Maigh Eo V Muineachán 28/3/2010

Started by Main Street, March 22, 2010, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Castlebar
Referee: Rory Hickey
TG4 live coverage.

It's not hard to be humble about Monaghan's chances against hot favourites Mayo in this game.
Especially after Mayo winning away at Kerry and Monaghan only with a useful practice game under their belt against a misfiring Derry team.
Last time we met 4 years ago, a late Monaghan goal took away a little of the scoreboard gloss but not from Mayo's emphatic performance in outclassing Monaghan on the pitch.

If we don't lose by much, then 4 points might be enough to survive, I'm sure Banty will mention that in his pre-match talk ;D

Lar Naparka

Hey! Are you a relation of our Barney by any chance? ;D
It's just that the said Barney has perfected the art of starting off threads like these with a classic "Mayo, God help us" moan.
I just hope he doesn't get too upset over you beating him to the punch this time and getting your tale of woe online first.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

There is no good story from a Monaghan perspective.
We never had the good fortune to meet Mayo in Croke Park in recent times. ;D
We were spanked in the only league encounter  and now we have to travel that  mickey mouse journey  to Castlebar, at a time when by all accounts Mayo are oozing class and Mortimer is stroking them over the bar blindfold from all angles.
May the lord have mercy on us and may it be less than 4 or 5 point so we may have some hope of survival  before our last game in Tralee.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on March 22, 2010, 04:12:11 PM
We were spanked in the only league encounter  and now we have to travel that  mickey mouse journey  to Castlebar, at a time when by all accounts Mayo are oozing class and Mortimer is stroking them over the bar blindfold from all angles.
May the lord have mercy on us and may it be less than 4 or 5 point so we may have some hope of survival  before our last game in Tralee.

I have already asked the Pope to prepare a Pastoral Letter to include the last rites so ye can read it to yerselves at half time in Kerry. Such is the impending sense of doom that Mark Knopfler has renamed his band Dire 'but not as bad as Monaghan' Straits while some say Nostradamus reckoned the end of Monaghan will come long before the end of the world. Even George Lee is rumoured to have moved there.

But we are not buying it in Mayo.

MWWSI 2017

thebandit

Whatever hope there was of any sort of travelling Monaghan support going to Castlebar has been totally eradicated now that the game is on TG4. Are there many heading down on the Saturday night?

Main Street

Jaysus its getting worse now, no hope even of a Monaghan support :(

The last man standing will be Oliver Brady, surely to God Oliver will offer his support from the terraces, so the heads on the pitch won't bow too deeply.

Farrandeelin

To be honest, this is one game we could lose after our impressive exploits against Derry and Kerry away from home. It's also worth noting that Mayo haven't won at home in the league since February the 7th.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

I predict we lose this one & get a draw, via a conor point, down in cork
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 22, 2010, 10:50:47 PM

0-1 to 0-1?

Our defense needs  to up it.
MWWSI 2017

GrandMasterFlash

How many points do you boys need to ensure a final spot?? Not that that would have any bearing on the outcome of course..

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 22, 2010, 11:45:33 PM

How many points do you boys need to ensure a final spot?? Not that that would have any bearing on the outcome of course..

If we beat Cork that should do it. It works to take points off them as well as giving us 2. Also it might mean a Mayo v Dublin final, one we are more likely to win than if playing Cork, also it would give us a day out in Croker if it was Mayo v the Dubs, both sets of fans would come out in numbers knowing that both teams couldn't lose, could they  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

western exile

Quote from: thebandit on March 22, 2010, 05:00:57 PM
Whatever hope there was of any sort of travelling Monaghan support going to Castlebar has been totally eradicated now that the game is on TG4. Are there many heading down on the Saturday night?

That is one reason, but Monaghan supporters are not being encouraged to travel by the poster who started this thread  ;D
see highlighted quote!
Quote from: Main Street on March 22, 2010, 04:12:11 PM
see quote!

seafoid

A national league would be a great boosht for Mayo and Kerry are out of it
so you would have to fancy their chances.  When is the last time a connacht team won the football league? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2010, 03:12:51 PM
A national league would be a great boosht for Mayo and Kerry are out of it
so you would have to fancy their chances.  When is the last time a connacht team won the football league?

Main Street

The National League title would be great for Mayo, I hope you get the Dubs in the final.