TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

...and we've had Tuco Salamanca and the mad twins/cousins.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

leenie

Like others I'm always behind when it comes to shows...
Finished boardwalk empire .. brilliant show and fantastic ending - never expected that.. well impressed.

Now I need a new one ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Owen Brannigan

Bosch Season 3 available on Amazon Prime

The Stallion

Quote from: leenie on April 22, 2017, 11:34:59 AM
Finished boardwalk empire .. brilliant show and fantastic ending - never expected that.. well impressed.

Now I need a new one ?

A few suggestions, happy to narrow it down if you're after a certain genre:

Drama:
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
True Detective (Season 1)
Fargo
Black Mirror
In Treatment

Comedy:
The Trip
Curb your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords
Veep
Silicon Valley

One to watch with the wife /girlfriend that turns out to be better than you expected:
The Good Wife
Orange is the new Black
Big Little Lies

Subtitled Drama:
The Bridge
The Killing
Spiral

Owen Brannigan

Happy Valley (Seasons 1& 2)

nrico2006

Gus was in the latest episode of Saul. Also the possibility of the show going beyond BB as there are clips of Saul in the future keeping a low profile.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

Quote from: The Stallion on April 22, 2017, 11:51:52 AM

Now I need a new one ?

Drama:
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Fargo
Black Mirror
In Treatment

Comedy:
The Trip
Curb your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords
Veep
Silicon Valley

One to watch with the wife /girlfriend that turns out to be better than you expected:
The Good Wife
Orange is the new Black
Big Little Lies

Subtitled Drama
The Bridge
The Killing
Spiral
Not a bb fan but loved mad men - black mirror
I'd say the next one Is between either the wire / fargo ..

As a female ;D - I like well written / well acted shows - v fussy on my comedy's - but will give one of them a go
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

JimStynes

Watched Good Behaviour on a flight home from America. 9 episodes I think. Decent show about a girl out of prison trying to win back her son but also gets mixed up along with a hitman.

macdanger2

Just finished the first season of Ray Donovan, very good series

The Stallion

Quote from: leenie on April 23, 2017, 10:33:40 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on April 22, 2017, 11:51:52 AM

Now I need a new one ?

Drama:
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Fargo
Black Mirror
In Treatment

Comedy:
The Trip
Curb your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords
Veep
Silicon Valley

The Good Wife
Orange is the new Black
Big Little Lies

Subtitled Drama
The Bridge
The Killing
Spiral
Not a bb fan but loved mad men - black mirror
I'd say the next one Is between either the wire / fargo ..

As a female ;D - I like well written / well acted shows - v fussy on my comedy's - but will give one of them a go

If you decide to watch the Wire be sure to persevere theough the first couple of episodes which aren't great to be honest. After that it gets a lot better. Well written and some brilliant characters.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2017, 03:17:19 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 18, 2017, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 12, 2017, 01:08:09 PM
He's back - 
Better Call Saul S.3 just started the other day.
I'm a very late comer to Breaking Bad. Not long into Season 3. Do I watch them all to very end first, or does Better Call Saul start before the final series of BB ends? 

BCS is Saul's life (as Jimmy McGill, his real name) before BB starts. It's not necessary to watch BB to understand and fully appreciate BCS in its own right and the storylines don't interlink at all, so far. Inevitably, familiarity with Saul in BB enriches the BCS experience but it's not in any way necessary to see all of BB before watching BCS. Mike from BB is also a leading character in BCS and we're told Gus Fring makes his appearance this series.
I'd say Hound should stay on the trail to the end with BB seeing as he's at S3 and don't intermingle BB with BCS.
He can watch BCS after he's finished with BB.

The storylines from both series do naturally interlink because BCS is a prequel not a spin off, but the storylines are not interlinked to a spoiling extent. Knowing what happens in BB does not  spoil your viewing of BCS.

Newbridge Exile

Line of duty maintaining  the high standards of the first 3 series , brilliant show

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 24, 2017, 01:26:08 PM
Line of duty maintaining  the high standards of the first 3 series , brilliant show

But who da hell has killed the girls? or anyone for that matter??? is a cracking show

the lawyer has had two brilliant lines (put downs) calling Dunbar Pasley and your man Ironside
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 01:35:10 PM

But who da hell has killed the girls? or anyone for that matter??? is a cracking show

the lawyer has had two brilliant lines (put downs) calling Dunbar Pasley and your man Ironside

I'm late to it and don't know who's been killed and by whom, but its gripping in fairness will all the skullduggery and backhandedness, you don't know who's covering for who all the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2017, 01:37:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 01:35:10 PM

I'm late to it and don't know who's been killed and by whom, but its gripping in fairness will all the skullduggery and backhandedness, you don't know who's covering for who all the time.

You're ok Johnney, know one knows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea