DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

When will we know where and when this is?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

The Real Laoislad

Hard to decide who i'd like see bate in this game
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 10:39:41 PM

Well look on the brightside. Its rare Laois football fans have to worry about making any travel arrangements in July to attend inter county championship football games. Think of all the money being saved.

put-it-up

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on July 11, 2010, 10:31:29 PM
When will we know where and when this is?

Tommorow afternoon I would imagine

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 11:07:22 PM

Well look on the brightside. Its rare Laois football fans have to worry about making any travel arrangements in July to attend inter county championship football games. Think of all the money being saved.

Odd post... On the coke again
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Onlooker

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 11, 2010, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 11, 2010, 08:59:21 PM
I would rather a packed Parnell Park than the miserable atmosphere in Croke Park the other day.
Sure it'd be grand if they had a double header with the Louth Meath replay!  :P
That would draw a fine crowd to Croke Park.

DuffleKing

Surely you can support our lads now that they won't be scourging laois?

mackers

Think that it's a great draw, hard to beat going down to Croker to play the Dubs, great to get away from the Ulster teams. I'd disagree with Indiana, if we can keep the Brogans quiet, which I believe we can, then we'll keep the Dubs fairly quiet up front. Bernard won't come up against a better FB this year and hopefully Andy Mallon can build on a good showing today............still worry about Vincie Martin though. Our HB line is solid.
It's further up the field I'd worry about with our MF and HF line looking very weak unless we can get Toner and Lavery fit.
McDonnell and Clarke will create havoc in the Dubs full back line if we can get possession into them.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

A good draw for both teams who will fancy their chances, Dubs at home will probably be slight bookies favourites I'd imagine.  i wouldn't go in full of confidence but certainly there's nothing to fear.  MF would be our biggest fear, we really do need Toner and Lavery in there and I suspect they will be.  I was really shocked that the team that was named v Fermanagh actually started, if we start with that side again, we will get gubbed - a HF line that has zero to offer at this level.  Will be an excellent morale boost for the winner.

This year's championship really is shit btw, an awful lot of mediocre teams about.  Cannon fodder for the Munster boyos. Tyrone can delude themselves for another few weeks yet that they are still at these boys level.

Bensars

Dispite Dublin not taking the conventional route, they would have to fancy themselves against a weak Armagh side too heavily dependent on their aging marque forward.

haveaharp

Whats your gripe with Armagh, apart from the pastings we have handed ye ?

mackers

Quote from: Bensars on July 12, 2010, 10:16:19 AM
Dispite Dublin not taking the conventional route, they would have to fancy themselves against a weak Armagh side too heavily dependent on their aging marque forward.
Go fish somewhere else.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

Quotea weak Armagh side too heavily dependent on their aging marque forward.

perhaps you meant marquee?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bensars

Fair enough !

On a serious note, if Mc Donnell is kept quiet by the Dubs is there enough of a scoring threat elsewhere ?

Maguire01

Quote from: Bensars on July 12, 2010, 12:23:37 PM
Fair enough !

On a serious note, if Mc Donnell is kept quiet by the Dubs is there enough of a scoring threat elsewhere ?
Have you missed J Clarke?