Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

I think the odds this season about Celtic remaining unbeaten domestically are 16/1.I would say you would be offered at least 500/1 for this to be maintained up to the completion of ten in a row.

T Fearon

https://www.facebook.com/FIFAFootballAwards/posts/1541464732596324

Those of us who attend Celtic games regularly have every right to feel proud.This accolade is well deserved

Targetman

Have to agree, I was first in Celtic park in 1987 and have seen good and bad times but the one thing that never changed is the loyalty shown by Celtic supporters, now there's always gonna be a few headers that will buck that trend but generally we're welcomed anywhere anytime and create an atmosphere that no other club is capable of, Hail Hail!!

ashman

Some of the stuff here about Scottish soccer is utterly laughable .   The teams bar Celtic have been a joke in Europe for the last few seasons .  LOI teams have out performed then over the same period .   It is a poor enough league to be honest .

A lot of its fans here seek some reassurance that the English premier league is " a bubble" and "underrated " .

Main Street

Quote from: Targetman on October 23, 2017, 09:19:40 PM
Have to agree, I was first in Celtic park in 1987 and have seen good and bad times but the one thing that never changed is the loyalty shown by Celtic supporters, now there's always gonna be a few headers that will buck that trend but generally we're welcomed anywhere anytime and create an atmosphere that no other club is capable of, Hail Hail!!
Maybe the award was deserved as Celtic were one of the 3 nominated, however, the voting criteria is highly questionable as in all probability the award goes to the club whose fans are more voting proficient.
In any event, the Green Brigade were superb.
Slightly ironic though that it comes the same day Celtic are fined by uefa for a drunken fan's assault on a player.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on October 24, 2017, 02:18:40 AM
Maybe the award was deserved as Celtic were one of the 3 nominated, however, the voting criteria is highly questionable as in all probability the award goes to the club whose fans are more voting proficient.
Slightly ironic though that it comes the same day Celtic are fined by uefa for a drunken fan's assault on a player.

I know he admitted to assault but to actually call it an assault is a bitmuch

stew

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 24, 2017, 11:01:26 AM

Attempted assault is more apt, it shamed the club and being drunk is no excuse for idiocy of this kind, that said, there are times when I would have loved to punch that hateful wee bastard in the head!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Quote from: stew on October 24, 2017, 12:15:17 PM

Attempted assault is more apt, it shamed the club and being drunk is no excuse for idiocy of this kind, that said, there are times when I would have loved to punch that hateful wee b**tard in the head!

Right Stew, that's enough. Leave Tony out of this ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Attempted assault is more apt, it shamed the club and being drunk is no excuse for idiocy of this kind, that said, there are times when I would have loved to punch that hateful wee b**tard in the head!
In the real world it was a botched attempt at assault, in the legal world he admitted to the charge of assault.
It's a relief that such an isolated act of madness by a supporter was treated with relative leniency by Uefa.

stew

Quote from: Main Street on October 25, 2017, 12:52:36 AM

In the real world it was a botched attempt at assault, in the legal world he admitted to the charge of assault.
It's a relief that such an isolated act of madness by a supporter was treated with relative leniency by Uefa.

In the real world he attempted to assault a player, he failed ergo, attempted assault! Simples.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 23, 2017, 08:41:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/FIFAFootballAwards/posts/1541464732596324

Those of us who attend Celtic games regularly have every right to feel proud.This accolade is well deserved

wasn't it for a one off display and voted for by the fans?

illdecide

Big game tonight, I hope Celtic can beat them well tonight and let them know their place. Can't afford to give them a sniff, would be really nice to keep this unbeaten (domestic) run going...Aberdeen have been preparing for this game for almost 2 weeks now and have had extra rest for their players, their manager say's they're ready...Lets see
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2017, 01:56:40 PM
Big game tonight, I hope Celtic can beat them well tonight and let them know their place. Can't afford to give them a sniff, would be really nice to keep this unbeaten (domestic) run going...Aberdeen have been preparing for this game for almost 2 weeks now and have had extra rest for their players, their manager say's they're ready...Lets see

I agree. Hope we really turn it on and put 3/4 past them. However, Id settle for a scrappy 1-0 win with a dodgy penalty