Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2014, 04:45:01 PM
That can't be, surely. Even the mathematics of that would be huge odds:1 that you could do it.

Quote from: deiseach on February 14, 2014, 04:56:35 PM
The season record in the matchday programme must be a mess.
I wonder how the staff in the corporate boxes in the theatre of nightmares have adjusted to the new mediocrity. Presumably spivs in the City are not going as often as they would have  last year either.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2014, 05:16:05 PM
That can't be, surely. Even the mathematics of that would be huge odds:1 that you could do it.

I wonder how the staff in the corporate boxes in the theatre of nightmares have adjusted to the new mediocrity. Presumably spivs in the City are not going as often as they would have  last year either.

Corn beef instead of prawn sandwiches I reckon!

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2014, 05:44:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

Corn beef instead of prawn sandwiches I reckon!
Champagne toasts when they pull a goal back against Sunderland.

muppet

Imagine you start with a team of:

A
BCDE
FGHI
JK.

By changing one outfield player for the next ten matches starting with (for example) L for B, then M for C etc. you would have played 11 matches with different teams, with 21 different players. (i.e. After game 1 you just change each of the outfield ten giving 11 different teams)

Now start again with V in goal for the 12th match giving:

V

BCDE
FGHI
JK

Then for the next 10 games again rotate L for B, M for C etc and that gets you 22 games.

Then take a player, say 'W' back from injury who hasn't played yet and he plays up front:

A

BCDE
FGHI
JW

That is 23 and then rotate V for A, L for B, M for C again for the next 10 games, that is 34 games with 23 players.

By doing the same with just one more player each time you can get 10 further games each time. Thus with only 24 players you could in theory have 45 different selections. And that is with very fixed positions (e.g. J only selected as a striker) it would be even more possible selections if, for example, you dropped J into midfield and re-selected K to play upfront with W. In fact that looks like a good team!

It would be a ridiculous selection policy, but then again..............
MWWSI 2017

worn down

You have too much time on your hands.

muppet

Quote from: worn down on February 14, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

Welcome.

You remind me of the first time I saw the inside of a bar.

I thought: They don't just sit there and drink, do they?

Your round.
MWWSI 2017

Apparently so

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2014, 06:17:08 PM

Imagine you start with a team of:

A
BCDE
FGHI
JK.

By changing one outfield player for the next ten matches starting with (for example) L for B, then M for C etc. you would have played 11 matches with different teams, with 21 different players. (i.e. After game 1 you just change each of the outfield ten giving 11 different teams)

Now start again with V in goal for the 12th match giving:

V

BCDE
FGHI
JK

Then for the next 10 games again rotate L for B, M for C etc and that gets you 22 games.

Then take a player, say 'W' back from injury who hasn't played yet and he plays up front:

A

BCDE
FGHI
JW

That is 23 and then rotate V for A, L for B, M for C again for the next 10 games, that is 34 games with 23 players.

By doing the same with just one more player each time you can get 10 further games each time. Thus with only 24 players you could in theory have 45 different selections. And that is with very fixed positions (e.g. J only selected as a striker) it would be even more possible selections if, for example, you dropped J into midfield and re-selected K to play upfront with W. In fact that looks like a good team!

It would be a ridiculous selection policy, but then again..............

Good grief

worn down

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2014, 08:22:38 PM

Welcome.

Your round.

sometimes we go to the toilet when our counterparts begin to bore us.

snoopdog

I see Renee got the boot at Fulham already

TabClear

Quote from: snoopdog on February 14, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
I see Renee got the boot at Fulham already

that's a joke. whenyou look at what happened malky at Cardiff there are some clowns in charge at premier leagueq clubs

under the bar

I'd hope Fergie and everyone else in authority will do their utmost to get  Renee Mulensteen back to United to help Moyes steady the ship and restore the winning psychology.   You can't expect to run Ferrari on your own having been in charge of Ford the week before!!

muppet

Quote from: worn down on February 14, 2014, 09:07:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2014, 08:22:38 PM

Welcome.

Your round.

sometimes we go to the toilet when our counterparts begin to bore us.

We all have our guilty pleasures.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

TabClear

Quote from: under the bar on February 14, 2014, 11:03:50 PM
I'd hope Fergie and everyone else in authority will do their utmost to get  Renee Mulensteen back to United to help Moyes steady the ship and restore the winning psychology.   You can't expect to run Ferrari on your own having been in charge of Ford the week before!!

Fergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him.

he's posted his hospital pass now just go.

under the bar

QuoteFergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him

I'm sure Moyes has more to occupy his time than watching United games on Super Sunday...

TabClear

Quote from: under the bar on February 14, 2014, 11:46:04 PM
QuoteFergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him

I'm sure Moyes has more to occupy his time than watching United games on Super Sunday...

I'm sure he does as well.But you think  the constant media focus on the ex manager is helping then?