Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Tierney doesnt know what's going on there, looks concussed.

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2017, 05:21:33 PM
Tierney doesnt know what's going on there, looks concussed.
Probably painkillers, with a local anesthetic in the mix.

Excellent 2nd half to end the season with another high, that Aberdeen made them work hard for it, made it all the sweeter.

ONeill

That was some season by Rodgers and Celtic
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Especially the year that was in it. I know Brendan and he will be delighted. I suppose the big big challenge is to see if we could make the last 16 in Europe next year. Now that would be something!

From the Bunker

Last 16 of the Champions League is a huge ask bar a very favourable group draw. Finishing 3rd in group and a good Europa League run would be great!

Main Street

BBC

Brendan's speech from the pitch side,  "I was born into Celtic"

Q "the club has fallen in love with you and I get the feeling you have fallen in love with the club?"

Brendan "No, I was born into Celtic, there has been no growing, only pride for me and a huge privilege to manage at Celtic. I was born into Celtic, into a Celtic family and always wanted to manage Celtic, to come here now  was just the right time for me  and  the club, we have created an identity this season and hopefully we can build upon this and improve over the coming years, to achieve what we achieved this year is a really spectacular achievement."

ned

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2017, 11:23:12 PM
BBC

Brendan's speech from the pitch side,  "I was born into Celtic"

Q "the club has fallen in love with you and I get the feeling you have fallen in love with the club?"

Brendan "No, I was born into Celtic, there has been no growing, only pride for me and a huge privilege to manage at Celtic. I was born into Celtic, into a Celtic family and always wanted to manage Celtic, to come here now  was just the right time for me  and  the club, we have created an identity this season and hopefully we can build upon this and improve over the coming years, to achieve what we achieved this year is a really spectacular achievement."

What a man. The realisation that we had done it when Rogic scored was immense. That quote should be at the top of every page on this thread.

Hectic

Aberdeen made us work for it but in doing so emptied the tank on 65 to 70 mins. Rogic as cool as you like with his finish when others had been snapping. HH.

T Fearon

Yes,just as Robbie Keane was born into Wolves,Coventry,Leeds,Spurs,Inter Milan,Liverpool etc....

I note that Brendan is not too high a price on the betting list to be the next manager at Sunderland or Crystal Palace.Does anyone really believe he would turn down a job at the likes of Southampton for example if a route back to England presented itself.

I was not overly impressed that it took well into injury time yesterday to finally crack an inferior team in the Scottish Cup Final,to save the embarrassment of extra time.In Lisbon,a truly great Celtic team cracked an arguably superior team comfortably before the 90th minute.

omaghjoe

Well done Celtic, unbeaten treble fantastic stuff

snoopdog

Quote from: T Fearon on May 28, 2017, 08:01:15 AM
Yes,just as Robbie Keane was born into Wolves,Coventry,Leeds,Spurs,Inter Milan,Liverpool etc....

I note that Brendan is not too high a price on the betting list to be the next manager at Sunderland or Crystal Palace.Does anyone really believe he would turn down a job at the likes of Southampton for example if a route back to England presented itself.

I was not overly impressed that it took well into injury time yesterday to finally crack an inferior team in the Scottish Cup Final,to save the embarrassment of extra time.In Lisbon,a truly great Celtic team cracked an arguably superior team comfortably before the 90th minute.
I am not a Celtic fan or a Brendan Rogers fan. But your opinion of the man is ludicrous he has just gone a domestic season without losing. Regardless of a poor rangers team that is a fantastic achievement and a great way to honour the Lisbon lions. I would doubt he would leave celtic and champions league football for Southampton or crystal palace.  Last 16 in the CL and a repeat Treble will be his goal next season. Fantastic achievement. 

Question under related to Rogers. Why are Celtic releasing a commerative jersey for Lisbon for next season when this was the 50th anniversary? Did they forget they biggest year in their history.?

Hectic

Ah Tony, away and get your breakfast. Maybe today will be a better day.

T Fearon

Just to re iterate.Winning the treble and remaining unbeaten domestically is a flawless achievement.But is this really worth over praising given that the manager is on £45k weekly and has a vastly superior player budget,infrastructure,fan base,tradition,billionaire owner etc than all of the domestic rivals?

A circumspect analysis of the season reveals that the domestic success starkly contrasts with the huge failure in Europe,which saw our worst ever defeat margin and arguably our most embarrassing defeat to a part time team.

An objective analysis therefore reveals that the easy things were done flawlessly but the real challenges were failed miserably,and this is where vast improvement is needed.

tonto1888

Quote from: snoopdog on May 28, 2017, 08:25:56 AM

I am not a Celtic fan or a Brendan Rogers fan. But your opinion of the man is ludicrous he has just gone a domestic season without losing. Regardless of a poor rangers team that is a fantastic achievement and a great way to honour the Lisbon lions. I would doubt he would leave celtic and champions league football for Southampton or crystal palace.  Last 16 in the CL and a repeat Treble will be his goal next season. Fantastic achievement. 

Question under related to Rogers. Why are Celtic releasing a commerative jersey for Lisbon for next season when this was the 50th anniversary? Did they forget they biggest year in their history.?

Although we won it in 1967 we were champions for the 67/68 season hence the top being released for the 17/18 season. I think