Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Great achievement for London, but like others I fear this could be a massacre...Should be played at a neutral venue at the very least aswell...
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

muppet

This Connacht Championship has been a complete disaster for the bean-counters. A complete disaster.

But I know if I was a neutral I would be bounding aboard the London bandwagon and praying for an exiles win. Bizarrely the rebel in me still kinda hopes it happens. But the head says Mayo at a canter.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2013, 07:01:07 PM
This Connacht Championship has been a complete disaster for the bean-counters. A complete disaster. to

But I know if I was a neutral I would be bounding aboard the London bandwagon and praying for an exiles win. Bizarrely the rebel in me still kinda hopes it happens. But the head says Mayo at a canter.

Me and the ould boss had to chance some parkour and leap the boundary between the stand and the stone seating yesterday to join up with the bandwagon on the field after the game.

Surely to God the lad stopping people using the stairs two feet away had to be a Mayo buckeen?

Rossfan

Since the 2005 meltdown it seems all Connacht games at the Hyde are controlled by Mayoites.
Last year on the day of the Galway debacle one of them on the gate told me that Season tickets were only valid for League and Mayo club games. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

McHale Park the GAA's largest all-seater stadium. These Rossies would be better worrying about the big red hand waiting to swat them like flies than Mayo. Mayo build a much better stadium and a better team and rather than stepping up they sulk.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

moysider

I m expecting a good crowd for this one and the CC has 3 weeks to sell it properly. Mayo in minor and the novelty of the senior pairing + Mayo going for 3 in a row for the first time in living memory will bring them out - especially if the weather is kind. Should be a good atmosphere as has already been pointed out. A neutral venue would kill the attendance.

Talk of COC being ready to take some part in this one. Heard nothing about Conroy? I d like to see Burke, Barry M and Regan get good runs if not start. We ve at least 2 games left and we ll need 20+ players flying if we re to progress beyond that.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 01, 2013, 10:20:01 PM
McHale Park the GAA's largest all-seater stadium. These Rossies would be better worrying about the big red hand waiting to swat them like flies than Mayo. Mayo build a much better stadium and a better team and rather than stepping up they sulk.

Tyrone are just a passing fancy, we're stuck with ye lads.

moysider

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 01, 2013, 06:38:05 PM
Great achievement for London, but like others I fear this could be a massacre...Should be played at a neutral venue at the very least aswell...

Why? Would more London people travel if it was a neutral venue? Why destroy attendance and atmosphere by going neutral. Mayo would not travel to Salthill or the Hyde in numbers for obvious reasons. Personally I d sooner go to London for a weekend for this, than either of the above. The CC need all the cents they can get.

Should be no more of a massacre than a lot of other games already. If it is, it is. If Mayo are going to be serious later it needs to be too. We went soft against both Galway and Ros after getting into commanding positions. Everybody knows how we nearly blew a huge lead in AISF last year. I d like to see Horan give lads an opportunity to put a marker down for places in this one and keep it lit for the full 70 mins.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2013, 10:33:19 PM

Just worry about Tyrone for now.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 01, 2013, 10:57:10 PM

Not a bit worried, boss.

The Ros will be the die-hard London supporters for the Connacht final. I told you we'd be back.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2013, 11:00:16 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 01, 2013, 10:57:10 PM

Not a bit worried, boss.

The Ros will be the die-hard London supporters for the Connacht final. I tf you we'd be back.

I'd love to see London win Connacht were they not playing Mayo.

Mayo4Sam

I've London backed to get further in the championship than Tyrone, could have done with them getting a tougher draw in the qualifiers
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

If there was an ounce of sense anywhere in the GAA this game would be played in London and heavily promoted.

moysider

Quote from: stephenite on July 01, 2013, 11:54:56 PM
If there was an ounce of sense anywhere in the GAA this game would be played in London and heavily promoted.

+1. This is going to be an opportunity blown by looks of it. When is London going to be in a final again?

People (especially the Rosssie hoard tryin to get in on the action! - Jaysus has he not enough to be gettin on with?) not seeing the big picture here. If it s to be played in Ireland it has to be McHale Park. Any contrary arguement is shite. But if the CC could take a hit and go for a novel London venue it would be some occasion. Ruislip would probably take it?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: moysider on July 02, 2013, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: stephenite on July 01, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

+1. This is going to be an opportunity blown by looks of it. When is London going to be in a final again?

People (especially the Rosssie hoard tryin to get in on the action! - Jaysus has he not enough to be gettin on with?) not seeing the big picture here. If it s to be played in Ireland it has to be McHale Park. Any contrary arguement is shite. But if the CC could take a hit and go for a novel London venue it would be some occasion. Ruislip would probably take it?

I'd be on the first train to London for Liverpool if it were played in London. Irish and especially Mayo's from all over London, Reading etc would go. Smaller amounts of Mayo's and others would come from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Northampton etc.