Paul Galvin- referee' notebook - is this something you've always wanted to do ?

Started by orangeman, June 15, 2008, 06:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Paul Galvin was sent off today "in contreversial circumstances" - he was getting a yellow card for a foul and was enraged he slapped the book out of referee Paddy Russell's hands and was then given a straight red. Is this something that you would like to do ?  ;D ;D

Puckoon

I think it was someone on here who posted that they were getting a yellow card in soccer and they took it and ripped it up. Then I think they did the same with the red one that was immediately produced.

Id have been more impressed if Galvin was fit to rip the black book up.

Puckoon

Wasnt there a thread earlier about his suitability for the captains role?

Hardly seems the behaviour of a captain - in what appeared to be an easy win for Kerry with little on the line.

SLIGONIAN

Hes a school teacher aswell, and great role model for young kids ::)...

Maybe he mistoke the refs black book for his own, word has it galvin reads a black book to motivate before games, he has written ever negative thing anyone ever said about him in it. Must be a few of brollys comments in there.

Hes a good player but needs to work on his anger and because of that side to his game I wouldnt have him captain.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Maguire01

It gets better...
QuoteKerry manager Pat O'Shea will not be happy by the antics of his captain who was sent off for a second yellow card and on receiving his marching orders, the Finuge club man slapped the referee's notebook out of his hand before remonstrating with his team mate Tomas O'Se, which resulted in both players pushing and shoving each other much to the amazement of all present.
And to think that some people on here had the audacity to question his suitability as captain.   ::)

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2008, 06:24:20 PM
It gets better...
QuoteKerry manager Pat O'Shea will not be happy by the antics of his captain who was sent off for a second yellow card and on receiving his marching orders, the Finuge club man slapped the referee's notebook out of his hand before remonstrating with his team mate Tomas O'Se, which resulted in both players pushing and shoving each other much to the amazement of all present.
And to think that some people on here had the audacity to question his suitability as captain.   ::)

Pure class  - the summer really brings out the best in us !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on June 15, 2008, 07:03:20 PM
They (Kerry) should be thrown out of the championship.

Replaced with I Can't Believe It's Not Kerry.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bcarrier

six months ?

Hard to imagine he will play again this season .

Nothing to do with his day job IMO.

magickingdom

what happened to Paul Galvin was a disgrace, i was right behind the linesman who spoke to the ref. john Hays (Clare no 7) twice bodychecked Galvin, Galvin then drew the linesmans attention to this and the linesman called the ref over. the stupid fokker then sent Galvin off by giving him a second yellow. for what! it means the world to Paul Galvin to captain Kerry and in one stupid decision the opportunity to captain Kerry in a munster final is taken from him. he was livid and rightly so. there is a basic standard needed for referring and russel (even as an amateur volunteer) should never get a whistle again unless he rescinds that sending off. and as for the people here gloating there is more of a man in galvins little finger than there is in ye

tyroneboi

Wonder what Pat Spillane will have to say about it tonight? Probably try and brush it under the carpet!!

anportmorforjfc

Cant wait to watch the sunday game. Plenty of talking points this week

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: magickingdom on June 15, 2008, 09:09:28 PM
what happened to Paul Galvin was a disgrace, i was right behind the linesman who spoke to the ref. john Hays (Clare no 7) twice bodychecked Galvin, Galvin then drew the linesmans attention to this and the linesman called the ref over. the stupid fokker then sent Galvin off by giving him a second yellow. for what! it means the world to Paul Galvin to captain Kerry and in one stupid decision the opportunity to captain Kerry in a munster final is taken from him. he was livid and rightly so. there is a basic standard needed for referring and russel (even as an amateur volunteer) should never get a whistle again unless he rescinds that sending off. and as for the people here gloating there is more of a man in galvins little finger than there is in ye

Why is the ref a disgrace? Surely if your blaming anyone there it should be the linesman who called him over? It'll not feature in the Sunday game highlights! Wasnt even mentioned during RTE sport earlier.

bcarrier