hes rumoured to have said then he deserves every bit of his 12wks!!

Taylor

As a neutral in this what I and a few others find baffling is the length of the ban considering what, for example, Davy Fitz got.
Surely the GAA have to be transparent and consistent?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2017, 05:50:28 AM

Well said. These people blindly defending McGeeney and blaming everyone accept him should take a hard look at themselves. No-one gets 12wks for nothing. If he actually said what hes rumoured to have said then he deserves every bit of his 12wks!!

Yes you can in the GAA.  Under GAA rules anything written in a referee's report cannot be contradicted even when it is wrong.  Only video evidence can be introduced to attempt to put a counter view but even then the referee's written report always is given a higher standard of evidence.

Owen Brannigan

Well share your knowledge of what happened and any idea of your source if it wasn't RedHandTom? Perhaps you were at the game and heard and observed what happened?

While you brand Armagh people as 'muppets with a victimhood complex' for questioning what happened, there appears to be a vindictiveness in others who are willing to condemn McGeeney without even a shred of first hand evidence, such hatred of an individual is disturbing.

mup

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2017, 05:50:28 AM

Do you really believe that people get suspensions for nothing?

Well I can tell you I got a four week suspension from the sideline  for using abusive language during an u14 game. I absolutely 100% did not use any form of abusive language and I pleaded my case before a committee. It fell on deaf ears. The comb-overs on these committee's have no interest in hearing your side of the story. I would have sworn on a bible that the ref was wrong but it still wouldn't have mattered.

Ethan Tremblay

Feel it is a bit harsh slating him even though nobody knows what he has said.  Marc O'Se made a good comment that the linesman should have addressed the situation there and then with the referee and it could have been dealt with.  Any one that has played GAA knows that managers and coaches get vocal on the sideline with officials, in most cases I've witnessed, the ref has told the manager/coach to leave the pitch and stand in the crowd or he would blow the game up and walk away. 

On the other side of the coin 12 weeks may sound excessive but effectively is only going to be a 2 game ban.  Further still Armagh will inevitably have Joe as an official again at some stage and we all know how he is going to sway when it comes to disputed 50/50 decisions.         
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

five points

The point is that no disciplinary matters are supposed to be made public, they are considered to be confidential matters.  It is always interesting how some are leaked and others are not.  As listed above the result of the cards issued in the league final have not been announced.

They're confidential to the point that the CCCC don't disclose them to the media or anyone else. If a player, manager or county board who gets a ban wish to tell the media, they are free to do so.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 28, 2017, 10:23:58 AM
Feel it is a bit harsh slating him even though nobody knows what he has said.

We don't need to know.  He's a gulpin/hallion from South Armagh.  An uneducated, ignorant savage by birthright.  During harder times they ate their own children ffs!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 28, 2017, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 28, 2017, 10:23:58 AM
Feel it is a bit harsh slating him even though nobody knows what he has said.

We don't need to know.  He's a gulpin/hallion from South Armagh.  An uneducated, ignorant savage by birthright.  During harder times they ate their own children ffs!

And we didn't even have salt!!!  The funny thing is that he's lived outside of south armagh longer than he has lived in it....if anything he's the least south armagh man you'd find round south armagh!!!

mackers

Quote from: AFS on April 27, 2017, 05:23:18 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 27, 2017, 05:00:09 PM
Any word on Stephen Beatty's suspension from the same game? If saying something bold to a linesman gets you 12 weeks, then f**king the ball at the ref and punching two opposition players in the space of ten seconds must merit a year or two on the sidelines. Strange that news of GAA suspensions comes out in dribs and drabs like this. Almost as if they're too embarrassed by the inconsistencies and disproportionalities to release information in a transparent, systematic manner.

This confidentiality is a charter for doing whatever they want. A transparent process that openly publishes results would do a lot to dispel suspicions that some can find themselves on the end of inconsistent and inequitable treatment.

The issue here isn't the suspension, but the near certainty that others will perpetrate the same offence over the course of the summer but not find themselves on the end of the same punishment. It happens every year.
For God's sake stop with this reasoned argument AFS.  It's much better craic getting stuck in with bitter crap and blindly slating people and where they're from with no evidence to back it up.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

mup

Quote from: RedHandTom on April 27, 2017, 01:03:39 PM
McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

You weren't allowed post this on another well known GAA Forum because of it being filtered.

You were determined to get it out in the public domain somewhere.

armaghniac

Quote from: mup on April 28, 2017, 12:04:46 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on April 27, 2017, 01:03:39 PM
McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

You weren't allowed post this on another well known GAA Forum because of it being filtered.

You were determined to get it out in the public domain somewhere.

I think he probably accused McQuillan of being a wannabe Meath man.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B