?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: michaelg on June 26, 2017, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: red hander on June 26, 2017, 05:12:26 PM
Any price on the size of the fine Uefa will hit Linfield with for sectarian chanting/banners?
Probably similar to what Celtic get fined, pretty much on an annual basis.

For sectarian chanting/banners?

Main Street

Fined for banners of a non-football nature and general pyromania, not sectarian related

Flying Palestinian flags v Hapoel in the CL qualifier was a mere €9,000 but a Bobby Sands and William Wallace "The terrorist or the dreamer" banner display earned a top of the line fine at €50,000.

Hectic

Aware of that alright. Just wanted to hear the detail from michaelg.

Same uniformed tired old shite.

michaelg

Quote from: Hectic on June 26, 2017, 07:18:17 PM

How am I uninformed?  Just because I didn't list the specific fines?  Get a grip.

Hectic

For sectarian chanting/banners?

Hectic

Perhaps you could have said fines for sectarian chanting/banners would be on a par with fines for smoke bombs or showing solidarity with the people of Palestine?

red hander

Quote from: michaelg on June 26, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
Quote from: Hectic on June 26, 2017, 07:18:17 PM

How am I uninformed?  Just because I didn't list the specific fines?  Get a grip.

You're uninformed because the fines weren't for sectarian chanting/banners. On one occasion Celtic got fined for displaying Palestinian flags when playing Ajax. Ajax fans displayed Israeli flags. Ajax wasn't fined. I've no doubt the Linfield fans will do their club proud should the match happen, and Europe will get a glimpse of what lovely people they really are

michaelg

Quote from: Hectic on June 26, 2017, 07:46:42 PM
Perhaps you could have said fines for sectarian chanting/banners would be on a par with fines for smoke bombs or showing solidarity with the people of Palestine?
Your last post makes no sense.  You can't deny that Celtic have had their fair share of fines for sectarian chanting / banners over the years.

Hectic

ned

Quote from: Hectic on June 26, 2017, 08:59:45 PM
Define fair share first.

Also define which chants or banners were sectarian?

T Fearon

There needs to be a strong UEFA monitor.I suspect a couple of early Celtic goals will dampen the enthusiasm of the natives though

michaelg

Define fair share first.
A quick Google search shows that there were UEFA fines for sectarian chanting in 2008 and 2011. 2 times in the last 10 years, would be a fair share in my book.

T Fearon

I thought if clubs could show they took all reasonable steps to stamp out sectarianism,they were in the clear.I am on record regarding my distaste of a section of the Celtic support using games to express political sentiments.

Main Street

Quote from: michaelg on June 26, 2017, 09:39:33 PM
Define fair share first.
A quick Google search shows that there were UEFA fines for sectarian chanting in 2008 and 2011. 2 times in the last 10 years, would be a fair share in my book.
At no time ever was/were Celtic fc charged or fined by Uefa with sectarian chanting.
Read the charge sheet not the news reports sheets.

Hectic

I have had my fair share of michaelg's abuse for one day.