Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

All joking aside, I do enjoy playing Tyrone.
They probably have the best-looking female supporters.
I'll leave it up to others to judge the standard of their male supporters.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

"D'ya want a lift till Croker Patsy, thon bike is awful slow?"
"Naw, it'll do rightly. Tanks, but no tanks."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hereiam

Guys what is Mickeys game plan lately. Tyrone just seem to carry the ball into the tackle and try and work it from there

INDIANA

Quote from: Hereiam on July 20, 2013, 11:52:26 PM
Guys what is Mickeys game plan lately. Tyrone just seem to carry the ball into the tackle and try and work it from there

Tyrone just aren't as good as they used to be. Require two forwards. Ronan O neill should be one of them anyway. Mc Curry looks a lovely player just a bit green still though.

In transition. May struggle against Meath. But I fancy them to win narrowly. But need a good draw after that.

ONeill

Meath defined us.

Time to destroy them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2013, 11:55:24 PM

Tyrone just aren't as good as they used to be. Require two forwards. Ronan O neill should be one of them anyway. Mc Curry looks a lovely player just a bit green still though.

In transition. May struggle against Meath. But I fancy them to win narrowly. But need a good draw after that.

Donegal,Dublin,Kerry,Mayo call the good draw?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2013, 12:25:13 AM

Not so Captain Obvious, Mayo. Under-cooked as a 4am Kebab on Dame Street.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2013, 12:27:33 AM

Would have picked Mayo also just wondering does INDIANA agree.

Syferus

Tyrone's only hope of a giddy-up draw is the Touring Killarney Retirement Village.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2013, 12:33:28 AM

Tyrone's only hope of a giddy-up draw is the Touring Killarney Retirement Village.
Tyrone probably had the very opinion when they visited Killarney last summer. You also agree on Mayo then?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2013, 12:38:28 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2013, 12:33:28 AM

Tyrone probably had the very opinion when they visited Killarney last summer. You also agree on Mayo then?

I always thought Kerry would be like 15 mini-Paudis after having to put up with knowing that despite all their AIs and All-Stars they'd failed every big test they had against Tyrone in the previous decade. Absolute fortress Killarney.

Tyrone-Kerry in the confines of Croker with the Tyrone following far out-weighing the Kerry support is a very different prospect. It could go either way but it's maybe a 60:40 split in Kerry's favour.

Mayo would be the second best draw Tyrone could get but I feel like their chances start to get remote in that match-up. Tyrone were squeezed by a deep-set defence in the Hyde and before that in Ballyboffey and, trust me, Mayo can do that style better than we can and better than anyone outside Donegal.

The more I think about it the more a free-flowing game against Dublin might be their second-best bet. Whoever gets Tyrone (barring the Trimmers upsetting the odds) will form one of the two choice AIQFs.

INDIANA

True I forgot its not an open draw. Gonzo then. I really fancy Mayo's chances this year

ONeill

Things to dislike about Meath

#1 King Billy

ONeill

T Fearon

Fancy Meath to make it three in a row against Tyrone.Was there in 2007 when Geraghty beat Tyrone on his own despite being 65 years of age.