GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Most of the betting for the club Championships are out, Cross are 1/3 Kilmacud Crokes 2/1, Nemo 8/11, Portlaios 1/3
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

boojangles

With so much action on this weekend on d club scene surely there is value in some counties? in Cavan the reigning champions Kingscourt are 7-2 against Cavan Gaels minus Sean Johnston. The Gaels will hav revenge in mind but the value definitely lies with the Stars. Wot about other counties?

Lone Shark

It's old news to anyone that got the Goalpost supplement from the Racing Post yesterday, but I think Boylesports have overpriced two live outsiders in the Offaly SHC.

They have Lusmagh at 9/5 to beat Tullamore, and Tullamore have gone very badly this Summer - Shane Dooley's 60 day sanction is still in force and Tullamore have really struggled to score without him. That's a 50/50 game.

They're also 12/5 about Belmont to beat Seir Kieran (vested interest alert - Belmont is the hurling club that Ferbane people play with, so it's more or less my home club) and Belmont need a win to get through while Clareen are already in the quarters. Clareen have been doing enough without pulling up any trees and if David Kenny can even half curtail Joe Bergin, we'll have a good chance. Again, I'd say 6/4 would be a fairer price.

I'm also backing Gavin Ivory to score a goal for the minor footballers, Ballaghaderreen in Mayo and agree completely that Kingscourt stars look overpriced.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'll declare an interest from the start as its my own club but I'm convinced that Boylesports have over-priced St Patrick's Cullyhanna to beat Pearse Ogs next weekend. Certainly the Ogs deserve to be favourites but I'd price this one up as 4/5 & 5/4 or perhaps 4/6 & 6/4. Instead Cullyhanna are a surprisingly long 19/10 and certainly represent good value.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

borderfox

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 27, 2011, 10:14:44 PM
I'll declare an interest from the start as its my own club but I'm convinced that Boylesports have over-priced St Patrick's Cullyhanna to beat Pearse Ogs next weekend. Certainly the Ogs deserve to be favourites but I'd price this one up as 4/5 & 5/4 or perhaps 4/6 & 6/4. Instead Cullyhanna are a surprisingly long 19/10 and certainly represent good value.

Ill have a few quid on Cullyhanna at 19/10. Decent bet.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

tommysmith

Quote from: boojangles on August 27, 2011, 12:58:38 AM
With so much action on this weekend on d club scene surely there is value in some counties? in Cavan the reigning champions Kingscourt are 7-2 against Cavan Gaels minus Sean Johnston. The Gaels will hav revenge in mind but the value definitely lies with the Stars. Wot about other counties?

Hope nobody backed Kingscourt they got a hammering and hadn't won a championship game this year going into this.

Milltown Row2

Will be hitting Dublin Minors and The Cats this weekend in the bookies. Twenty Euro gets you back nearly a ton!!

Oh I fancy Creggan to beat Lamh Dhearg in the Antrim Football championship this Friday night, 15/8
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

My take on the weekends action - (for what its worth)
Creggan way overpriced to beat Lamh Dhearg at 15/8. Match should be priced 5/6 v 6/5
Agree that St Pats are also overpriced v ogs
Think Graenmore and Ballymcnab are a good double at 6/5 and 8/11 respectively.
Never thought I would ever see Kilkenny at 13/8 in an All Ireland final and for me this is a cracking bet.

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Clane are way too big at 2/1 (William Hill) to beat Naas.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tommysmith

Ok lads anyone have any good bets for the club championship games this weekend?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports

rodney trotter

Lavey at 4/1 tonight might be a decent bet. They have been going well in the league this year, second in the league, There is only 3 teams in that group so I think that will be a close match tonight. Cuchullains to beat Killygarry at the weekend and Mullahoran to beat Gowna.

Kildare,Meath,Kerry and Down to win at the weekend in a accum.

boojangles

Kingscourt at 1/3 is great value. Can't see anything but a Kingscourt win here. Mullahoran had a hard fought win over Ballinagh on Saturday and they should have that bit too much up front against their friendly neighbours.
Mullahoran 8/15 and Kingscourt 1/3 Double.

Can't see Lavey winning tonight Rodney.

rodney trotter

Close but no cigar. Gaels won by 2pts. 1-11 to 10pts. Declan Meehan goal after 15 minutes was the difference. The Gaels were up by 4 at half time and lavey battled back in the second half and closed it to 1 point. Few scores from Martin Dunne was the difference in the end. Lavey played very well.

Kingscourt should definitely have too much for Denn. I think that will be very one sided. Denn are very depleted and playing out of div2 if a big gap aswell.

rodney trotter