Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I'd say it's edited the whole way with it just thrown together without any thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Was nothing new... Brolly has consistently said 99% of that before.

Jim Bob

Wonder what the Dungiven ones think of him portraying each and every one of them as supporters of violent republican activities ?

AhNowRef

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 17, 2018, 11:59:43 PM
Wonder what the Dungiven ones think of him portraying each and every one of them as supporters of violent republican activities ?

Yep, was thinking that myself  ???

Seany

I have to say I think he answered some of the questions quite well, particularly the tough one about the GAA and unionism.  I think he left food for thought for unionists and how they have messed up with the RC middle class.  All the rest was a series of soundbites, poorly edited and with Mallie trying to steal the limelight.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Seany on January 17, 2018, 11:01:19 PM
The more you hear him giving off about SKY the more you realize he just wants more airtime for himself. Making very dangerous comments about Creggan GAA now, just after talking about the grassroots GAA and what they do.

What did he say Now!!!!

But rich, since I understand he put an injunction on a response from creggan. Injunction Joe not happy when someone challenges his version of events but he is happy to slag them off

haranguerer

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 18, 2018, 04:03:06 PM
Quote from: Seany on January 17, 2018, 11:01:19 PM
The more you hear him giving off about SKY the more you realize he just wants more airtime for himself. Making very dangerous comments about Creggan GAA now, just after talking about the grassroots GAA and what they do.

What did he say Now!!!!

But rich, since I understand he put an injunction on a response from creggan. Injunction Joe not happy when someone challenges his version of events but he is happy to slag them off

How on earth would he do that??

BennyCake

Did he not contradict himself re: Kevin Lynch? Brolly despises violence, criticises those who attacked Heffron, but is happy with the naming of the club after Lynch?

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on January 18, 2018, 05:49:12 PM
Did he not contradict himself re: Kevin Lynch? Brolly despises violence, criticises those who attacked Heffron, but is happy with the naming of the club after Lynch?

No, you see....you are looking at things in a 2 dimensional sense. Joe doesn't look at things that way.
That was never a square ball!!

Therealdonald

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 18, 2018, 06:08:48 PM

No, you see....you are looking at things in a 2 dimensional sense. Joe doesn't look at things that way.

So a man nearly at the top of his profession in the North, and he can't see things in a 2-D sense? You're opening up a can of worms regards to Kevin Lynch. There is a world of difference between both examples.

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2018, 11:22:15 PM
I'd say it's edited the whole way with it just thrown together without any thought

That could describe all locally made TV, to be fair.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 18, 2018, 06:12:26 PM

So a man nearly at the top of his profession in the North, and he can't see things in a 2-D sense? You're opening up a can of worms regards to Kevin Lynch. There is a world of difference between both examples.

That was Joe's answer.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Put a f**king muzzle on him day buck

theticklemister

" It was to commemorate the death of a 23-year-old (Kevin Lynch), who was one of us, regardless of his sins"

I wonder what the people of Dungiven would think of him saying 'sins'.

I'm not in the fecking country and I still cant get away from his shit

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 18, 2018, 06:50:10 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 18, 2018, 06:12:26 PM

That was Joe's answer.
Joe can look at an event and appreciate the multi dimensions, that's how he can select the dimension that fits his agenda and be good at his profession.
When confronted by a blatant contradiction, Joe can even find a dimension that enables him to minimise the import of that contradiction in the greater good of the moral crusade.