County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 01, 2023, 08:45:17 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 01, 2023, 08:15:55 PMAlan O Mara New York manager, ex Cavan goalkeeper.

Same guy that shared a brave and honest account of his experience of depression and how alcohol began to worsen his mental health?

Yeah he had a book about his battle with depression alright.

FermGael

Declan Bonner new Erne Gaels manager.
Probably the most high profile club manager in Fermanagh in my memory
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Brendan

Quote from: FermGael on December 31, 2023, 03:08:24 PMDeclan Bonner new Erne Gaels manager.

It's a wonder he'd work with a team in the 6 counties after what was said in the Ill fated Ulster campaign for Na Rossa

Derryman forever

Quote from: Brendan on December 31, 2023, 05:22:25 PM
Quote from: FermGael on December 31, 2023, 03:08:24 PMDeclan Bonner new Erne Gaels manager.

It's a wonder he'd work with a team in the 6 counties after what was said in the Ill fated Ulster campaign for Na Rossa

What???

Blowitupref

Jerome Stack has stepped down as St Brigids manager after two years in charge of the All-Ireland finalists. Former manager and resident Anthony Cunningham his expected replacement.

Anthony Cunningham confirmed as their new manager today (Friday)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

shawshank

Quote from: Brendan on December 31, 2023, 05:22:25 PM

Well said

Wildweasel74

Doubt Dooher have much time for Tyrone next year saying he appointed NI chief vet.

Rossfan

Will he have more time as he'll  be in Head Office directing all his underlings?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LC

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 07, 2024, 11:04:40 PMDoubt Dooher have much time for Tyrone next year saying he appointed NI chief vet.

Fair play to him, I see he already was the deputy so probably had a fair bit on his plate.

Not too often you would see an inter county manager operating at a very high level also in their professional career, obviously not in it for the mileage money.  The only similar example I can think of would be Pat Gilroy.

illdecide

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 07, 2024, 11:04:40 PMDoubt Dooher have much time for Tyrone next year saying he appointed NI chief vet.

Ehh, hello. A Civil Servant and no time to themselves does not go together. That's why they join the Civil Service, they'll have all the time in the World to do their "Other Work"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

yellowcard

Quote from: illdecide on March 08, 2024, 09:46:09 AM

Ehh, hello. A Civil Servant and no time to themselves does not go together. That's why they join the Civil Service, they'll have all the time in the World to do their "Other Work"

Dooher is not a back office administrator who has little responsibility or accountability. He is the chief vet in the province and he didn't get that job by sitting on his hands and knees so I think that is unfair.

It's very unusual to see an intercounty manager who is not using the GAA as a career tool and both he and Logan deserve a lot of credit for that as it must be stressful and challenging trying to combine the two roles. You need not look any further than Logans recent health issues to realise the difficulties of combining a busy professional career with a county managers role. 

fearsiuil

Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2024, 12:01:25 PM

Dooher is not a back office administrator who has little responsibility or accountability. He is the chief vet in the province and he didn't get that job by sitting on his hands and knees so I think that is unfair.

It's very unusual to see an intercounty manager who is not using the GAA as a career tool and both he and Logan deserve a lot of credit for that as it must be stressful and challenging trying to combine the two roles. You need not look any further than Logans recent health issues to realise the difficulties of combining a busy professional career with a county managers role. 

Which province is that a mhac?

illdecide

Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2024, 12:01:25 PM

Fair enough, prob was a bit harsh there but still they get some time off and Flexi time etc. I'm sure he will have a team around him to delegate the workload too. I reckon he'd have time for calls etc during working hours
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch