Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Bell back on the squad and raised a few eyebrows amongst the players I believe!
Not sure about Michael kettle.
Strange one given efforts all year.
No return for Hamill or Close.

The slaughtneil conundrum won't be answered until the teams hit the grass on Sunday. Which team can lift it more with something different from the last day?
Is it a step too far for slaughtneil after their incredible efforts?
Did they miss the boat the first day?
Is Loughgiel a deciding factor as "home" venue?

getevennotcross

I dont think so btdtgtt, Slaughtneil still have a great chance regardless of the venue.  I dare say they will go at it hammer and tongs and put in a stiff performance, they have nothing to fear if you ask me.  Cushendall have so much more to prove than Slaughtneil, me thinks.  Well, off to the Gravediggers later, maybe the learned one will enlighten us all with tactics for Sunday.

btdtgtt

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 24, 2014, 08:37:21 PM
I dont think so btdtgtt, Slaughtneil still have a great chance regardless of the venue.  I dare say they will go at it hammer and tongs and put in a stiff performance, they have nothing to fear if you ask me.  Cushendall have so much more to prove than Slaughtneil, me thinks.  Well, off to the Gravediggers later, maybe the learned one will enlighten us all with tactics for Sunday.

You could be right - I don't know.
There's so many permutations going in to this game.
Is Mac's getting much of turn?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
WTF is this Knight, Opus Dei crap, is it an Antrim thing?

I know a few ex-county chairmen, might have to ask them if there's any truth in it.

i'mm a bit cynical about Antrim county Board hierarchy being members of these religious orders for the sake of personal gain and power trips.

they way our county board has handled things recently id say they don't have the credentials  to get initiated to a religious order that requires a certain amount of morals,honesty and loyalty

even those Monty Python knights look a bit to clever for them. Cant be-leave they have signed casement away and the handling of Dunsilly is a joke

Is anybody on here a club committee member and has your club delegate been informed of these misdemeanors on a regular basis, if not then why
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 24, 2014, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 24, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

You could be right - I don't know.
There's so many permutations going in to this game.
Is Mac's getting much of turn?
I wouldn't think so.  Patrons vary from week to week and I don't think he will be making his millions, although a lot nicer clientele than the Rock and the pints are not bad.  The bar staff are a bit shifty though.  I only live around the corner so handy all the same.

worn down

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 24, 2014, 09:34:19 PM

I know a few ex-county chairmen, might have to ask them if there's any truth in it.

i'mm a bit cynical about Antrim county Board hierarchy being members of these religious orders for the sake of personal gain and power trips.

they way our county board has handled things recently id say they don't have the credentials  to get initiated to a religious order that requires a certain amount of morals,honesty and loyalty

even those Monty Python knights look a bit to clever for them. Cant be-leave they have signed casement away and the handling of Dunsilly is a joke

Is anybody on here a club committee member and has your club delegate been informed of these misdemeanors on a regular basis, if not then why
Well it is really typical of what goes on in the weil west.  County Board are like the Shinners, Priests, Knights etc, full of gangsters, Paedos, undesirables, con men, etc, etc.  But typical of our people in west Belfast and West Belfast people in general, they will vote them all back in tomorrow again.  They all, C/Board, Knights, Priests, SF Rapists, Paedos, Con Men have done terrible things in our community and feel the can act with impunity.  Its time the gaa clubs and people of west belfast, wised up to themselves and stopped being oppressed by such tyrants.

Thats why I work in England.  They broke into my house, stole my celtic cross, my van with all my tools, kids notebooks, wife's jewelry and they know who done it.  But just like the (SF) rapists and (Priest) paedos they are shipped across the border.  I am seriously thinking of moving out of the west altogether, but where do you go?  Shinners, GAA, Knights, Priests have conned us all, makes me bloody sick.  But I just love all things GAA and they cant take that away from me.  My brother was in the Knights years ago, I would not have put him in charge of a childs money box. I am also of the opinion the Knights and other secret societies as such, are made up of degenerates, feel gooders, do gooders who would eventually slit your throat for a dollar.  All in it for their own ends.  Apologies about the rant, but when you have seen the things I have seen in the weil west, and all the wrongs which have been dished out to the good people of the west belfast, it just makes me so disgusted.

You sir, are a c**k.

getevennotcross

Quote from: worn down on October 25, 2014, 12:29:58 AM

Well it is really typical of what goes on in the weil west.  County Board are like the Shinners, Priests, Knights etc, full of gangsters, Paedos, undesirables, con men, etc, etc.  But typical of our people in west Belfast and West Belfast people in general, they will vote them all back in tomorrow again.  They all, C/Board, Knights, Priests, SF Rapists, Paedos, Con Men have done terrible things in our community and feel the can act with impunity.  Its time the gaa clubs and people of west belfast, wised up to themselves and stopped being oppressed by such tyrants.

Thats why I work in England.  They broke into my house, stole my celtic cross, my van with all my tools, kids notebooks, wife's jewelry and they know who done it.  But just like the (SF) rapists and (Priest) paedos they are shipped across the border.  I am seriously thinking of moving out of the west altogether, but where do you go?  Shinners, GAA, Knights, Priests have conned us all, makes me bloody sick.  But I just love all things GAA and they cant take that away from me.  My brother was in the Knights years ago, I would not have put him in charge of a childs money box. I am also of the opinion the Knights and other secret societies as such, are made up of degenerates, feel gooders, do gooders who would eventually slit your throat for a dollar.  All in it for their own ends.  Apologies about the rant, but when you have seen the things I have seen in the weil west, and all the wrongs which have been dished out to the good people of the west belfast, it just makes me so disgusted.

You sir, are a c**k.
well , truth hurts I suppose, I wonder which category you fell into above?

Gizzy15

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 25, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

You sir, are a c**k.

::) . Someone had a few shandy's.  Bit strong all the same and a lot of generalisations about groups of people. Laying all the blame on people of West Belfast is a bit random and in my view out of order.

north_antrim_hound

Celtic cross there's no room on this board for those kind of twisted sentiments
Keep the trash to yourself. imm sure there's other boards where you can vent your anger that isn't a hurling thread
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

getevennotcross

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 25, 2014, 08:53:37 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 25, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

You sir, are a c**k.

::) . Someone had a few shandy's.  Bit strong all the same and a lot of generalisations about groups of people. Laying all the blame on people of West Belfast is a bit random and in my view out of order.
Don't get me wrong here Gizzy, I am not laying the blame on the good people of west Belfast, just relaying the reality of circumstances in which we live.  The majority of people of west Belfast are good, honest and decent people. My rant was focused more on those who would purport to be the moral and principled leaders, who shaft the people of west Belfast at any given opportunity.

Seamroga in exile

Maybe another thread should be started about all of this nonsense?

There are ulster hurling championship matches this weekend with Antrim teams playing in them. Or have you forgot? I can't wait to see the replay tomorrow. If it's half as exciting as the first game  we're all in for a treat.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

For once you talk some sense sie!

Like someone else here said cushendall probably need goals. If Shane mcnaughton is back towards any kind of form hopefully he can bag a few. Cushendall by four...

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2014, 11:12:28 AM
For once you talk some sense sie!

Like someone else here said cushendall probably need goals. If Shane mcnaughton is back towards any kind of form hopefully he can bag a few. Cushendall by four...
I talk sense every time Tommy. Its whether you know the truth or not that's the difference. 😉

Seamroga in exile

She's a stormy one up here at the minute. The rain has just started teaming down as well. Will it be a factor?

Gizzy15

25 mins to throw in just a couple of quick predictions for the craic.

Slaulgneil 2:14. V Cushendall. 3:12

Eoghan Rua. 4:10. V Rossa. 2:16

Castleblaney. 3:13. V Na Magha. 1;10