China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6th sam

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2020, 05:57:54 PM
An rud a scríobhann an Púca léann sé féin é.
😂 Maith  thú

larryin89

Anyone watching this "life after the pandemic " on sky news ?

Good god , life is over as we knew according to these guys . I don't get all this craic , why can't we return to life as we knew it at some time , why is there such a determination with some that it will never be the same ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

trailer

Quote from: larryin89 on June 04, 2020, 09:28:26 PM
Anyone watching this "life after the pandemic " on sky news ?

Good god , life is over as we knew according to these guys . I don't get all this craic , why can't we return to life as we knew it at some time , why is there such a determination with some that it will never be the same ?

People love the uncertainty and disruption. Usually scientists and civil servants who are guaranteed a salary regardless. The  people will decide. And at this point they've stopped listening to the UK government and it would also appear the Irish government as well.

tbrick18

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 04, 2020, 04:09:51 PM
Brick what do you say of all the other European countries opening up quicker and no spike? They are leaving 2 weeks instead of 3
I do think of the poor people who have been affected by Covid. I absolutely feel for each and every one of those people.
Being to cautious will effectively close businesses which effectively will cause death also. I am not saying to open all up just speed things up.

It's not comparable at all.
UK has been hit worse than any of this countries in Europe and didn't implement a lock down as quickly or as tightly as jtaly/spain/Germany.
So they are easing lock down from a different base line.
How about looking at some of the countries like South Korea that had an extraordinary response to this, almost back to normal but have seen outbreaks linked to schools.
UK government in particular has been a complete shambles in managing this crisis so you could have no confidence in anything they report.
NI assembly finally got their act together but still have a much higher death rate than roi.
The bigger risk, in my opinion, is not that we don't come out quick enough it's that we come out so quick we get the second phase and it's much worse.
The appetite of the population to enter a full lock down, if you could even call what we had a full lock down when you compare to other countries, should a second wave come will be very low. This will result in higher death rates.

My parents are in their 60s with underlying Conditions. If things are so safe right now, why are they and all the other people who are shielding still being kept in more of a lock down than the majority of us were ever in?

Smurfy123

Lockdown for the shielding ends on Monday
You made a few very good points and even for me I couldn't disagree with
The key with the unlocking of lockdown is track and trace. This needs to be really on the money as it basically puts out any fires
Agree the British government are shockingly poor
Everything they have done has been so poor to date
Lockdown late
Track trace scrapped early on
Face guards late
PPE LATE
Easing lockdown to early

The list goes on

Taylor

Not sure if there is an answer out there but why is England waiting until 15th June to make it mandatory to wear facemasks on public transport?

Is there a medical reason or whats the story? Suppose they did the same with quarantine (date in the future) but cant find an actual reason for the delay in doing it

HiMucker

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 08:03:15 AM
Lockdown for the shielding ends on Monday
You made a few very good points and even for me I couldn't disagree with
The key with the unlocking of lockdown is track and trace. This needs to be really on the money as it basically puts out any fires
Agree the British government are shockingly poor
Everything they have done has been so poor to date
Lockdown late
Track trace scrapped early on
Face guards late
PPE LATE
Easing lockdown to early

The list goes on
Is Monday not the day they are finally allowed to go outside? Still not advised to meet anyone. Thats hardly lockdown ending for them. If anything thats just the same thing, as most elderly people still went out for walks and that anyway.

Smurfy123

No
4 people allowed inside shielded houses in the south from Monday
The British government were in a great position that they were 3 weeks behind everyone else so should have been able to learn from others
They have completely lost control of this and an enquiry when it happens will not look good on them

Rossfan

Per the HSE 140 confirmed Covid cases in Hospital this morning in the 26.
37 in ICU, not clear if they are part of the 140 or in addition to them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

3 confirmed cases in the north today along with 1 death which was backdated
0 deaths in 2 days in the north
Great news
Stick at it
Keep the distance
We are beating this

tbrick18

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 02:12:38 PM
3 confirmed cases in the north today along with 1 death which was backdated
0 deaths in 2 days in the north
Great news
Stick at it
Keep the distance
We are beating this

Hadn't see the figures, but that is good news.
Assuming the 3 confirmed cases are hospital cases? I'd assume that means they can reliably work out roughly how many people in the population are currently infected (but dont need hospital).

Milltown Row2

The rates have dropped for the last 5 weeks.

First wave done, hopefully the second wave doesn't come and we can get back to normal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

A new normal milltown
As far as I know the 3 are confirmed cases in and out of hospitals. I know in the south they count all positive results. Something like 13% of all cases need hospital treatment.
Would that be right?

tbrick18

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 02:22:15 PM
A new normal milltown
As far as I know the 3 are confirmed cases in and out of hospitals. I know in the south they count all positive results. Something like 13% of all cases need hospital treatment.
Would that be right?

So assuming worst case scenario and all 3 are in hospital, those 3 make up 13% of total infected. Roughly 23 infected in NI.
Keeping R below 1 now is key when we've got this far.

Rois

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 05, 2020, 02:24:38 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 02:22:15 PM
A new normal milltown
Would that be right?

So assuming worst case scenario and all 3 are in hospital, those 3 make up 13% of total infected. Roughly 23 infected in NI.
Keeping R below 1 now is key when we've got this far.
BBC reporting that there are 55 patients in total being treated for confirmed or suspected cases (10 of whom are in ICU).
There are 3 NEW cases identified between yesterday morn and this morn.  Not 3 in hospital.